Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Brixton Citizenship Test

Sainsbury's. It had a magnificent black art deco-y panel above the ground floor level. Or one of those shops did. It was the last shop before the bridge, and the bridge had a sticky out bit underneath which housed a Ravel shoe shop.I can't remember what was right next to the station, now Smiths.

I think it's fair to say I can't remember it.

I am not truly Brixton despite residing here for almost 30 years :(

:oops: I never thought to google it. I was thinking about it the other day.

oh, I may be mistaking him with another photographer. Did he have a shop? Whereabouts? I know there was a photographer in Brixton who did family portraits but can't remember his name

The question about Nour needs clarifying, as there are, of course, 2 entrances - market row and...the other one in EA. I use both depending on mood, though I much prefer the EA entrance's 'tardis' feel. And it's always fun trying to navigate your way in while a procession of old ladies with trolleys are trying to get out

now I'm doubting myself.

Nr the junction of err St Saviours Rd @ Brixton Hill. It was in the premesis which now has a cafe I think and is next to the pizza place, the shops with the really long bit of concrete out the front. And I've got a feeling there used to be a bus stop there too (that can't be right though can it, they don't move bus stops (well except the one they moved from the end of Blenheim Gdns to o/s Nisa)).

It was just a newsagents, but I shoplifted sweets from it, which is why I was thinking about it.

not very interesting really :oops:

now I'm doubting myself.

Nr the junction of err St Saviours Rd @ Brixton Hill. It was in the premesis which now has a cafe I think and is next to the pizza place, the shops with the really long bit of concrete out the front. And I've got a feeling there used to be a bus stop there too (that can't be right though can it, they don't move bus stops (well except the one they moved from the end of Blenheim Gdns to o/s Nisa)).

It was just a newsagents, but I shoplifted sweets from it, which is why I was thinking about it.

not very interesting really :oops:

Yes, searching him does come up with a few links mentioning Bonham Road (which is off Lambert Road). You may be thinking of Adams (a couple of doors away from the White Horse). That used to be an electronics shop.

You are correct about the bus stop. Everyone used to use that bit of concrete to sit on and wait for buses. They moved the bus stop up to outside Nisa

There was definitely a bus stop by the printers with the big trees and the James Dean man (and now the Queen I think) just South of the end of Blenheim Gdns.

And whether or not it was called Stanleys Library (although I dunno why I'd think it was if it wasn't ifswim) there was a newsagents as the first shop after the big houses.

There was definitely a bus stop by the printers with the big trees and the James Dean man (and now the Queen I think) just South of the end of Blenheim Gdns.

And whether or not it was called Stanleys Library (although I dunno why I'd think it was if it wasn't ifswim) there was a newsagents as the first shop after the big houses.

Yep, my friend confirmed it. I remember being right pissed off when they took it away as if I couldn't get on bus by prison, I used to walk to next bus stop and wait there and jump on one and then they took it away and there was no way I was walking further 'cos I'd miss too many :D

James Dean was still up there until very recently. My friend used to work at that printer's

Right, are we going up the Hill now and are you talking past the petrol station or downhill? Which big house are you talking about?

Down the hill.

Apparently google tells me the pizza shop is 88 Brixton Hill and it was next door.

5436678479_76d2bdd052_z.jpg

It is the right hand shop in this pic.

I've always viewed him a bit like a lighthouse, he watches me go to work at 6am when nobody else is and he watches me come home again. He's looking a bit tatty though

Down the hill.

Apparently google tells me the pizza shop is 88 Brixton Hill and it was next door.

5436678479_76d2bdd052_z.jpg

It is the right hand shop in this pic.

Oh right, that was something like Electronic Enterprise. Maybe that's what it became after the sweetshop shut down

I hope not. Minnie suggested he had gone

I don't know. I vaguely remember him disappearing and then reappearing, but now I'm not sure whether he's there now or not. I do remember someone/something else being there temporarily though. Maybe it was the Queen as wiskey says

Back
Top Bottom