Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The stupidity of the anti-vaxx nutcases

Rek blamed the death on a local anti-vax movement, saying its leaders had convinced his mother against vaccination and thus had “blood on their hands”.

“I know exactly who influenced her … It makes me sad that she believed strangers more than her proper family,” Rek said.

“It wasn’t just total disinformation but also views on natural immunity and antibodies acquired through infection,” he added.

The net result of quackery.

I wonder how many people will actually attend this. It's pretty scary imho. Grifters is the word.

"NEW from me: Big Ivermectin is headed to DC to march on Sunday. They've sold out hotels, shared directions on forging vaxx cards, and they're expecting 10,000+. It's an antivaxx Super Bowl, a "who’s who of grifters," and it was organized on... Facebook."

Organized on Facebook, a ‘who’s who’ of anti-vaccine activists head to D.C.

"Among the scheduled speakers is Dr. Robert Malone, a virologist who has recently emerged as a new leader of the anti-vaccination movement after appearing on Joe Rogan’s podcast in December. Malone, who is president of the Pandemic Health Alliance, the organization soliciting donations for the rally, has pushed anti-Covid vaccine talking points, including tweeting a retracted study falsely claiming Covid vaccines caused a substantial number of deaths."

this isn't right. before he became an antivaxxer he was the single person most responsible for cleaning up the Hudson and the waterways around NYC in general. he established a program at a local law school which has produced a cadre of environmental litigators. he's dangerous not because he's a Kennedy but because he had done enough good to finish as a legend and has squandered his name on antivaxxism. it's a fucking tragedy.

welp, he's lost his brain completely.

Damn I'm slow ...
I've only just realised where the "vaccinated will drop dead in two years" crap comes from ...
It's the two years the FDA would normally take to approve a vaccine - not because of possible harm, but in order to ensure the immunity lasts long enough to call the vaccine effective ...

Damn I'm slow ...
I've only just realised where the "vaccinated will drop dead in two years" crap comes from ...
It's the two years the FDA would normally take to approve a vaccine - not because of possible harm, but in order to ensure the immunity lasts long enough to call the vaccine effective ...
That sounds like a massive oversimplification to me.

Reactions: tim
That sounds like a massive oversimplification to me.
I had pretty well figured out that the two year approval time was more to do with trades descriptions than safety ...
I don't usually watch the likes of Jillian Michaels but she had Victor Racaniello on and he happened to expressly suggest that ...I'm forever asking antivaxxers to explain what possible mechanism they have in mind for longish-term issues (yes I've heard about the narcolepsy issues in Pandemrix - my minimal reading suggests the same people might well have got that from actual infection)

The normal timescales are down to a combination of factors, I dont know why you want to whittle it down to one. Safety and how well it works are two of the biggest, along with a bunch of procedural stuff, panels meeting to weigh up the different factors, data continuing to accrue etc. Plus manufacturing facilities getting the right certification and so on.

welp, he's lost his brain completely.

Yep, he's totally lost the plot alright. Disappeared right down into that rabbit hole, never to return. What an odious and deplorable thing to say.

I also can’t not add the picture of the loon with their car because it’s a bit special.

But, it's not a car, it's a wagon, with chocolate biscuit wheels.

“My car is not a car. My car is my wagon, with wagon wheels,” he continued, insisting he doesn’t need a driver’s license to operate his car, which is currently wrapped with graphics claiming the COVID-19 vaccine a “bio-weapon.”

1643106849566.png

Looks like Reddit mods are pissed off with antivaxxers, too. The response from a mod:
We ban anti-vaxxers and reality deniers.
You'll have some time to delete that comment about your Nobel prize winning horse paste and your DNA altering experimental vaccine before I get to it.
If I have to see it and remove it however, then you may not appeal your ban.
Delete Facebook, turn off Fox News, yadda yadda. After two years we've all had enough of your nonsense, you disease spreading ignoramus.
You may now scream and tantrum about your holy Free Speechtm that you don't know the meaning of either.

Oh and if you reply to this comment with "It's not horse paste/ my free speech/ nao it's CNN that's bad reeee!" then congratulations, you took the bait and you're too dumb not to get banned.

It's a search term count :D

Back
Top Bottom