Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Kiss Your Arse Goodbye Thread

There's a limit to how many times you can answer the same question, not to mention a limit to the number of times you can carry on asking it across multiple threads.

What do you imagine you're gaining or achieving?

That's meta ironic. You could be asking yourself that question.

World ‘one miscalculation away from nuclear annihilation’, UN chief says​

The United Nations’ secretary general, António Guterres, has warned that a misunderstanding could spark nuclear destruction, as the United States, Britain and France urged Russia to stop “its dangerous nuclear rhetoric and behaviour”.

At the opening of a key nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) conference in New York, Guterres warned that the world faced “a nuclear danger not seen since the height of the cold war”.

Citing Russia’s war with Ukraine and tensions on the Korean peninsula and in the Middle East, Guterres said he feared that crises “with nuclear undertones” could escalate.

“Today, humanity is just one misunderstanding, one miscalculation away from nuclear annihilation,” Guterres told the 10th review conference of the NPT, an international treaty that came into force in 1970 to prevent the spread of nuclear weapons.

“We have been extraordinarily lucky so far. But luck is not a strategy. Nor is it a shield from geopolitical tensions boiling over into nuclear conflict,” he added, calling on nations to “put humanity on a new path towards a world free of nuclear weapons”.

World ‘one miscalculation away from nuclear annihilation’, UN chief says

Russia accuses US of direct involvement in Ukraine war over intelligence​

Russia has accused the United States of direct involvement in the Ukraine war after claims the US was sharing targeting intelligence with Ukrainian forces.

Russia said it was responding to comments by Vadym Skibitsky, Ukraine’s deputy head of military intelligence, about the way Kyiv used US-supplied long-range Himars rocket launch systems based on what he called excellent satellite imagery and real-time information.

Skibitsky had said in an interview with a British newspaper that there was consultation between US and Ukrainian intelligence officials before strikes, and that Washington had an effective veto on intended targets, though he said US officials were not providing direct targeting information.

Russia’s defence ministry said the interview showed that Washington was directly involved despite repeated assertions that it was limiting its role in the conflict to arms supplies because it did not want a direct confrontation with Moscow.

“All this undeniably proves that Washington, contrary to White House and Pentagon claims, is directly involved in the conflict in Ukraine,” the Russian defence ministry said in a statement.

“It is the Biden administration that is directly responsible for all Kyiv-approved rocket attacks on residential areas and civilian infrastructure in populated areas of Donbas and other regions, which have resulted in mass deaths of civilians,” the defence ministry said.

Reuters reports there was no immediate reaction to the defence ministry’s allegations from the White House or Pentagon.

Russia’s foreign ministry spokesperson, Maria Zakharova, is additonally quoted by the RIA Novosti news agency as saying “No other confirmation of the direct involvement of the United States in the hostilities on the territory of Ukraine is required. The supply of weapons is accompanied not only by instructions on its use, but in this case they perform the function of gunners in their purest form.”

Mykola Tochytskyi, deputy minister of foreign affairs, has repeated Ukraine’s request for the skies over nuclear installations to be closed to prevent a potential accident and their mis-use. He posted to Twitter saying:

The Russian leadership openly threatens the world with its ability to use nuclear weapons, backed by the clear calls to do so by the Russian state media.
For the first time in history, civil nuclear facilities have been turned into military targets and springboards for the Russian army in breach of the non-proliferation provisions on peaceful use of nuclear energy.
The world witnesses how nuclear terrorism, sponsored by the nuclear-weapon state, is arising in reality.
The robust joint actions are needed to prevent nuclear disaster at global scale. We ask to close the sky over the nuclear power plants in Ukraine. To provide air defence systems.
Global community need to prove by deeds that aggressor cannot remain utterly safe and unpunished because it possesses nuclear arms.

Russia accuses US of direct involvement in Ukraine war over intelligence​

Russia has accused the United States of direct involvement in the Ukraine war after claims the US was sharing targeting intelligence with Ukrainian forces.

Russia said it was responding to comments by Vadym Skibitsky, Ukraine’s deputy head of military intelligence, about the way Kyiv used US-supplied long-range Himars rocket launch systems based on what he called excellent satellite imagery and real-time information.

