Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Matt Hancock File

Will Hancock be Health Secretary on 19th July

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The S*n are reporting that Coladangelo was confronted about hancock in 2019 by her husband. So, he was certainly in an affair when the contracts were dished out to her brother. A pretty significant conflict of interests, certainly. Of course it doesn't make much difference given the lead the tories have/how shit labour are. Just an everyday tale of corruption in modern Britain. :(

It’s a bit odd - the footage of them going at it like sixth formers in a darkened corner made it look like this was something new, the enthusiasm of fresh lovers. Yet giving them a job and leaving the wife makes it sound more serious and considered, like it’s been there a long time. Fucking shit for the families, although marrying a tory always makes you vulnerable to such acts of self-interest I guess.
Much as I don't like the part of my brain that does this, I have cynically wondered if the whole "they are now together" thing is a way to manage the perception of the situation; "this is a serious romance, a sad case of two people falling in love outside of their marriage, such tragedy, but hearts and emotion and serious feelings", etc as opposed to "this was a 'tawdry fling' between two people who act on impulse, are used to just doing whatever they want didn't really care about anyone else, family or public, and thought they wouldn't get caught".

Kind of like the most recent Johnson marriage; damage control rather than true love.

Again, really should be none of our business, the trouble is I can't help but think of it through the prism of how they conduct themselves in every other part of their lives - try to get away with as much as possible in their own interests while cynically treating the public as fools and mugs.

I really, really hate these people.

Much as I don't like the part of my brain that does this, I have cynically wondered if the whole "they are now together" thing is a way to manage the perception of the situation; "this is a serious romance, a sad case of two people falling in love outside of their marriage, such tragedy, but hearts and emotion and serious feelings", etc as opposed to "this was a 'tawdry fling' between two people who act on impulse, are used to just doing whatever they want didn't really care about anyone else, family or public, and thought they wouldn't get caught".

Kind of like the most recent Johnson marriage; damage control rather than true love.

Again, really should be none of our business, the trouble is I can't help but think of it through the prism of how they conduct themselves in every other part of their lives - try to get away with as much as possible in their own interests while cynically treating the public as fools and mugs.

They are hated by millions. Everywhere you look on the interner the expressions are building up fast. The party I support Left Unity went on a march to Parliament Square yesterday and I was nearly roused to the train to Waterloo to join in but carried on doing my job as a writer instead.

... of course he has own shares in family companies that benefit from his own department's contracts:

Slight correction, NHS Wales has nowt to do with Hancock's former department, it's run by the Labour controlled Welsh government.

You mean, as though Tory MPs just lurch from one self-serving transaction to another whether it's in their personal lives or in their careers? No, it couldn't possibly be that.

'Dear Mattie, hang on, let me remember which bit I'm apologising for. Is it you being 'fucking useless'? Is it for contributing to unnecessary deaths of tens of thousands? Is it for dishing out contracts to your long term lover's brother? No, not those, I don't think. Ah, got it now! It's for saying you personally benefitted from the Covid contracts sat in that trough when it was the Covid contracts sat in that trough'. Sorry.

maxresdefault.jpg

This might sound shitty, but I don't feel more than a small pinch of sympathy for his wife or kids. She has at least some responsibility for the state we're in: she's a Tory, from a massively well-connected family (well, several well-connected, and also titled families) which will have given her opportunities most of us can only dream of; she's part of that whole nepotistic, self-serving world which enables the likes of him to thrive, and to shit on ordinary people. Their richness thrives on people's poverty.

Those kids will get chance after chance to not just succeed, but excel, in careers that have slammed the doors shut on millions of kids that don't stand a chance by accident of birth. I know material wealth isn't the most important thing for children, blah blah, but it certainly helps, plus having all the connections they'll have as they go through life. There are tons of families who can barely put food on the table, relying on food banks etc. I have more sympathy for those families, many for whom government fuck-ups during the pandemic have made things far worse. It took a footballer to make sure kids were fed ffs - while Tory MPs' kids get the best education, lovely house etc etc, then onto Oxbridge and the same greedy carousel as their parents.

People have suffered so much because of this bastard and the rest of the grubby government. And it's the people at the bottom of the pile of this shitty situation that I feel for.

Back
Top Bottom