Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The current situation in Venezuela

I was a bit dubious about using the EF Hutton line but that wasn't necessary because some got it!

It is entirely true that when Canada or Canadians talk, people listen. Mostly because of our close proximity to the 'land of the gun' and also because of the stark contrast to their evil.

And what are you? If you're a Brit then I have some ideas I would like to share with you!
Good nation states, bad nation states. It's not exactly the most penetrating analysis, Donald.

What are you on about? The 40 I mentioned refers to US led wars since WW2 and it's especially significant in that it's not Russia.
Try calling up 37 U.S. wars since WW2 on commondreams.org if you're interested.
40 us led wars. not 40 us invasions. the moving of the goalposts has begun.

that'll rule out eg greece.

40 us led wars. not 40 us invasions. the moving of the goalposts has begun.

that'll rule out eg greece.
Don't sweat the details. I didn't find the exact link but I found a suitable substitute.
All that really matters is the facts.
Has Britain really been sucked into being a US apologist country now? This is the only forum I've spent any time on so I'm going to have to sniff it out for a while. Streath sounded encouragingly antiwar so far but I haven't heard enough from you yet to tell.

I was a bit dubious about using the EF Hutton line but that wasn't necessary because some got it!

It is entirely true that when Canada or Canadians talk, people listen. Mostly because of our close proximity to the 'land of the gun' and also because of the stark contrast to their evil.

And what are you? If you're a Brit then I have some ideas I would like to share with you!

If people listened to Canada, there would be a Canadian in the UN security council.

Not too sure of the qualifier, are you only willing to share your ideas with a Brit?

Yes, I'm from London, England - so please share.

Why have you made absolutely no effort to draw a distinction between tyhe American people ant the American State.
And who no class analysis, when ther situation is so obviously crying out for it?
e2a; edited to clean up typoes

Last edited:
Don't sweat the details. I didn't find the exact link but I found a suitable substitute.
All that really matters is the facts.
Has Britain really been sucked into being a US apologist country now? This is the only forum I've spent any time on so I'm going to have to sniff it out for a while. Streath sounded encouragingly antiwar so far but I haven't heard enough from you yet to tell.
This is once again different from your 40 invasions. Do you think being anti-war means swallowing any auld anti-us bilge? Not sure you can say eg the us invaded Korea or the us invaded Vietnam. I'm not sure the Korean war was a us-led war. Can you make up your mind what your actual claim is and keep to it? I'm not sure you can.

If people listened to Canada, there would be a Canadian in the UN security council.

Not too sure of the qualifier, are you only willing to share your ideas with a Brit?

Yes, I'm from London, England - so please share.
People listen to Canada and Canadians because of our reputation, even though it's been damaged somewhat because of our cooperation with the US. However, consider that we are somewhat forced to sell out our credibility to the US to control the damage they're inflicting on us economically.

I like to think that Britain is going down on the US because it still feels a debt for US participation in WW2.
They should be as generous to Russia!

This is once again different from your 40 invasions. Do you think being anti-war means swallowing any auld anti-us bilge? Not sure you can say eg the us invaded Korea or the us invaded Vietnam. I'm not sure the Korean war was a us-led war. Can you make up your mind what your actual claim is and keep to it? I'm not sure you can.
The Korean war certainly was a US led war so now you can be sure. It was just their fear of the dominoes tumbling before the phrase was popular. And now fwiw, the Koreas would be united again by popular demand if it wasn't for US interference.

So do you think that the US could trade off S.K. in exchange for Venezuela? Spheres of influence you know.

I think I'm going to like you Pickman, you're a bright kid. And I think Streath will come back as soon as he stops pouting.

yep, no real consistency of argument beyond 'USA BAD!!!!'
The Ladybird guide to anti-imperialism, basically
Yes, USA bad! IMHO there isn't any good left with which to redeem that country. But if you have a bit of praise then fill your boots.

FWIW to you, my position is that the US is an evil aggressor nation that is approaching the ilk of Nazi Germany, so let's hear your best defense of that fascist regime in the making.

