Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

"The last Conservative government"

How many times will "The last Tory/Conservative government" be mentioned each year?

• Never

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fewer than 10

• 10-50

• Some other terms but repeated much more

• Total voters

Fez909

toilet expert
When the Tories won in 2010, I heard the phrase "the last Labour government" constantly, as I'm sure you all did. They blamed them for everything and used it as justification for all their horrible policies, as well as to get a dig in, of course.

I checked Hansard and "the last labour government" was recorded 1079 times in the Commons. I haven't checked to see if I was a Tory MP or someone else saying it. I imagine it was mostly Tories.

So that 77 times a year for their 14 years in office. Less than I thought, tbh, but I imagine most of the times I heard it were outside of Parliament, on the news, Question Time, etc.

Now we're on the first full working day of the new government and Rachel Reeves is laying the groundwork for the same in reverse. I don't blame them, I'd probably do it, but it's going to be very boring.

How many mentions do you think we're going to get?

Like all the classic baddies they live to fight another day. Be a while though - they have to have a war with ReFuk first over who gets the gammon vote. And I dont think the voters are going to forgive them in a hurry.

Back
Top Bottom