Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The BEES are back in town - Premier League 21/22

Numbers

an ting!
Morning :cool: been wanting to start a thread like this for years.

I was going to call this thread 'Push Up Brentford' because of the below documentary.. a (brief) history of (the club) and farewell to Griffin Park, but that's old news now we have a seat at the top table, in a new stadium and with a new future.

I think the Bees will surprise a few people and will stay up, we'll finish in the top 12.

The BEES are back in town :thumbs:

Really pleased for Brentford. Notwithstanding being there to see them demolish us (Luton) last season. Had lots of happy away days at the old ground.

So we've let 3 go so far - Dalsgaard, Marcondes & Daniels. Daniels done well for us when covering for Raya in the EFL Cup, but not so good when covering in the Championship itself. Dalsgaard and Marcondes have been brilliant tho' and will be missed.

Not sure who we're going to bring in but we need a couple of players with proven Prem experience, it'll be interesting to see.

Fixture list out tomorrow :cool:

Arse, Palace, Villa, Brighton, Wolves, Liverpool first 6 games across August & Sept. I’d be happy with 8 points from that and think we’re capable.

Speaking to colleagues I understand there might be some careful spending but they won't go breaking the bank to try and stay up, which, given their record is a great thing.

I would love to go to the opener in the new ground but doubt that I could get tickets ( the price of being in the PL). Also don't know what the crappy new rota at work holds. Failing that, maybe try for the palace match.

I would love to go to the opener in the new ground but doubt that I could get tickets ( the price of being in the PL). Also don't know what the crappy new rota at work holds. Failing that, maybe try for the palace match.
I’m hoping to get a ticket myself but I’m not a season ticket holder, just club member so am somewhat down the pecking order until the capacity increases. Of the first 6 I’d love to get to the Pool game most of all.

Speaking to colleagues I understand there might be some careful spending but they won't go breaking the bank to try and stay up, which, given their record is a great thing.
They’ve done some great business the last few years so have a few quid to spend, how it will tie into the stats based recruitment policy will be interesting to see.

As a Fulham fan i wasnt happy to see Brentford go up, but it cant be denied the club has been run very well for a while now, and it has got its justified reward.

I still shan't wish you all the best, though.

Marcondes has signed for Parker/Bournemouth on a free.
Great business for The Cherries, but it has surprised me.

I'm a fulham fan and am genuinely pleased for your success and making it to the premiership. Very well run club who've done it the correct way. Unlike us who's major successes where bank rolled by Al Fayed (we were promoted from the old div 4 the season before he arrived).

So well done and enjoy it.

Personally I prefer the championship. I think Fulham have spent 18 of the last 22 seasons in the premiership and it can be very very sterile. Loads of tourist fans at the cottage doesn't make for a great atmosphere. Crazy ticket prices. Having to plan which games you wanna attend months in advance.

In the championship I can normally decide on the day if I wanna go to the cottage for a game. Attendance are still high. 20,000 and all proper FFC fans so better atmosphere. The standard of football is still very very high. More competitive snd less predictable.

But enjoy your moment. Well deserved.

P.S Such a shame about Griffin Park though. Loved that old place. Had so much character.

Last edited:
I’ve bought a cpl of tickets for the Man U v Bees friendly at the end of the month. I’ve never been to Old Trafford so looking forward to it.

Valencia are visiting the Bees in August so hope I can get a ticket for that too.

+ Frank Onyeka the young Nigerian midfielder who plays for our sister club FC Mitdjylland.

Neither prem' quality but our recruitment policy is spot on.

Best of Luck. I'll be following the Bees next season with interest.

Hope you do well. Reading managed 8th in our first season in the Prem, but that was an exceptional side.

Back
Top Bottom