Skibitsky had said in an interview with a British newspaper that there was consultation between US and Ukrainian intelligence officials before strikes, and that Washington had an effective veto on intended targets, though he said US officials were not providing direct targeting information.

Russia’s defence ministry said the interview showed that Washington was directly involved despite repeated assertions that it was limiting its role in the conflict to arms supplies because it did not want a direct confrontation with Moscow.

“All this undeniably proves that Washington, contrary to White House and Pentagon claims, is directly involved in the conflict in Ukraine,” the Russian defence ministry said in a statement.

“It is the Biden administration that is directly responsible for all Kyiv-approved rocket attacks on residential areas and civilian infrastructure in populated areas of Donbas and other regions, which have resulted in mass deaths of civilians,” the defence ministry said.

Reuters reports there was no immediate reaction to the defence ministry’s allegations from the White House or Pentagon.

Russia’s foreign ministry spokesperson, Maria Zakharova, is additonally quoted by the RIA Novosti news agency as saying “No other confirmation of the direct involvement of the United States in the hostilities on the territory of Ukraine is required. The supply of weapons is accompanied not only by instructions on its use, but in this case they perform the function of gunners in their purest form.”
Of course they’re supplying intelligence, and have done since before the war when the build up of the invasion force was first identified. There’s spy planes up over the Black Sea constantly. Not news and not some dangerous escalation or immoral act. The fact Russia is pissing and moaning about it now is because the long-range strikes are causing significant disruption to their murdering. They can always go home if it’s too much like hard work carrying on.

Of course they’re supplying intelligence, and have done since before the war when the build up of the invasion force was first identified. There’s spy planes up over the Black Sea constantly. Not news and not some dangerous escalation or immoral act. The fact Russia is pissing and moaning about it now is because the long-range strikes are causing significant disruption to their murdering. They can always go home if it’s too much like hard work carrying on.
Maybe, but I just posted up the quote/link for information. I didn't write the article.

Belarusian planes ready to carry nuclear weapons, says President Lukashenko​

The Belarusian president, Alexander Lukashenko, has said his country’s SU-24 warplanes have been re-fitted to carry nuclear armaments.

According to the Belarusian state-owned news agency Belta, Lukashenko said he had previously agreed the move with his Russian counterpart, Vladimir Putin.

Belarus is ready to respond to “serious provocation” from the west instantly, Lukashenko warned.

He said:

If god forbid some serious provocation against Belarus happens, our targets have been locked in. Decision-making centers. We know them.
Relations with Belarus “must not be aggravated because it also means aggravating relations with the Union State of Belarus and Russia that has nuclear weapons”, he said.

He added:

If they start making problems, Belarus may be worse off but the answer will be instantaneous.
Belarus does not have its own nuclear weapons but is an ally of Russia and has allowed its territory to be used for Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

Hello everyone. It’s Léonie Chao-Fong here again to bring you all the latest developments on the Russia-Ukraine war. Feel free to drop me a message if you have anything to flag, you can reach me on Twitter or via email.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/l...080ba02dce795d#block-630898968f080ba02dce795d

Ukraine's top general warns of Russian nuclear strike risk​

Ukraine’s top military chief has warned of the threat of Russia using nuclear weapons in Ukraine, which would create the risk of a “limited” nuclear conflict with other powers, according to an opinion piece attributed in his name in Ukraine’s state news agency Ukrinform.

Ukraine’s commander-in-chief of the armed forces, general Valeriy Zaluzhnyi, gave a detailed assessment of the war to date in rare public comments published on Wednesday.

Zaluzhnyi said the “direct threat” of Russia’s possible use of tactical nuclear weapons has had a major influence on the adoption of relevant decisions.

Another factor is the direct threat of the use by Russia, under certain circumstances, of tactical nuclear weapons.
Battles on the territory of Ukraine have already demonstrated how much the Russian Federation neglects the issues of global nuclear security even in a conventional war.
… It is hard to imagine that even nuclear strikes will allow Russia to break Ukraine’s will to resist. But the threat that will emerge for the whole of Europe cannot be ignored. The possibility of direct involvement of the world’s leading powers in a ‘limited’ nuclear conflict, bringing closer the prospect of World War 3, cannot be completely ruled out either.”
“Any Russian attempts at practical steps in the use of tactical nuclear weapons must be pre-empted by employing the entire arsenal of means at the disposal of world powers,” he added. “After all, starting from this moment, the Russian Federation will become not only a threat to the peaceful coexistence of Ukraine, its neighbours, and a number of European countries but also a truly global-scale terrorist state.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/l...08d2b5fa6d9f2b#block-63197c768f08d2b5fa6d9f2b

