Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The end of cash?

It’s nonsense, though. There are bank charges for banking cash, just as there are bank charges for accepting electronic payment. Neither is necessarily greater than the other — it all depends what business bank account you use. Unless they’re suggesting that they never bank any cash at all, which is a whole other kettle of hassle.
It’s harder to pay people cash in hand if you don't have any cash.

Presumably the people helping them do everything with tiny coins and notes could help get them a card with which they just need to touch it and do everything??

It is funny to think we will soon be explaining how people and businesses had to fiddle around getting different sized coins and notes and matching the exact amounts for everything… and now we just touch a card and it does it all instantly.
It doesnt work like that. By getting cash in their hands, they can go on to dole the cash out to whoever they want.

Sure but there is just no logical argument that cash is somehow easier than contactless. It just isn’t. It’s ideal for elderly people the only barrier is if people or businesses don’t support them to change. e.g. my elderly mum now loves tapping her card having been struggling to use her purse and change as she got older.

It doesnt work like that. By getting cash in their hands, they can go on to dole the cash out to whoever they want.
I guess that makes sense if absolutely everything is strictly hand-to-mouth, constantly on a knife edge. Most businesses aim to make at least a little profit, though, even if it’s just for a rainy day or to reinvest in the business.

It’s nonsense, though. There are bank charges for banking cash, just as there are bank charges for accepting electronic payment. Neither is necessarily greater than the other — it all depends what business bank account you use. Unless they’re suggesting that they never bank any cash at all, which is a whole other kettle of hassle.

The only way to keep a 100% is to take cash. It's easier to avoid HMRC.

I guess that makes sense if absolutely everything is strictly hand-to-mouth, constantly on a knife edge. Most businesses aim to make at least a little profit, though, even if it’s just for a rainy day or to reinvest in the business.
Think hash tag is talking about service users not businesses. When I worked in care many years ago we used the term “people we support” but things may have changed.

Back
Top Bottom