Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Kiss Your Arse Goodbye Thread

200.gif

That lad on the sofa has great reflexes. If society survives nuclear armaggedon, he should be England's next goalkeeper.

Well in the interests of hoping to survive and possibly fooling myself..I bought a wind up flashlight and a wind up radio. They're coming from China so I will probably get them after my silhouette has been burned onto the garden wall.

Oh..and 120 iodine tablets.
Yummy.

Will we still be able to post on Urban 75 during the nuclear winter? If so I’ll start a thread titled ‘Vladimir Putin’s time is up’ and we can continue the rucking on that thread.

Keir Starmer will be posting from some entropy-headed bunker on the need "to be realistic and keep an iron focus on market reforms" after apocalypse day, whilst Paul Mason will have been crowdfunded to look into promising developments in Trotskyite politics on the Galapagos Islands, from which groupuscule he'll abstract a whole new world theory that he'll have forgotten twenty eight days later.

so even after the world has ended the Starmer and Mason threads will I'm sure carry on

The good news is that we're still a fair bit away from any nuclear confrontation. The TV footage of Putin shifting ICBMs around on big lorries and bringing his strategic forces to "maximum alert" or whatever was by all accounts theatrical shite- nothing much has changed.

It's bollocks as far as I can see for now. And, in the event it reaches that level, there is not a single thing we can do about it, anyway.

I'm going to keep enjoying my life, as much as anyone can in 2022, without fear. Fuck it.

Keir Starmer will be posting from some entropy-headed bunker on the need "to be realistic and keep an iron focus on market reforms" after apocalypse day, whilst Paul Mason will have been crowdfunded to look into promising developments in Trotskyite politics on the Galapagos Islands, from which groupuscule he'll abstract a whole new world theory that he'll have forgotten twenty eight days later.

so even after the world has ended the Starmer and Mason threads will I'm sure carry on

The SNP will announce that, given Armageddon has just occurred, that they cannot promise supporters a referendum on Independence before 2023….

The good news is that we're still a fair bit away from any nuclear confrontation. The TV footage of Putin shifting ICBMs around on big lorries and bringing his strategic forces to "maximum alert" or whatever was by all accounts theatrical shite- nothing much has changed.

It's bollocks as far as I can see for now. And, in the event it reaches that level, there is not a single thing we can do about it, anyway.

I'm going to keep enjoying my life, as much as anyone can in 2022, without fear. Fuck it.

Well...I've made a big sponge cream and jam cake for St Patricks day so I don't want to miss that.
☘😃

Don't they make nuclear submarines in Barrow in Furness? Seems a bit weird to not have a bomb allocated for them.
I know nothing of military tactics (out of pacifist principle, you understand... :hmm: ), but would Dover make sense too, because of all the reasons Raab wasn't aware of?

If one is to be pragmatic and realistic enough, you might as well be vaporised instantaneously and painlessly by the nuclear fireball than succumb a few weeks later from acute radiation poisoning, or within 1-2 years of associated cancer, general malnourishment & untreated ailments/ infections, or murdered in the Mad Max style post apocalyptic society that will undoubtedly replace our current one.

Brighton and Hove is a nuclear free zone pity about the nuclear capable artillery sheds.
Allegedly Brighton Council sent a very shirty letter to the MoD demanding that the TA units had no access to nuclear weapons😂.
Somebody decided to equip the Royal.artillery unit with towed 155m howitzer and load a surprised TA officer on the NATO special weapons course😲😂

Brighton and Hove is a nuclear free zone pity about the nuclear capable artillery sheds.
Allegedly Brighton Council sent a very shirty letter to the MoD demanding that the TA units had no access to nuclear weapons😂.
Somebody decided to equip the Royal.artillery unit with towed 155m howitzer and load a surprised TA officer on the NATO special weapons course😲😂
Pays to be vigilant. You never know what Lewes might do

The Daily Star had a useful map

FMrr7ZkXsAAFnXE
I don't think that cluster of towns on the South East coast would fare very well even if out of range of the nukes' direct effects... And in any case, I have seen contingency maps that suggest that Dover would most likely get its own nuke.

A crossbow sounds like a good idea.

Crossbows make my back hurt. I'm fond of recurve bows and a type of slingshot called a "wrist rocket." Wrist rockets are interesting because you can get all the killing power of a gun if you use 50 mm shot. Doesn't have quite the range, but it has a stealth factor because it doesn't make any noise. You can also get them for under $20. All of these options require regular practice to be proficient of course.

Something like this:

There's a few other options such as atl-atl, thrown knives and axes, as well as the traditional sling. The atl-atl is the only one I'd consider from that list, and only if I needed to hunt larger game. Atl-Atls are good for a SHTF because they are easily made from local materials. "Stick-bows" take a bit more time and effort, but can also be made from locally available material too.

Last edited:
If one is to be pragmatic and realistic enough, you might as well be vaporised instantaneously and painlessly by the nuclear fireball than succumb a few weeks later from acute radiation poisoning, or within 1-2 years of associated cancer, general malnourishment & untreated ailments/ infections, or murdered in the Mad Max style post apocalyptic society that will undoubtedly replace our current one.

There was a guy who survived both bombs dropped on Japan and lived to an old age:

I've always considered myself a bit unlucky, but I got nothing on this guy.

Its
I don't think that cluster of towns on the South East coast would fare very well even if out of range of the nukes' direct effects... And in any case, I have seen contingency maps that suggest that Dover would most likely get its own nuke.
Its the Daily Star

Plus the 'house hunting' aspect complete with average properly prices.

I'm certainly not convinced that Barrow-in-Furness would escape unscathed. (BAE Systems Submarines)
Given the prevailing wind is westerly, and Walney Island is supposed to be really windy, maybe that is the perfect spot. Barrow could be nuked to oblivion but those living on the island would be none the wiser.

Back
Top Bottom