Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Pro-Putin Left

Stop the War Coalition was founded in September 2001 in the weeks following 9/11, when George W. Bush announced the “war on terror”. Stop the War has since been dedicated to preventing and ending the wars in Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya and elsewhere.
Find out more

so wildly successful then:rolleyes:

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen a link preview with a flickery gif before.
I've spent the last five minutes trying to work out the frequency at which I should blink to be able to read what the two images actually say.

I've spent the last five minutes trying to work out the frequency at which I should blink to be able to read what the two images actually say.
Didnt think to just click the link which goes directly to the page showing both images?, couple o seconds

Reactions: tim
Looks like a pro-Russian "leftist" might be in a position to pull Slovakian support for Ukraine after upcoming elections, Fico's party is ahead in polls: As Slovakia's trust in democracy fades, its election frontrunner campaigns against aid to Ukraine

Good podcast about this on the BBC here. If things in Czech Republic continue as they are, they too are likely to vote in a similarly corrupt piece of shit in 2025 (Andrej Babiš). High inflation, amongst other things, has fucked things up royally in this part of Europe.

Good podcast about this on the BBC here. If things in Czech Republic continue as they are, they too are likely to vote in a similarly corrupt piece of shit in 2025 (Andrej Babiš). High inflation, amongst other things, has fucked things up royally in this part of Europe.
High inflation fucks up lots of things across Europe but are the specifics, and other things , in the Czech Republic?

Anyway, I feel for the poor Slovak electorate. They must feel like they're between the devil and the deep blue sea.

High inflation fucks up lots of things across Europe but are the specifics, and other things , in the Czech Republic?

Property prices have been a big one over the past few years, along with low wages. On average, a 70 square metre flat costs 13 gross annual salaries; I think the UK equivalent is eight. In my block there are families of three living in 45 square metres; probably that goes for many places, including the UK, but it gives an idea of what a working couple in decent jobs can afford. Otherwise it's the usual story of the top half of society voting for low taxes and anyone who parrots Thatcher (still seen as the ideal) and for the bottom half nobody offering an alternative but authoritarians and populists (far right; anti-Ukrainian/pro-Russian populists; corrupt populists; unreformed pre-'89 communists). Add to that 400,000+ Ukrainian refugees, long term and broadly accepted racism against the Roma (who are now being set against the Ukrainians) and it's not a pretty picture.
Edit to add: The disinformation scene is not to be underestimated: link, link and link.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom