Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Official Ingurland are shit 'Euro 2012' thread.

Nah it's meant to be Christ the Redeemer surely?

images

no shit sherlock!

Not sure why I'm still banging on about the Rio Ferdinand thing but did anyone hear Hodgson being interviewed about it? The reason he's upset Ferdinand by leaving him out was that he thought he'd be upset being on the bench. :facepalm: A case of being too good to be on the bench, so, in practice that means he was too good to be added to the squad.... Was that really the best the FA could come up with in over a week?

Not sure why I'm still banging on about the Rio Ferdinand thing but did anyone hear Hodgson being interviewed about it? The reason he's upset Ferdinand by leaving him out was that he thought he'd be upset being on the bench. :facepalm: A case of being too good to be on the bench, so, in practice that means he was too good to be added to the squad.... Was that really the best the FA could come up with in over a week?

Yeh I saw that too.. bonkers... He's too good to play for England was essentially what he was saying. I used to respect Hodgson - but jesus christ he's an idiot.

Yeh I saw that too.. bonkers... He's too good to play for England was essentially what he was saying. I used to respect Hodgson - but jesus christ he's an idiot.

Nah he wasnt saying that at all. He was saying that given his career and service to England taking Ferdinand just to sit on the bench and not get a sniff of any gametime is disrespectful to him. I can understand that point of view.

Like them or not certain players deserve respect towards the end of the career (like Giggs and Scholes have had at Man Utd), watching Lampard sit on the bench week in week out for Chelsea under AVB was shocking, Lampard is essentially a Chelsea legend and to treat him like that was was disgraceful. I can see why Roy would only take Rio if he was to be an integral part of the squad.

Anyway I think its more likely a lot of politics going on behind the scenes and Roy is just having to front up as best he can.

Rumoured starting lineup (from the Daily Mail's chief football correspondent):

Hart
Johnson, Terry, Lescott, Cole
Milner, Gerrard, Parker, Oxlade-Chamberlain
Young; Welbeck

Back
Top Bottom