Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Official Ingurland are shit 'Euro 2012' thread.

One thing I've been meaning to ask, and apologies if it's already been covered (would be surprised if not, given how important it is): why do Cole and Johnson still have their first initials on their shirt, even though Joe and Adam aren't in the squad? :confused:

In a similar vein, why was Ronaldo denoted on the scoreline graphic as Cristiano Ronaldo?

It's the fucking Euros, is a fat retired Brazilian going to suddenly show up and score?

One thing I've been meaning to ask, and apologies if it's already been covered (would be surprised if not, given how important it is): why do Cole and Johnson still have their first initials on their shirt, even though Joe and Adam aren't in the squad? :confused:
I would imagine now on the players part it's more of a superstition thingymajig. ;) They don't like to change things footy players. They're more OCDC than politicians :)

In a similar vein, why was Ronaldo denoted on the scoreline graphic as Cristiano Ronaldo?

It's the fucking Euros, is a fat retired Brazilian going to suddenly show up and score?

Because Ronaldo requested it as I understand it. In much the same way as Nani gets to choose what name goes up if he scores

Different bloody sport! I was talking in purely footballing in terms (though I appreciate that isn't clear from the mention of Olympics).

Hodgson's future plans

"I don't want to emulate nations, no. I want England to be England.
"You can't say we are going to play like Spain because apart from anything, the Spanish grew up in different climatic conditions to us and have always had very different qualities.
Agreed

"We have to maintain that degree of pragmatism that we have always had in English football," he said.
"We also have to retain that fighting spirit and doggedness.
"We mustn't start throwing those qualities overboard just so you can come off the field and have someone say you've had more shots at goal.
:facepalm::facepalm:

Sorry Roy, where in the "traditions of English football" does it say "give the other team the ball 70% of the time and defend your 18-yard line like your centre halves will drop dead if they advance 20 metres or so"? There was sod all traditional about England playing like a Conference team in the 3rd Round of the FA Cup.

Back
Top Bottom