Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Official Ingurland are shit 'Euro 2012' thread.

he he, I almost did that on purpose. I dunno, on his day he's dangerous, and he's certainly better than he used to be, but he's very hot and cold.

6ff8892f2c8e4eec39fedb561a7df59c.jpg

riotpoliceR_350x350.jpg

Sod the football,Im looking forward to the Euro plastic chair throwing tournie

For once there is a refreshing lack of hype and nonsesne about England prior to a major tournament and expectations are almost approaching 'realistic'

I think if England manage to qualify to the next round they will have done well. Hopefully younger players like Oxlade Chamberlin will have a good tournament. I have no great expectations of rooney doing anyhting other than being his usual twatty self. Once this is out of the way we can say goodbye to the likes of Gerrard, Terry, Lampard and the rest of the underperfomring, overpaid prima donnas of the 'golden generation'.

Final squad submitted to UEFA:

Goalkeepers: 1. Joe Hart (Manchester City), 13. Robert Green (West Ham), 23. Jack Butland (Birmingham City).

Defenders: 12. Leighton Baines (Everton), 5. Gary Cahill (Chelsea), 3. Ashley Cole (Chelsea), 2. Glen Johnson (Liverpool), 14. Phil Jones (Manchester United), 15. Joleon Lescott (Manchester City), 6. John Terry (Chelsea), 18. Phil Jagielka (Everton).

Midfielders: 19. Stewart Downing (Liverpool), 4. Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), 8. Frank Lampard (Chelsea), 16. James Milner (Manchester City), 20. Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), 17. Scott Parker (Tottenham), 7. Theo Walcott (Arsenal), 11. Ashley Young (Manchester United).

Forwards: 9. Andy Carroll (Liverpool), 21. Jermain Defoe (Tottenham), 10. Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), 22. Danny Welbeck (Manchester United).

Teams can bring in reserves in the instance of serious injury, up until the team's first game (i.e. ours is against France on the 11th).

Lampard's injured now :facepalm:

England's Frank Lampard will undergo a thigh scan on Thursday after pulling up in training ahead of Saturday's pre-Euro 2012 friendly against Belgium.

The 33-year-old Chelsea midfielder will be assessed by England's medical team.

Liverpool's Jordan Henderson, 21, has been put on standby as cover while Lampard is monitored.

Although I already knew it, I realised yesterday just how clearly our home and away kits have been designed for the high street rather than the pitch.

England+Euro+2012+Home-Away+kit

'Tailored by Umbro' indeed :rolleyes: :facepalm:

Even the supporters cant be arsed

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18279636

"England are set to have their lowest travelling support at a tournament in years after thousands of Euro 2012 tickets were returned to Uefa.
The Football Association was given around 7,500 tickets for the games against France and Ukraine, and 9,000 for the Sweden fixture.

Only 3,000 tickets were sold through England's official membership group for each of the group games.
The unsold tickets have been sent back to Uefa and will go on general sale."

I saw that. Briefly considered getting a ticket :oops: :facepalm:

Im pretty sure if you pootle across to thr Ukraine, you will be able to pick up tickets for face value.
Shame is getting such bad press, cos UKR is fascinating to pootle around on trains. Obviously I wont mention being shaken down by the police in Kiev @ 4AM.

Speaking of shit Ingurland teams,the one that went to the 1992 Euros was fucking awful,Carlton Palmer,Keith Curle,Tony Daley etc,fuckin hell,make the current lot look like Brazil circa '70.

Speaking of shit Ingurland teams,the one that went to the 1992 Euros was fucking awful,Carlton Palmer,Keith Curle,Tony Daley etc,fuckin hell,make the current lot look like Brazil circa '70.

God just googled it - there's some terrible players there. Although Gary Lineker up front with a young Alan Shearer in the squad is a long way ahead of what we've got now.

Just to confirm it, England are now demonstrating that they are genuinely shit. Not, "ooh, maybe now the pressure is off they'll be a bit better and surprise a few people" but genuine, going home without a point or a goal shit

is still expecting a nasty surprise as seeming as the whole country is not mounting stupid amounts of pressure due to unrealistic expectations ..

you bastards might do quite well

:)

England will be very difficult to beat, which is what is needed to get through the Group stages. Germany and Italy have turned this into art forms previously.

After that, who knows.

I was just thinking last night - where once lfc supplied 4-5 players to the Spanish nt, we now supply 4-5 to the English team. :(

Indeed,they might Greece their way to the final.
It shouldn't still surprise me, but I'm still astounded at just how unintelligently England's midfield use the ball. It's really not the technical stuff that makes us shit, it's the common sense use of the ball. If we could somehow convince our players to do the basic stuff like "play the way you're facing" and "play the simple ball" , we'd be 1,000x better. It's amazing the number of passes we play which have no chance of being completed. They're not even speculative most of the time, they just look like direct attempts to get rid of the ball.

Back
Top Bottom