Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The dog thread is better than the cat thread, because it features dogs.

Always sick on long journeys, always within a few hundred yards of the destination.

Always looks suitably apologetic/mortified.

View attachment 423085
This is worth a try....
You know the clinell alcohol wipes? Used to clean the patients skin before an injection or having blood taken.....
They sometimes work on humans who get nausea post op and for motion sickness.
I'd attach it to the collar. Let the alcohol fumes waft up.

I'd be interested to know if it works.

This is worth a try....
You know the clinell alcohol wipes? Used to clean the patients skin before an injection or having blood taken.....
They sometimes work on humans who get nausea post op and for motion sickness.
I'd attach it to the collar. Let the alcohol fumes waft up.

I'd be interested to know if it works.
I know the ones. The only worry is she might do something daft like eat the wipe. I usually mitigate this pretty well by planning her journeys to be at least a few hours after she's had a meal but both dogs were at the dog sitters for a week recently and when I picked them up on the Friday they cheerfully informed me they'd given them their dinner early :rolleyes:🤮😭

Sad to say that Ben de-Dog [probably 14 !] is now somewhat disabled, his back left paw is almost never on the ground.
Otherwise he's still Ben, very alert and enjoying his walks not to mention his friendship with t'cat.
However, he's been learning form our tripod cat how to get around, and the stuff from the vet helps.
Just wish the painkillers he needs would be palatable [he detects them even in treats] ...

Sad to say that Ben de-Dog [probably 14 !] is now somewhat disabled, his back left paw is almost never on the ground.
Otherwise he's still Ben, very alert and enjoying his walks not to mention his friendship with t'cat.
However, he's been learning form our tripod cat how to get around, and the stuff from the vet helps.
Just wish the painkillers he needs would be palatable [he detects them even in treats] ...
Having elderly animals is always a balancing act of trying to assess whether they are in pain, whether they are happy etc.
He does sound like he's still happy. Hope you are able to keep him comfortable for a bit longer together with him :)

Having elderly animals is always a balancing act of trying to assess whether they are in pain, whether they are happy etc.
He does sound like he's still happy. Hope you are able to keep him comfortable for a bit longer together with him :)
aye ... he's happy !
I've just been away for a few days. When I got back, Ben insisted on carrying a little bag into the house for me. Something he's always done - I thought it would be too heavy, but the bag was carried !

Poor Ben and you; I remember with my old boy, after he’d spat out a tramadol capsule a few times, thinking ‘oh I know, I’ll empty the capsule into his dinner, then he won’t notice it’ and then wondering why he wouldn’t eat his bitter sprinkled dinner. I think you have much more experience of companion animals than me so probly have a technique or two up your sleeve for getting pills into them, nevertheless sad and a bit of a challenge to see him getting older and less able, carrying duties notwithstanding 💕

Back
Top Bottom