Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Muso Equipment Nerdery Thread 🎸

Bare in mind that generally tubes need cranking to get the best out of them....
It's five amps with a one amp mode so it won't cause any earthquakes but it's very hard to tell how loud those are by listening to reviews on YouTube.

What's it like? I want a reverb pedal.

I bought a joyo tremolo pedal for £20 from FB marketplace. It's nothing amazing to be honest but that might just be the tremolo effect in general.
No idea yet heinous seamus - might be another week until I get my grubby mitts on it. Will report back. Maybe see if I can record something.

Spent a lot of time playing this weekend, messing with pedal order, different tunings (FACGAE is lush). First thing I'mma try when the reverb comes is stick it in front of my delays like a loon.

Currently my "rig" is:

Fender American Vintage '59 Stratocaster - POG2 polyphonic octave generator (EHX) - Cool Cat Chorus (Danelectro) - Laika phaser/vibrato/rotary (Sleeping Dog FX) - Memory Man with Hazerai delay (EGX) - DD3 delay (Boss) - Cool Cat Tremolo (Danelectro)

Has anyone seen the mod duo? Basically it’s a twin foot pedal powered by a small Linux computer. You build up an fx chain with software plug-ins. And then assign the foot switches and two rotary controls to what you want. You connect to it through chrome browser.

The hardware was top quality. I had one for awhile but sold it because it wasn’t all that accessible for me. A great idea though.

It's quite a lot of tube amp for 130 quid. At full vol my daughter could hear it in the back garden with me in the front bedroom with my window and door closed. The 1w mode is a volume attenuator and maybe halves the volume, if that. It sounds lovely though and I've got a quieter one if it's late at night.

IMG_20230608_173007.jpg

I've just decided to try some flatwound bass strings, after playing (someone else's) Fender Jazz with them on. Through a Trace Elliott amplifier - bloody lush. I thought I'd start by trying the strings, on the basis that this was the cheapest option :)

I was looking at a PRS SE baritone guitar online. and a bit tempted. I have a couple of seven strings and an eight though so probably have enough covered for those registers.

Recently mainly playing my Strat through the boss street cube. I love the ampp, actually sounds really good for what it is. next thing to work on is making some backing music to play through it. Not that I’m going busking but just a practice against.

I'm very curious about the Squier Cabronita Baritones, they are pretty cheap and come with P90s. I'm wondering if it would open up some tonal possibilities I don't have in my "arsenal"

IMG_20230731_205713_066~2.jpg

Top L-R: Caline Snakebite Reverb, Electro-Harmonix POG2 Polyphonic Octave Generator, Electro-Harmonix Memory Man Deluxe with Hazarai Delay, Zoom G1 Four Multi Effects

Middle L-R: Mooer Lofi Machine, Stomp Under Foot Civil War Fuzz, Sleeping Dog Effects Laika Phaser/Vibrato/Rotary, Fredric Effects Golden Eagle Boost/Overdrive

Bottom L-R: Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus, Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo, Boss DS-1 Distortion, Boss DD-3 Delay

View attachment 385279

Top L-R: Caline Snakebite Reverb, Electro-Harmonix POG2 Polyphonic Octave Generator, Electro-Harmonix Memory Man Deluxe with Hazarai Delay, Zoom G1 Four Multi Effects

Middle L-R: Mooer Lofi Machine, Stomp Under Foot Civil War Fuzz, Sleeping Dog Effects Laika Phaser/Vibrato/Rotary, Fredric Effects Golden Eagle Boost/Overdrive

Bottom L-R: Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus, Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo, Boss DS-1 Distortion, Boss DD-3 Delay
Loving the Danelectros! And the POG.

I want one of the new Pico POGs.

View attachment 385279

I want to come round yours for a shot of your pedals.

Rule of thumb:

Guitar -> pitch (octaver etc) -> compressor -> wah -> Fuzz -> dirt (overdrives etc) - > modulation (phaser/chorus) -> time (delays) - > reverb - > amp.

But even that can start fights, and your experience might be different.

Rule of thumb:

Guitar -> pitch (octaver etc) -> compressor -> wah -> Fuzz -> dirt (overdrives etc) - > modulation (phaser/chorus) -> time (delays) - > reverb - > amp.

But even that can start fights, and your experience might be different.
My fuzz goes after my distortion because I want fuzzy dirt not dirty fuzz (not arguing, just saying).

Looking forward to seeing Steel Icarus's new axe as I have the regular cabronita, am very fond of it and have drooled over the baritone ones before.

Hi, would it be possible to attach an effects peddle such as delay to the effects send/return on my dj mixer?

has anyone done so and what was the result?

Back
Top Bottom