Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Kiss Your Arse Goodbye Thread

So Ukraine gets its way with the No Fly Zone. Russian and NATO forces clash. We're all shitting ourselves as to what will happen next...

What would you do in the shadow of the nuclear holocaust other than think about how unlikely this was (1962 excepted) in the good old days of Cold War stability?
Bicker on here clearly.

I’m liking that this is a side thread to discuss behaviours on another thread. :D
It's OK, I've got us back on topic.

So Ukraine gets its way with the No Fly Zone. Russian and NATO forces clash. We're all shitting ourselves as to what will happen next...

What would you do in the shadow of the nuclear holocaust other than think about how unlikely this was (1962 excepted) in the good old days of Cold War stability?

at least when the birds start flying you can stand in your garden going " it all NATO fault"

Russia warns it would consider long-range attack on Crimea to be 'the full involvement' of US and UK in war​

Russia’s defence minister has threatened “immediate strikes on decision-making centres” in Ukraine if western-supplied long-range weapons are used to strike at Crimea. Russia illegally seized the peninsula from Ukraine in 2014.

The ministry of defence statement from Sergei Shoigu says an attack on Crimea with Himars and Storm Shadow missiles would constitute an attack “outside the zone of the special military operation” and would mean “the full involvement of the United States and Great Britain in the conflict”.

In the statement, Shoigu said:

According to our information, the leadership of the armed forces of Ukraine plans to strike at the territory of the Russian Federation, including Crimea, with Himars and Storm Shadow missiles.
The use of these missiles outside the zone of the special military operation will mean the full involvement of the United States and Great Britain in the conflict and will entail immediate strikes on decision-making centres on the territory of Ukraine.
Shoigu also claimed that Russia has repulsed over 200 attacks from Ukraine in recent weeks. He said:

Since 4 June, the armed forces of Ukraine have launched 263 attacks on the positions of Russian troops. Thanks to the competent and selfless actions of our units, all of them were repulsed, the enemy did not achieve his goals.

Ukraine claims to have retaken at least eight settlements during that period of time, and advanced the front in Zaporizhzhia region by several kilometres.

Meanwhile...

Biden warns risk of Putin using tactical nuclear weapons is 'real'​

US president Joe Biden says the threat of Russian president Vladimir Putin using tactical nuclear weapons is “real”, days after denouncing Russia’s deployment of such weapons in Belarus. Reuters reports:

On Saturday, Biden called Putin’s announcement that Russia had deployed its first tactical nuclear weapons to Belarus “absolutely irresponsible”.
“When I was out here about two years ago saying I worried about the Colorado river drying up, everybody looked at me like I was crazy,” Biden told a group of donors in California on Monday.
“They looked at me like when I said I worry about Putin using tactical nuclear weapons. It’s real,” Biden said.
Last week, Belarusian president Alexander Lukashenko said his country had started taking delivery of Russian tactical nuclear weapons, some of which he said were three times more powerful than the atomic bombs the US dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945.

The deployment is Russia’s first move of such warheads – shorter-range, less powerful nuclear weapons that could be used on the battlefield – outside Russia since the fall of the Soviet Union.

‘War! hurgh! What is it good for?

Liberating countries following unlawful invasion by kleptocratic regimes with few human rights led by a dictator for one thing’

Doesn’t scan so well.
Apparently due to the medical advances made during the major conflicts of the last century there are more people alive than if it hadn't happened.

Meanwhile...

Biden warns risk of Putin using tactical nuclear weapons is 'real'​

US president Joe Biden says the threat of Russian president Vladimir Putin using tactical nuclear weapons is “real”, days after denouncing Russia’s deployment of such weapons in Belarus. Reuters reports:

Last week, Belarusian president Alexander Lukashenko said his country had started taking delivery of Russian tactical nuclear weapons, some of which he said were three times more powerful than the atomic bombs the US dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945.

The deployment is Russia’s first move of such warheads – shorter-range, less powerful nuclear weapons that could be used on the battlefield – outside Russia since the fall of the Soviet Union.
Doesn't this run contrary to what some of the posters on here think?

Russian nuclear weapons don't work anyway, so some of them assure us. Not sure which of them it is who have had access to Russian nuclear facilities and studied in that field at the required level, however.

It's contrary to lots of knowledgeable opinions, plenty of other people (politicians and think-tanks) says they think nuclear weapon usage won't happen, both arguments are reasonably convincing though so fuck knows.

Russian nuclear weapons don't work anyway, so some of them assure us. Not sure which of them it is who have had access to Russian nuclear facilities and studied in that field at the required level, however.

are Russia threating to nuke us all again

so nothing changed from yesterday

thanks for the heads up

are Russia threating to nuke us all again

so nothing changed from yesterday

thanks for the heads up
No, seems Biden is hinting there's a possibility that they might though. Meanwhile, the Russians haven't specified what they might do if Crimea is struck, only that they'll strike back.

It's known as escalation, I suppose.

I was talking about posters on here tbh

I meant we're all just repeating articles we've read and which seem the most convincing though, none most of us have no first hand knowledge.

RD2003 endlessly cut and pasting any articles of Russia warning of escalation over the last 15 or so months is another way of going about it.

Last edited:
I meant we're all just repeating articles we've read and which seem the most convincing though, none of us have any first hand knowledge.

RD2003 endlessly cut and pasting any articles of Russia warning of escalation over the last 15 or so months is another way of going about it.

Entering sensitive territory here pal.

Isn't this to do with the innate characteristic of the Russians , aside from lying, to produce shoddy goods?

All this is actually quite interesting. I always knew growing up that I'd get vapourised if we were nuked, living in a grade A target. I assume that cities would be toast so I'd be gone instantly if it happened today. :)

Best to watch those videos with headphones and the volume up - nice sound effects.

On Sky News now, discussing Prigozhins return to Russia, they’re showing the contents of his cupboards - gold bars and lots of wigs. And there are several from golden blonde through to brunette. How very strange. It’s odd to think of him in front of the mirror thinking ‘Who shall I be today?’

How can such scary people be so ludicrous? I mean I know that’s often the way, but isn't it curious how those who instil fear are so often the kind of person who draw mocking laughter as soon as the little man behind the curtain is revealed. It’s just one of those weird things about life.

Will he kill us all, or will we all fall about laughing before he manages?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ax^
Probably belongs in the main thread, but seeing as I can't put it there...

In its latest update on the situation at the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant (ZNPP), the International Atomic Energy Agency writes:

IAEA experts have received additional access at the site of Ukraine’s ZNPP without – so far – observing any visible indications of mines or explosives.
The IAEA experts were yesterday also able to check a wider section of the perimeter of the ZNPP’s large cooling pond than previously.
As part of this, they visited the isolation gate separating the cooling pond from what remains of the Kakhovka reservoir after the destruction of the downstream dam a month ago. The gate has been reinforced with counterweights and sand and there appeared to be no leakage of water from the pond. The experts also went to the gate separating the discharge channel of the nearby Zaporizhzhya Thermal Power Plant (ZTPP) from the reservoir. Both this channel and the pond hold crucial reserves of water for the ZNPP’s cooling needs.
“Following our requests, our experts have gained some additional access at the site. So far, they have not seen any mines or explosives. But they still need more access, including to the rooftops of reactor units 3 and 4 and parts of the turbine halls. I remain hopeful that this access will be granted soon. I will continue to report about developments in this regard,” director general Rafael Mariano Grossi said.
The IAEA is aware of reports that mines and other explosives have been placed in and around the ZNPP.

Back
Top Bottom