smaller variable yield nuke for battle field situation

look up fall out and the fat man

was based on the Jimmy cricket bomb the yanks were exploring in WW2

smaller variable yield nuke for battle field situation

look up fall out and the fat man

was based on the Jimmy cricket bomb the yanks were exploring in WW2

That was the Davy Crockett, which was a product of the Cold War rather than WWII, and it was absolutely bugfuck insane.

e242o0gqw1651.jpg

The recoilless rifle it was launched from only had barely enough range to punt the warhead a safe distance away, and it proved to be too inaccurate anyway, even with a low explosive yield (relatively speaking!) of only 20 tons TNT equivalent.

Belarusian planes ready to carry nuclear weapons, says President Lukashenko​

The Belarusian president, Alexander Lukashenko, has said his country’s SU-24 warplanes have been re-fitted to carry nuclear armaments.

According to the Belarusian state-owned news agency Belta, Lukashenko said he had previously agreed the move with his Russian counterpart, Vladimir Putin.

Belarus is ready to respond to “serious provocation” from the west instantly, Lukashenko warned.

He said:

Relations with Belarus “must not be aggravated because it also means aggravating relations with the Union State of Belarus and Russia that has nuclear weapons”, he said.

He added:

Belarus does not have its own nuclear weapons but is an ally of Russia and has allowed its territory to be used for Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

Hello everyone. It’s Léonie Chao-Fong here again to bring you all the latest developments on the Russia-Ukraine war. Feel free to drop me a message if you have anything to flag, you can reach me on Twitter or via email.

Russia-Ukraine war: EU to hold urgent talks over Russian ‘energy war’; Ukraine announces mandatory evacuations – as it happened

It's rhetorical flatulence. SU-24s aren't really suitable for 'nuclear capable' operations and Belarus gave away most of it's nuclear potential years ago to Russia.

They do have "Flanker" aircraft much more suited to nuclear adaptation but these are not mentioned. It's also possilble that Iskanders with nuclear capability are on Belarusian soil but certainly not under the control of the senile old buffoon.

TL;DR- Belarus' armed forces are stuffed with outdated equipment, and have little purpose beyond protecting the regime internally. Strike capability towards Ukraine or any other state is close to non-existant. Nuclear bluster is just that- bluster.

Since Belarus gave up it's long held neutrality clause and facilitated Russian aggression in Ukraine diplomats abroad increasingly see little point in engaging with the regime in Minsk. That their big diplomatic guest in the last month was Ponzi scheme crook and "President" of the so-called Donetsk People's Republic, Penis Dushilin, who has since fled to Rostov, tells you all you need to know.

Unless you have the sad fate of living in Belarus presently, Lukashenko's piffle is of no importance.

Russia: US supplying Kyiv with longer-range missiles would cross a 'red line'​

Maria Zakharova, a spokeswoman for Russia’s foreign ministry, said Thursday that if the US decides to supply Kyiv with longer-range missiles, that would cross a “red line” and the US would then become “a party to the conflict”, Reuters is reporting.

Ukraine is already using US-made high mobility artillery rocket systems – just not US-made longer-range missiles.

Maria Zakharova added that Russia “reserves the right to defend its territory”.

Crossing a red line in a way that's different to all the other don't cross this red lines they've threatened? Tbh short of starting a global nuclear war there's nothing they can do, and they're not going to do that, and might not even be able to do that given what state their military seems to be in.

Anyway, another cut and paste, from where, The Guardian again?

Crossing a red line in a way that's different to all the other don't cross this red lines they've threatened? Tbh short of starting a global nuclear war there's nothing they can do, and they're not going to do that, and might not even be able to do that given what state their military seems to be in.

Anyway, another cut and paste, from where, The Guardian again?
I admire the confidence of armchair experts, know-nothings and nobodies throughout this war, that this thing has no chance of escalating disastrously. In particular, their certainty when it comes to the state of the Russian nuclear arsenal. Surely some of them must have infiltrated the weapons sites themselves? And all in time to get back for tea and their Twitter activism.

