Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The current situation in Venezuela

Sure I read it. Canada speaks American because we're forced to play along with them. This is the reason why I believe that Canada has to diversify our trade relations away from the US as quickly as possible. When we no longer care about being blackmailed by the US, they lose their power over us. Remember how we had to pay so dearly when Chretien kept our country out of their phony war on Iraq that was based on US lies and which slaughtered a million or more innocents?

Pleasure talking to a fellow Canadian peeper. Try to contain your anger over what you see as my arrogance.

I will stop posting about your arrogance once you settle down and stop grading people based on your assumptions.

I will stop posting about your arrogance once you settle down and stop grading people based on your assumptions.
I think it's more likely that we'll have to end up ignoring each other. Too bad if you can't stand the heat and stand your ground without having to threaten others.

I think it's more likely that we'll have to end up ignoring each other. Too bad if you can't stand the heat and stand your ground without having to threaten others.

When the heck did I threaten you???

Arrogance, arrogance, arrogance.

I would suggest you put me on ignore.
I don't like snooty Canadians.

Yeah, we surely do. LOL. Vietnam won their war and unified their country. Now they're doing great and no longer live in fear of US bombing. You made your point that time Pickman.
You really do love your stalinist police state dictatorships, don't you?
Here's why they're not great places to live

Vietnam’s appalling human rights record worsened in 2018 as the government imprisoned dissidents for longer prison terms, sanctioned thugs to attack rights defenders, and passed draconian laws that further threaten freedom of expression.

The Communist Party of Vietnam monopolizes power through the government, controls all major political and social organizations, and punishes people who dare to criticize or challenge its rule.

Yeah, we surely do. LOL. Vietnam won their war and unified their country. Now they're doing great and no longer live in fear of US bombing. You made your point that time Pickman.
it's like the fighting from 1963 to 1975 never happened.

if by 'won the war' you mean 'suffered more than a million casualties and saw their country's economy fucked' then yes, the vietnamese won. but at such a cost i can't see how a defeat would have been worse. even now munitions from that era claim victims. and as Streathamite points out, it's not the most pleasant place to live.

Last edited:
You really do love your stalinist police state dictatorships, don't you?
Here's why they're not great places to live

Vietnam’s appalling human rights record worsened in 2018 as the government imprisoned dissidents for longer prison terms, sanctioned thugs to attack rights defenders, and passed draconian laws that further threaten freedom of expression.

Did Vietnam come close to equalling the world's leading country on incarceration rates?

The Communist Party of Vietnam monopolizes power through the government, controls all major political and social organizations, and punishes people who dare to criticize or challenge its rule.
As all countries must when the US attempts to interfere in their politics. This brings us full circle back to Venezuela.
(or Cuba, Syria, Iraq, or any of the other 37 other countries that have been invaded by the US.

As a Marxist, or at least a pretend Marxist, isn't it time you considered the estimated 20,000,000 victims of US wars since WW2? We have to start making some progress Streath or I'm going to have to start to devote less time to your opinions.

it's like the fighting from 1963 to 1975 never happened.

if by 'won the war' you mean 'suffered more than a million casualties and saw their country's economy fucked' then yes, the vietnamese won. but at such a cost i can't see how a defeat would have been worse. even now munitions from that era claim victims. and as Streathamite points out, it's not the most pleasant place to live.
You've certainly succeeded in pointing out the horror of the US bombing and burning of Vietnam that was meant to prevent the unification of that country!
Was the death toll worth it? Absolutely, because it would have cost more lives of Vietnamese people had they not been resolute in gaining their freedom.

What is it that motivates you to say such things Pickman? Do you suppose the people deliberately stood under the falling US bombs to prove a point? What?

You've certainly succeeded in pointing out the horror of the US bombing and burning of Vietnam that was meant to prevent the unification of that country!
Was the death toll worth it? Absolutely, because it would have cost more lives of Vietnamese people had they not been resolute in gaining their freedom.

What is it that motivates you to say such things Pickman? Do you suppose the people deliberately stood under the falling US bombs to prove a point? What?
I think we're still stuck on your 40 wars of aggression / invasions / us led wars. Because as far as I'm concerned you've nary a clue of the past 3/4 of a century. Your 'the us is nasty' and 'the small countries of the world need to line up behind a nuclear power to protect themselves against the evil empire' - plus your great confusion over what the us has done that you object to - adds up to a facile 'death to america' version of anti-imperialism. The enemy of my enemy is not necessarily my friend: seeing the great hope as Putin or xi jinping ignores the fact neither of those men is any nicer than gwb, obama or trump.

I think we're still stuck on your 40 wars of aggression / invasions / us led wars. Because as far as I'm concerned you've nary a clue of the past 3/4 of a century. Your 'the us is nasty' and 'the small countries of the world need to line up behind a nuclear power to protect themselves against the evil empire' - plus your great confusion over what the us has done that you object to - adds up to a facile 'death to america' version of anti-imperialism. The enemy of my enemy is not necessarily my friend: seeing the great hope as Putin or xi jinping ignores the fact neither of those men is any nicer than gwb, obama or trump.
IMO you've made a worthwhile point in that Putin or Xi are no more, or less, likely to take small countries under their nuclear umbrella than is the US. And as to the evil empire', the track record of that country since the end of WW2 leaves us with no doubt on it's identity. That is, regardless of whether you want to refer to it's aggression as wars, invasions, humanitarian bombing, or some other novel excuse.