He's all over the shop, this one
Your correct argument is that I'm not all over the shop, I'm dead certain and not intimidated into keeping it to myself. So sure there are some good ones, but ask yourself if that was enough to save the German people in 1945.
Stop resisting the facts and get with the program.

Yes, USA bad! IMHO there isn't any good left with which to redeem that country. But if you have a bit of praise then fill your boots.

FWIW to you, my position is that the US is an evil aggressor nation that is approaching the ilk of Nazi Germany, so let's hear your best defense of that fascist regime in the making.
Oh jesus wept....:facepalm:
How to establish a new world record in the distance by which the point can be missed
It is 100% legitimate to make that charge of the US ruling classes and the State they control.
Howver, the masses - the exploited masses - are not that State - they are it's victims too. Your approach is incredibly over-simplistic because it totally lacks any class analysis dialectic, which is what such analysis desperately needs, as something that is essential to explaining just how we got to this point

Last edited:
Quit trying to bullshit me, all the versions of the claim amount to the same end result. Stop compromising your principles for the sake of stubbornness.

Your correct argument is that I'm not all over the shop, I'm dead certain and not intimidated into keeping it to myself. So sure there are some good ones, but ask yourself if that was enough to save the German people in 1945.
Stop resisting the facts and get with the program.
What are the facts? Your original 40 invasions or your later 40 us-led wars?

Quit trying to bullshit me, all the versions of the claim amount to the same end result. Stop compromising your principles for the sake of stubbornness.
No, they don't add up to the same thing

40 invasions or indeed 40 us-led wars ignores eg involvement in Greek civil war or toppling Allende.

No, they don't add up to the same thing

40 invasions or indeed 40 us-led wars ignores eg involvement in Greek civil war or toppling Allende.
No, it really doesn't. It's just you trying to say which US wars you approve of and which you'll eventually get around to condemning.

I don't split hairs on that. I start 'after' WW2 with my condemnation.

And then fwiw, are you completely familiar with all of Americans' popular opinions on WW2? Do you understand that it's popular for them to condemn America's participation because it wasn't their war and their business?

Why Pickman, many of them don't understand that Russia was an ally and likely made the largest contribution to defeating Nazi Germany!

Oh jesus wept....:facepalm:
How to establish a new world record in the dista\nce by which the p;oingt can be missed
It is 100% legitimate to make that charge of the US ruling classes and the State they control.
Howver, the masses - the exploited masses are not that State - they are it's victims too. Your approach is incredibly over-simp-listic because it totally lacks any class a nalysis dialectic, which is what such analysis desperately needs, as something that is essential to explaining just how we got to this point
Would it help if I said that I have about as much sympathy for the US as you would apparently have for N.K?
Speaking of which, I'm glad they now have their nuclear deterrent, for the sake of world peace!

Would it help if I said that I have about as much sympathy for the US as you would apparently have for N.K?
Not even slightly, as there's no real political analysis there. And, as a marxist, I hate both the US ruling class and the betrayal of marxism that is NK.
That's political analysis - or at least, the start of one

Last edited:
No, it really doesn't. It's just you trying to say which US wars you approve of and which you'll eventually get around to condemning.

I don't split hairs on that. I start 'after' WW2 with my condemnation.

And then fwiw, are you completely familiar with all of Americans' popular opinions on WW2? Do you understand that it's popular for them to condemn America's participation because it wasn't their war and their business?
I'm not saying anything of the sort. I haven't said I support this or I object to that. I have just tried to pin down what you mean, and you're all over the place. You started off farting about 40 us invasions. The us didn't really invade Korea or South Vietnam. They certainly didn't invade Iran in 1953. They didn't invade Guatemala to overthrow Arbenz. Then you said 40 us-led wars. Which leaves out other involvements. Say what you mean. mean what you say. Don't keep chopping and changing.