Yes, it's from the Guardian. I don't think they're making the quote up.

Russia shake sabers whilst retreating

we are not a paper tiger please like us china
The Ukrainian government seems not to think a complete retreat is a given.

Governor: Russians are 'digging in' in Luhansk oblast​

The Russian-occupied Luhansk oblast unfortunately should not expect a swift liberation as seen in the Kharkiv oblast, Serhiy Haidai, governor of the Luhansk oblast, said Thursday.

“They are preparing to defend themselves: the Russians are digging in at Svatovo and Troitske,” Haidai wrote on Telegram, referencing two settlements in his oblast. “Heavy fighting continues in many directions, including in Luhansk region. The Kharkiv ‘instant’ scenario will not be repeated.”

Haidai said Russian troops are now gathering men in prisons.

“We will have to fight hard for our region,” Haidai said. “The Russians are preparing for defence.”

I admire the confidence of armchair experts, know-nothings and nobodies throughout this war, that this thing has no chance of escalating disastrously. In particular, their certainty when it comes to the state of the Russian nuclear arsenal. Surely some of them must have infiltrated the weapons sites themselves? And all in time to get back for tea and their Twitter activism.

Yes, it's from the Guardian. I don't think they're making the quote up.

You really come across as such an arrogant and unpleasant dick you know? I do hope you're not such a nasty old cunt in real life or you must be quite lonely.

Anyway the question where it was from is because you constantly repost stuff, at the very least saying where it's from is useful.

You really come across as such an arrogant and unpleasant dick you know? I do hope you're not such a nasty old cunt in real life or you must be quite lonely.
Some people like to think of themselves as speaking truth to power. I think of myself as speaking truth to twats. Often fairly pleasant, well-meaning twats, but twats nonetheless.

Some of them seem to like it.

of course you did start out as Ukraine was fucked months ago

now you saying Russia is going to nuke then

whilst they are blowing up dams to completely fuck up info structure

they stopped caring about their pro Russia Ukrainian friends

have some grace ffs

of course you did start out as Ukraine was fucked months ago

now you saying Russia is going to nuke then

whilst they are blowing up dams to completely fuck up info structure

they stopped caring about their pro Russia Ukrainian friends

have some grace ffs
I don't recall saying Ukraine was fucked, whatever that means.

I'm not saying Russia is going to nuke them (again whatever that means in concrete terms), either, although I do think it's foolish to rule out a tactical nuclear weapon depending on how things develope.

As for the rest, it isn't me that's bombing anybody.

Maybe you should have some grace and post something halfway coherent.

look if i'd spend the early part of the special operation saying Ukraine would fight back

and it was almost over in Kiev i said i'd picked the wrong side

jesus if Russia is now just threating to throw nukes at Ukraine

that kinda funny to me as i was watching threads not a few months

ago with a little tangible felling of agitation

President Biden warns Putin not to use chemical or tactical weapons​

Joe Biden has warned Vladimir Putin not to use chemical or tactical nuclear weapons in the war with Ukraine.

The US president was asked in an interview with CBS News what he would say to Putin if he was considering using the weapons.

Biden said:

Don’t. Don’t. Don’t. You will change the face of war unlike anything since World War II.
The US president refused to elaborate on what the US would do if Putin did take things that far.

He added:

They’ll become more of a pariah in the world than they ever have been. And depending on the extent of what they do will determine what response would occur.

Maybe you should include sources for your endless cut and pastes here. Failure to do so will see the posts removed.
In the latest instance, there is a little blue CBS news thing, which not only makes it clear where the item is from but,if you click on it takes you to the article/clip.

This usually happens when you cut-and-paste from the Guardian and elsewhere, but occasionally it doesn't. I don't know why. I'm the victim in all this; a lost soul in a turbulent sea of limitless, unfathomable technology.

In the latest instance, there is a little blue CBS news thing, which not only makes it clear where the item is from but,if you click on it takes you to the article/clip.

This usually happens when you cut-and-paste from the Guardian and elsewhere, but occasionally it doesn't. I don't know why. I'm the victim in all this; a lost soul in a turbulent sea of limitless, unfathomable technology.
You just add the link to the bottom of the article like everyone else does. I'm fed up seeing your unattributed cut and paste jobs.

Back
Top Bottom