Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Pro-Putin Left

Actually, the discussion on the 'Solidarity with Ukraine' thread on the Barrows Supporters site is overall a lot better than here. No tank spotting weirdos , part-time military strategy bods, no calls to bomb Russia or start a nuclear war, no obsessive I won't rest until we find absolutely the right line on this conflict, and a distinct lack of megaphone type posters.

Did you actually read that forum? A quick look at that and plenty of the comments seem to be a mad as a box of frogs?

Fifth comment in something about the US deep state, and then a few later some wibble about the Viking, then couple more and Palestine makes a predictable entry.

Does anyone know who's behind the Class Action group on FB? I've just looked on FB for the first time in ages and they popped up -- their stuff is a bit of a mishmash but there's some very dodgy stuff from them on Ukraine.

No idea Sue, although I have a sneaking suspicion of a possibility. Send a link or screenshot or something?

Does anyone know who's behind the Class Action group on FB? I've just looked on FB for the first time in ages and they popped up -- their stuff is a bit of a mishmash but there's some very dodgy stuff from them on Ukraine.
Groups liking their posts - Sunderland against Fascism, Football lads and lasses against Fascism, Sunderland unites- if that helps at all(as the group has only 575 followers i thought that might be indicative of who may be behind it)

No idea Sue, although I have a sneaking suspicion of a possibility. Send a link or screenshot or something?
Will do later when I've some time.

Groups liking their posts - Sunderland against Fascism, Football lads and lasses against Fascism, Sunderland unites- if that helps at all(as the group has only 575 followers i thought that might be indicative of who may be behind it)
Thanks. Some of their stuff is standard sharing links from campaigns/other groups (like TU stuff, strike stuff, that kind of thing which is fair enough)but some of it is definitely dodgy.

Some of the lot that did the Essex Heckler (among other stuff, they used loads of names and papers) went down the Covid conspiracy rabbithole, and seem to have continued with Ukraine stuff as well.

FFS, Galloway and Workers Party Tweeting the 'unconfirmed news' that a US 3 star general has been captured leading Azov troops in Mariupol.

Absolute crack smoking fucking loons. (Apologies to crack smokers and loons tbh.)

Imho crack smoking is a behaviour which (whilst driven by social/economic inequality) does require personal responsibility to address and also makes people believe a lot of crap, so the metaphor feels appropriate.

Wasn’t keen on (kebabkinhgs?) comment about oxygen deprivation at birth on another thread, but there are worse things happening in the world.

In any case, the reason Galloway (and quite a few others) have spent so long honing their loonshpiel is likely less to do with a drug use and/or organic mental impairment, but because they know it’s effective at grooming those who are a bit (or a lot) vulnerable. Same reason Nigel does it.

Back
Top Bottom