Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Kiss Your Arse Goodbye Thread

Because you keep mentioning them, but seem a bit frightened to name them.

Why are you so frightened?
Some posters might be happy to let threads descend into the 'such-a-poster is clearly a rotter' derail, but not me. And the amusing thing is that it's those who start the game who then go running to teacher to come and sort it out.

What you're trying to do now is an indirect version of the same.

Because you keep mentioning them, but seem a bit frightened to name them.

Why are you so frightened?
You're not going to get a straight answer there so how about someone who has posted most enthusiastically in this war forum? Maybe someone who has made well over half their total posts here could be considered a bit of a war enthusiast. Or someone who didn't post on urban very prolifically before the build-up to the war, but then started posting enthusiastically and almost exclusively in this forum.

You're not going to get a straight answer there so how about someone who has posted most enthusiastically in this war forum? Maybe someone who has made well over half their total posts here could be considered a bit of a war enthusiast. Or someone who didn't post on urban very prolifically before the build-up to the war, but then started posting enthusiastically and almost exclusively in this forum.
And so the derail is underway.

Sorry for not being prolific enough for your approval, and apologies for thinking that an event like a major, wholly avoidable, war in Europe, may be worth more comment than topics like 'Boris Johnson is a cunt, or 'What have you had for Tea?' etc.

Some posters might be happy to let threads descend into the 'such-a-poster is clearly a rotter' derail, but not me. And the amusing thing is that it's those who start the game who then go running to teacher to come and sort it out.

What you're trying to do now is an indirect version of the same.
If you repeatedly mention war enthusiasts without any evidence, surely it's reasonable to question who they are?

Your previous incarcerations veered towards rotterdom, but we've all made mistakes in the past.

With that in mind, and giving you the benefits of the doubt, simple question -

Who are the war enthusiasts here?

If you repeatedly mention war enthusiasts without any evidence, surely it's reasonable to question who they are?

Your previous incarcerations veered towards rotterdom, but we've all made mistakes in the past.

With that in mind, and giving you the benefits of the doubt, simple question -

Who are the war enthusiasts here?
I'm naming nobody, because, as you imply, I'm 'firightened' that they might hit back by saying something derogatory about me. And then how am I going to sleep at nights?

Anyway, stop being such a weasel, and end the derail now.

Last edited:
I'm naming nobody, because, as you imply, I'm 'firightened' that they might hit back by saying something derogatory about me. And then how am I going to sleep at nights?

Anyway, stop being such a weasel, and end the derail now.
Well, that is surely disappointing.

We can therefore conclude that there are, in fact, no war enthusiasts and its rather dishonest of you to claim otherwise.

Yes, you heard it right.

Dishonest.

And so the derail is underway.

Sorry for not being prolific enough for your approval, and apologies for thinking that an event like a major, wholly avoidable, war in Europe, may be worth more comment than topics like 'Boris Johnson is a cunt, or 'What have you had for Tea?' etc.
wholly avoidable yet also inevitable. Good stuff.

saying that what are we all going to do after the war with Ukraine is finally over
have a collective giggle when Putin fly's out of locked hospital window

saying that what are we all going to do after the war with Ukraine is finally over
have a collective giggle when Putin fly's out of locked hospital window
True. There is, after all, a long history of Russian presidents falling from hospital windows.

under Putin in the last few year getting thrown out of locked windows has become surprisingly more common
Perhaps, but relative nobodies, so I still don't see why anybody should think that it's also Putin's destiny.

Well there's your answer then; if you know with such certainty, what are you going on about it for?

Well there's your answer then; if you know with such certainty, what are you going on about it for?

Because would like to hear from the other guy who says that there are Ukraine war enthusiasts.

Would like to know what he means by that and who they are.

What's it to you?

There are quite a few war enthusiasts on here. They love it. Can't get enough of the guns and the tanks and the bombs. Feverishly rubbing their thighs while they get priapic about missiles; poring over twitter so they can be first on the war thread; musing endlessly about tactics and the Art of War; rallying their troops if any dissenting voices pipe up.

If they're in the war business or have been in the past, they can't help it; it's their job and the info they offer can be enlightening and informative. Otherwise it's just games.

There you go, I've said it too and no, I'm not going to name names; I don't need to. As I said though, it doesn't matter what I say, you already know for certain that there are no war enthusiasts.

I would call posters who patrol war threads for any hint of someone diverting from the line a 'war enthusiast'. Also not naming names not because I don't want to start a fight but because no one has a right to demand I do. And because it's fucking obvious.

There are quite a few war enthusiasts on here. They love it. Can't get enough of the guns and the tanks and the bombs. Feverishly rubbing their thighs while they get priapic about missiles; poring over twitter so they can be first on the war thread; musing endlessly about tactics and the Art of War; rallying their troops if any dissenting voices pipe up.

If they're in the war business or have been in the past, they can't help it; it's their job and the info they offer can be enlightening and informative. Otherwise it's just games.

There you go, I've said it too and no, I'm not going to name names; I don't need to. As I said though, it doesn't matter what I say, you already know for certain that there are no war enthusiasts.

Ah, you mean some posters are knowledgeable about weapons and tactics.

Thanks for explaining.

Not into that scene, personally.

Tbf, that's a bit different from being enthusiastic about the war.

Ah, you mean some posters are knowledgeable about weapons and tactics.
:D:D Read the post again, slowly if you need to.

As I said on the Poland thread:

Bit of google, stick your finger in the air, wiki if you want to go deep, YT for real research, then bob's your mother's brother; you're an urban expert. Covid, Ukraine, Phil & Holly; we've got experts for everything.

:D:D Read the post again, slowly if you need to.

As I said on the Poland thread:

Bit of google, stick your finger in the air, wiki if you want to go deep, YT for real research, then bob's your mother's brother; you're an urban expert. Covid, Ukraine, Phil & Holly; we've got experts for everything.
Am fairly sure urban has a certain amount of experts on certain subjects!

Am imagining that there would be some posters knowledge and/or experience than you might favour over others, regardless of whether you agree or not on other things.

"If they're in the war business or have been in the past, they can't help it; it's their job and the info they offer can be enlightening and informative."
Was not aware of actual arms trade/industry posters, rather just those who did army stuff.

Well, well.

Thought that the "war enthusiasts" slur was aimed at those who believe a country should defend itself.

Being in the forces is war business.

Anyway we're kissing our arses goodbye on this thread; you want to start a fight or have a bit of warchat, piss off to the war thread, they love it up 'em :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom