Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

the long-awaited 'why the telegraph is going downhill' thread

Completely delusional. It's interesting how the author never once mentioned the Primrose League (but includes a picture of Disraeli) in his article. The league was actually wound up when the Tories who ostensibly ran it, realised there weren't enough working class members for it to continue. Afaik, working class Primrose Leaguers always found themselves faced with a glass ceiling. No surprises there.

The Daily Telegraph reported on 16 December 2004, "this week saw a significant event for any observers of political history: after 121 years, the Primrose League was finally wound up. The league's aim was to promote Toryism across the country. 'In recent years, our meetings have become smaller and smaller,' says Lord Mowbray, one of the league's leading lights. Its remaining funds have been donated to Tory coffers. 'On Monday, I presented Michael Howard and Liam Fox with a cheque for £70,000,' adds Lord Mowbray proudly."
:rolleyes:

Here's their oath:
"I declare on my honour and faith that I will devote my best ability to the maintenance of religion, of the estates of the realm, and of the imperial ascendancy of the British Empire; and that, consistently with my allegiance to the sovereign of these realms, I will promote with discretion and fidelity the above objects, being those of the Primrose League."

:facepalm:

Bg_TgWZIUAEv3Ka.jpg

Article aside, that was how Thatcher gained power. She appealed to the aspirational working class, 'Selsdon Man' IIRC.
thatcher may have pitched for working class tories, but they were not 'Selsdon men'. That was the disparaging term that the LP used to describe the nasty libertarian type capable of producing proto neo-liberal shit.

spotted in this weeks eye. The full name of the Telegraphs new food writer ends with Barclay because she is in fact the daughter of one of the brothers barclay who own the paper. Nepotism :hmm:

spotted in this weeks eye. The full name of the Telegraphs new food writer ends with Barclay because she is in fact the daughter of one of the brothers barclay who own the paper. Nepotism :hmm:

Grand-daughter. Her dad is Aidan Barclay, son of one of the sinister Barclay bros.
Still utter nepotism, though.

Isn't Aiden their propagandist is chief on Sark, slinging muck at any people actually living on the island who dares say the twins aren't upstanding citizens?

them pair of twats were told they weren't allowed to build a helipad on sark but they built one anyway and are passing it of as a raised dining area

I think I remember they own half the land on Sark for growing grapes for their apparently piss-poor wine.

It's slightly off-topic, but why the fuck don't the UK government close all the tax loopholes on British overseas territories, e.g. the Channel Islands, Gibraltar, the Caymans, the BVIs, etc? I fail to see anything the populous at large gain from these places.

I think I remember they own half the land on Sark for growing grapes for their apparently piss-poor wine.

It's slightly off-topic, but why the fuck don't the UK government close all the tax loopholes on British overseas territories, e.g. the Channel Islands, Gibraltar, the Caymans, the BVIs, etc? I fail to see anything the populous at large gain from these places.
Probably cause a lot of those cunts in the Government and their rich pals bung some of their wealth into those tax free oversea territories...

That makes sense, but I get more exasperated by the population at large not getting more animated about it. I appreciate that large parts of the newspaper industry - the Telegraph, Mail and News International stables to name the major players - use the loopholes and don't wish to draw too much attention to it, but you'd have thought that in our digital age people might become more independently educated. It costs vastly more to the economy than the stereotype of low-income benefits claimants portrayed by them.

That makes sense, but I get more exasperated by the population at large not getting more animated about it. I appreciate that large parts of the newspaper industry - the Telegraph, Mail and News International stables to name the major players - use the loopholes and don't wish to draw too much attention to it, but you'd have thought that in our digital age people might become more independently educated. It costs vastly more to the economy than the stereotype of low-income benefits claimants portrayed by them.

Unfortunately, too many people are convinced that animation pays no dividends. We all saw UK Uncut's fine work, but how quickly was that shooed out of the media agenda? Even with regard to people "educating" themselves, many don't feel intellectually secure in taking the word of "fringe" (because that's how they're seen) elements, and believe that if the story had legs, the mass media would be reporting it. :(

Do they actually have the power to do so?

I won't hold my breath for a government of any persuasion to do that, but do you have a reliable source for that, Butchers?

Reminds me of that clown Boris suggestin the london gang problem could be solved by teaching kids latin and greek.

Last edited:
Headbanger Hannan claims that the courts have a "left-wing bias". I kid you not.
Still, why does the judiciary lean Left? Half a century ago, the popular stereotype of a judge was of a stern disciplinarian committed to the absolute defence of property rights. What changed?

Part of the problem is surely the appointments system. Judges used to be chosen by the Lord Chancellor – a system which on paper seemed open to abuse and which, for that very reason, was in practice almost never abused. Successive Lord Chancellors, conscious of their responsibility, would carefully avoid any suspicion of partiality. Then, in 2005, Labour created a Judicial Appointments Commission, which was charged with promoting candidates on the basis, inter alia, of “the need to encourage diversity”. While diversity is certainly desirable (diversity in the fullest sense – of opinion and outlook as well as sex and race), the vagueness of the criterion opened the door to favouritism and partisanship.
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/danielhannan/100263531/heres-why-the-courts-tend-to-lean-left/

Yeah, those judges, they're all lefties. :facepalm:

One commenter says:
foederatus29 minutes ago
I wonder what it is like for the anti-white creatures who come here and try to act all morally superior and terribly up to date with their anti-racist killer-words only to be dumbfounded by a few obvious and simple questions asked by the "racists" and "xenophobes"?

I wonder if the time will ever come when they will ask themselves why they ever considered race-treachery to be moral and beneficial. If not, how will they continue to justify it to themselves when they can't offer a single positive for it ... not one good feature for our benighted people?

What? :confused:

"Statins 'have no side effects'" according to the lead headline today. I haven't read the article, but the sensationalist health headline adds further weight to their reputation as the Maily Telegraph.

Back
Top Bottom