I'm not saying anything of the sort. I haven't said I support this or I object to that. I have just tried to pin down what you mean, and you're all over the place. You started off farting about 40 us invasions. The us didn't really invade Korea or South Vietnam. They certainly didn't invade Iran in 1953. They didn't invade Guatemala to overthrow Arbenz. Then you said 40 us-led wars. Which leaves out other involvements. Say what you mean. mean what you say. Don't keep chopping and changing.
I actually started off with 40 US wars of aggression. If you can't accept that then the onus is on you to refute which ones didn't fit the description.
So how about I get you another link that says it in a way that you can approve? Get over this thing Pickman so we can get down to business.

Can we start talking about Venezuela and how the US is totally responsible for the pain being inflicted on those poor people? And something else to add to the conversation: Are you with me on my opinion that the US isn't going to 'do' Venezuela or Iran? China and Russia have interests in both and the days of US wars all over the globe have come to an end. Oh, and I would include Syria too now that Russia is there with impressive force.

Our future is in all small countries eventually finding their own big nuclear guardian and so far the ones that have aren't choosing the US. This is a sort of situation that has worked very well for the US's ME apartheid regime for years. I'm suggesting it's going to work for Russia's and China's client states too.

No more US bombing hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians to save them! Agreed?

I actually started off with 40 US wars of aggression. If you can't accept that then the onus is on you to refute which ones didn't fit the description.
So how about I get you another link that says it in a way that you can approve? Get over this thing Pickman so we can get down to business.3

Stop being so damn arrogant!!!

On more than one occasion, you have told one of our board members to "get over it"" so you can get down to business.

What is this business you talk about?

Can we start talking about Venezuela and how the US is totally responsible for the pain being inflicted on those poor people? And something else to add to the conversation: Are you with me on my opinion that the US isn't going to 'do' Venezuela or Iran? China and Russia have interests in both and the days of US wars all over the globe have come to an end. Oh, and I would include Syria too now that Russia is there with impressive force.

I am a Canadian, and tend to read articles that pertain to my country.
I'm guessing you don't.

Here we go, luv

Did you get a chance to read the article?
It is four days old.

On more than one occasion, you have told one of our board members to "get over it"" so you can get down to business.

I'm guessing you don't.

Here we go, luv

It is four days old.
well said, SP.

So how about I get you another link that says it in a way that you can approve? Get over this thing Pickman so we can get down to business.
wars of aggression def does not include gulf war I, Vietnam, Korea

If you can't say something which you mean, if you can't keep from shifting the parameters, you're clearly doing something wrong. How do you expect to persuade people when you can't keep things straight?

China and Russia had interests in Vietnam and we all know how that went. If you haven't noticed, us forces are reorienting towards training to fight peer and near-peer opponents, the Russians and Chinese. You don't know wtf you're on about. Chinese ambitions are imo rather more of a threat to peace than us ones. Indeed fighting has already happened recently between Chinese and Indian troops. The Chinese militarisation of the south china sea may well provoke a regional war with great danger of expansion. And say what you will of the foul us administration, they're not conducting a genocide in their own borders as the Chinese are in Xinjiang

Our future is in all small countries eventually finding their own big nuclear guardian and so far the ones that have aren't choosing the US. This is a sort of situation that has worked very well for the US's ME apartheid regime for years. I'm suggesting it's going to work for Russia's and China's client states too.
our future is likely a general war with my guess it'll come round the middle of the decade.

No more US bombing hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians to save them! Agreed?
Don't think you're in any way equipped to make that a reality

I'm guessing you don't.

Here we go, luv

It is four days old.
Sure I read it. Canada speaks American because we're forced to play along with them. This is the reason why I believe that Canada has to diversify our trade relations away from the US as quickly as possible. When we no longer care about being blackmailed by the US, they lose their power over us. Remember how we had to pay so dearly when Chretien kept our country out of their phony war on Iraq that was based on US lies and which slaughtered a million or more innocents?

Pleasure talking to a fellow Canadian peeper. Try to contain your anger over what you see as my arrogance.

Back
Top Bottom