Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

the flag of the black country.

I had a look to see if Manchester had a flag and it seems that it doesn't. But Greater Manchester does and it's a bit shit.

800px-Unofficial_County_Flag_of_Greater_Manchester.svg.png

That's even worse than the Brummie one. :D

feck off!

the brum rag is a makey-uppey bunch of wank, the banner of Salop however is an ancient clarion call to eternal war against firstly the Welsh, and secondly 'people' from Cheshire.

i see the 'flag' of Manchester is a burnt out motor, a discarded nappy and a monobrow on a background of discarded betting slips. stay classy.

:thumbs:

feck off!

the brum rag is a makey-uppey bunch of wank, the banner of Salop however is an ancient clarion call to eternal war against firstly the Welsh, and secondly 'people' from Cheshire.

i see the 'flag' of Manchester is a burnt out motor, a discarded nappy and a monobrow on a background of discarded betting slips. stay classy.

:thumbs:
It may be ancient, but it's still shit. :D

ah yes, dry grass, that ancient and well-proven defence against a troop of fucking Leopards.

to be truthful, you might be better off in your white Range Rover Evoque...
The Cheshire lot hide behind their hay bales and fuck sheep - it's their only form of entertainment. There are no depths to which Cheshires will not plumb. :(

Fuck the pair of you.:rolleyes: Your leopards wont know which bale I'm hid behind. It's like the furry balls and the three plastic cups. You'll never find us until we decide to attack. You'll be so busy trying to burn down the first wheatsheaf that you'll be left bent over in a compromised position trying to light a petrol zippo with your stupid leopard paws.

No one expects the Cheshire compromised position. :cool:

Man or beast once your legs are trapped in our waders there is no escape. You're fucked:thumbs:

Fuck the pair of you.:rolleyes: Your leopards wont know which bale I'm hid behind. It's like the furry balls and the three plastic cups. You'll never find us until we decide to attack. You'll be so busy trying to burn down the first wheatsheaf that you'll be left bent over in a compromised position trying to light a petrol zippo with your stupid leopard paws.

No one expects the Cheshire compromised position. :cool:

Man or beast once your legs are trapped in our waders there is no escape. You're fucked:thumbs:
Waders? I'd that code for something? :hmm:

i've got a copper earth lead i stole from my welding set at work still on my kitchen floor. i can't be arsed to weigh it in on its own and anyway i like it. it reminds me of my craftyness. i hid it for a couple of weeks then wrapped it round my body three times and wore it home. it's gotta be three quarters of an inch thick.
Release your inner pikey. [emoji41]

Black Country flag is 'racist' and should be scrapped says Wolverhampton MP Eleanor Smith

Speaking on Black Country Day yesterday, Ms Smith said: “I have serious concerns about the racist connotations of the flag, particularly the fact that chains are being used to represent the Black Country.

“The white on black imagery used together with the chains . . . when you break it down I’m not going to pretend it doesn’t worry me as a black person. People have to understand that it can be seen as offensive. I have absolutely nothing against the chainmakers. They were working people making money like working people do.

“But that doesn’t change the fact that I think the way the flag is done is a big mistake.”

More on Eleanor Smiths (alleged) comments

Black Country flag 'race' row: Wolverhampton MP Eleanor Smith backtracks over comments

Hard to know who to believe here as the E&S is full of rubbish as are the thoughts of our lovely MPs.

The flag looks fine to me, the development of chain making in the Black Country came along decades after the Abolition of Slavery Act in the UK so if any chains made for shipping and industry purposes did end up in the slave trade then it's the fault of our politicians, not the Black Country Working Classes who were toiling in horrendous conditions themselves to get bread on the table.

More on Eleanor Smiths (alleged) comments

Black Country flag 'race' row: Wolverhampton MP Eleanor Smith backtracks over comments

Hard to know who to believe here as the E&S is full of rubbish as are the thoughts of our lovely MPs.

The flag looks fine to me, the development of chain making in the Black Country came along decades after the Abolition of Slavery Act in the UK so if any chains made for shipping and industry purposes did end up in the slave trade then it's the fault of our politicians, not the Black Country Working Classes who were toiling in horrendous conditions themselves to get bread on the table.

The stuff that Smith said about the flag is wrong but the way that the E&S has whipped up racists against her, and covered the issue to the exclusion of anything else, has been pretty reprehensible. Nasty Tory rag.

Cumbria is a bit confusing what with Cumberland, Westmorland etc but I see this one out and about a bit. Doesn't do the placc justice imo.

1675r.jpg

Back
Top Bottom