Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The gardening thread

Resorting to hand pollinating the tomatillo plants because a few of them are absolutely huge but not much fruit so far. Don't really see any in the greenhouse (it's always open anyway so not like nothing gets in)

Think the plants are a bit confusing for the bees though there are a couple starting to fruit in the ones outside the greenhouse

All my efforts in the big garden have come to an end with the untimely end of a relationship. I know I will miss that garden but hey.
I’m at my old place with my cat, son and hedgehogs. The garden is a mess. The house was is a mess. I’m cleaning with ammonia and it’s all ok.
Sorry to hear that topcat. You put a lot of effort into that garden. Still, we can watch your progress on this one now. Put the amonia down when the weather picks up and get ya motorbike out, always lifts my spirits a bimble on two wheels.

Sorry to hear that topcat. You put a lot of effort into that garden. Still, we can watch your progress on this one now. Put the amonia down when the weather picks up and get ya motorbike out, always lifts my spirits a bimble on two wheels.
I have a week off and my bike is here. It will be great to get it going and go visiting.
I will do a pic of the garden tomorrow just to have a before and after.

Well here is the next project. It looks like I will be staying here long term.

I’m thinking clear junk. Then randomly drag a lawn mower backwards over it?

I have limited tools at present. BB42FF71-8FA3-45EF-AF62-D4521294F017.jpeg

You worked incredibly hard on "the other garden" - to good effect. Hope you can recover this one. Best wishes.
I’m looking at it positively. The garden needed a lot of work. It was good for me mentally and physically and emotionally to do the work.

This garden, well it’s sad to see it so overgrown given I left here a year ago leaving it immaculate with a tended vegetable garden. My son has mental health issues and recently had covid so the place was/is in a state. I am letting out my angst with supportive cleaning.

I will get my tools later this week so can make a good go of it.

Feeling sad but hey. It would have, if successful, been a triumph of hope over experience but it’s good to retain hope and dreams of love.

One of the wilowherbs - epilobium hirsutum, heinous seamus . A bit weedy but I kinda like them. You might want to be vigilant with topping them before they run to seed thoughand they are a but thuggish. Sometimes called codlins and cream.
O TopCat - sympathies. Racing right ahead to positives, this is the best time to renovate a garden. No pressure to do much except the nice bits - planning, seed sowing, general faffing around for next year. My garden is also running amok and I have no excuse whatsoever...but a good reason to look forward to the next gardening season...which will, as always, be much better than this year. Gardeners rule of thumb, innit.
Cutting the grass is brilliant. (I get my strimmer out too). If you squint, it all looks uniformly velvety green and you get that comforting illusion of being in control. Also good for a broken heart.
Spring bulbs are on sale. Have a look at the cheapest place on the planet (not Parkers!) - Gedneys Bulb Co. Where else can 100 tulips be bought for £7? And 500 narcissus for a measly £25. Deferred, but 100% reliable pleasure.
Anyway, hugs (or at least a firm handshake) to you

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom