Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The gardening thread

when I needed to pump out my wastewater pipe I got an attachment that turned a (cordless) drill into a pump, only cost a few quid and worked really well once I got it going.

very glad normal service has resumed weatherwise here, everything's enjoying it. lilacs are bursting and apart from the top where the sparrows strip it over and over the (big) apple tree is festooned in blossom.

and looklooklook! a welsh orange :eek::D it was properly ripe and tasty and everything :cool:

IMG_0361.jpgIMG_0356.jpg

I used a little bit to much fertilizer - double the amount on one occasion on my plants outside. Does this matter? Do I need to do anything? Such a noob question.

Nice and sunny day. Going to buy a couple of little carp fish. Might get some shrubs too. Plants to plant near a pond suggestions please?

I ignored advice and got a jar of water and sludge from a local park pond. Lobbed it in. Plan to leave it a week and review.

I got some proper catnip plants a while back and they have been doing great, potted up into rose pots and stuck on high window ledges. Our tom cat “Lupin” has noticed the smell on the wind now but can’t discover the source. I gave him a bit and he went loopy now following me about mewing constantly.

Shed roof pretty much finished, right before it starting pissing it down :thumbs: Couple bits left to do but shouldn't have any rain getting in now.
IMG-20210502-172250.jpg

IMG-20210502-172320.jpg

Nice and sunny day. Going to buy a couple of little carp fish. Might get some shrubs too. Plants to plant near a pond suggestions please?
There was a section on Gardner's world about ponds. They suggested not putting fish in so you attract slug eating frogs. Fish will decimate the spawn and larvae of dragonfly etc. I was thinking of doing one but I rent :(.

There was a section on Gardner's world about ponds. They suggested not putting fish in so you attract slug eating frogs. Fish will decimate the spawn and larvae of dragonfly etc. I was thinking of doing one but I rent :(.
I worry about mosquito lava?

Currently re planting this bit. It was full of Spanish bluebells. Stuck a rhodendron in, some snakehead fritillary and other bits I had in pots.
Trying to find places for things currently in pots as I'm sick of battling weevils.
IMG_20210502_182115.jpg

I've been separating loads of mine and spreading them round. Went round a display type garden year before last and they had geraniums and mexican fleabane covering large amounts of it so I decided you can't have too many geraniums :) great ground cover too :thumbs:

Yep I bought a couple of johnsons blue for out the front garden, they look lovely really looking forward to (hopefully) them establishing themselves they've done well so far even though the ground isn't all that fertile.

Just had a look at those. Flowers look daintier than those I spot growing wild. Another one called ' Rosanne' says no fuss and very hardy. Thats me off to some garden centres midweek.
Like I haven't got enough pots and not enough space for things already :facepalm:

I got two three or four years ago for (large) pots outside the front door. I separated them into seven or eight which look like they've all survived so I have more to plant out :)

Back
Top Bottom