IMO you've made a worthwhile point in that Putin or Xi are no more, or less, likely to take small countries under their nuclear umbrella than is the US. And as to the evil empire', the track record of that country since the end of WW2 leaves us with no doubt on it's identity. That is, regardless of whether you want to refer to it's aggression as wars, invasions, humanitarian bombing, or some other novel excuse.
I don't know why you think 1945 so significant, being as us interventions overseas hardly started then. Your frankly dull anti-americanism quickly palls. Do you have but the one string to your bow?

I don't know why you think 1945 so significant, being as us interventions overseas hardly started then. Your frankly dull anti-americanism quickly palls. Do you have but the one string to your bow?
In a sense WW2 was America's good war in that it was considered charitable of them taking part. However, amongst the American people the opinion is far from unanimous that they were right to take part. Are you aware of that?

No such doubt was ever voiced by the Soviet Union as to their cause of defeating Nazism. Thus, the Soviet Union made the greatest sacrifice and won our war with the blood of many millions. Yet as soon as that war ended the allied forces turned against the Soviet Union on behalf of the US cause of aggression.

Don't sweat the details. I didn't find the exact link but I found a suitable substitute.
All that really matters is the facts.
Has Britain really been sucked into being a US apologist country now? This is the only forum I've spent any time on so I'm going to have to sniff it out for a while. Streath sounded encouragingly antiwar so far but I haven't heard enough from you yet to tell.
Are you a complete fucking pillock, or still under construction?

Ever heard of the Non-Aggression Pact? Jesus Christ!
I'm not ignoring your attempts to be included in the conversation. I'll likely have more time for you now that Streath has run for cover. But please make an attempt at some substance that is worthy of my time.
Cheers from Canada.

I'm not ignoring your attempts to be included in the conversation. I'll likely have more time for you now that Streath has run for cover. But please make an attempt at some substance that is worthy of my time.
Cheers from Canada.
So you're not even going to engage with that then?! Fucking hell you're a twat!

In a sense WW2 was America's good war in that it was considered charitable of them taking part. However, amongst the American people the opinion is far from unanimous that they were right to take part. Are you aware of that?

No such doubt was ever voiced by the Soviet Union as to their cause of defeating Nazism. Thus, the Soviet Union made the greatest sacrifice and won our war with the blood of many millions. Yet as soon as that war ended the allied forces turned against the Soviet Union on behalf of the US cause of aggression.
Whoa there. No such doubt was ever voiced by the Soviet Union as to their cause of defeating Nazi Germany? This would be the same Soviet Union who signed a non-aggession pact with Nazi Germany and divided Poland with Nazi Germany?

So when Stalin went AWOL at the end of June 1941, refusing to believe his auld mate adolf had done the dirty on him, you don't think he was rather taken aback Donald H? It was only after Hitler invaded that this great determination was born. Not in the preceding 8 years.

So you're not even going to engage with that then?! Fucking hell you're a twat!

He's a paid Chinese propagandist, trust me, I've encountered countless before and he is a typical case. Don't waste your time on him.

Wumao can be identified by their obsession with the USA and belief that almost all countries are somehow tributary states of the USA, and a classically fascist world view which views global politics as a constant struggle for hegemony of great powers. Only the US, China, and maybe Russia are relevant to them, and all other countries are seen as pawns and understood only in their relationship to the US or China. They have minimal understanding of political theory so there is no point trying to talk about class or Marxism with them, and when challenged they won't engage with your points - for they do not have serious views but are just paid to disrupt - but will instead resort to evasion, mockery, and irrelevant attacks on the US.

Expect more of these dullards in the coming years, but this is the is the characteristic worldview and behaviour to look out for and how to recognise them. We're going to have to get used to it I'm afraid. I recommend we just ban them as they aren't interested in genuine discussion.

Last edited:
He's a paid Chinese propagandist, trust me, I've encountered countless before and he is a typical case. Don't waste your time on him.

Wumao can be identified by their obsession with the USA and belief that almost all countries are somehow tributary states of the USA, and a classically fascist world view which views global politics as a constant struggle for hegemony of great powers. Only the US, China, and maybe Russia are relevant to them, and all other countries are seen as pawns and understood only in their relationship to the US or China. They have minimal understanding of political theory so there is no point trying to talk about class or Marxism with them, and when challenged they won't engage with your points - for they do not have real) serious views but are just paid to disrupt - but will instead resort to evasion, mockery, and irrelevant attacks on the US.

Expect more of these dullards in the coming years, but this is the is the characteristic worldview and behaviour to look out for and how to recognise them. We're going to gave to get used to it I'm afraid. I recommend we just ban them as they aren't interested in genuine discussion.
I had him down as some sort of pro-nk Stalinist but I'll bow to your expertise

Back
Top Bottom