Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

That medal table's looking good

Im just glad we are ahead of the Australian's
I live over here and they are a bunch of cunts when it comes to sport
The "news" and "current affair" programs are going on about England doing better than Australia because they have more money for athletes.
For a nation that prides its self on being great sports men and women, they are fucking shit a loosing.
Also they only ever mention the UK. The last time I looked Russia had also got ahead of the yet they never mention that. just pecking away at the UK
Someone at work started harping on about Australia beating the UK at the olympics just yesterday. I stated that I wasnt going to say anything but because they were being such a cunt about it they should check the medal tally because they were in 5th place behind China, USA, UK, and Russia.
They obviously refused to believe me and wouldnt comelook at the computer. The argument happened infront of most of my office so I emailed the link around to everyone and made him look like a right dillan.

Best Olympic moment so far? Grant Hackett not getting a single gold medal :D

The Australians are fine ones to moan about government money being excessively diverted to sport :D

Chalk up another gold for Team GB - Ian Percy and Andrew Simpson have won in the Star class

When is Shaneze Reade riding? I thought it was early this morning but i've not been able to find anything about it :confused:

Excellent race for the Star lads :cool:

Good luck to Phillips Idowu later today!

Ah right, thanks! Has been pissing it down there today, saw the replay of the finosh of the womens 20k walk and the winner was racing through puddles!

Fuck it, let's have another one

1 China 45 15 21 81
2 USA 27 28 28 83
3 Great Britain 17 11 11 39
4 Russia 14 14 18 46
5 Australia 11 13 13 37
6 Germany 11 8 10 29
7 South Korea 8 10 6 24
8 Japan 8 6 9 23
9 Italy 6 7 8 21
10 Ukraine 5 5 8 18

Tim Brabants qualifies for the 500m flatwater canoe final, only third in his semi final though, bit of a surprise he didn't do better

flatwater kayaking on now - I love these guys, proper red indian shit :cool:

Tim Brabants qualifies for the 500m flatwater canoe final, only third in his semi final though, bit of a surprise he didn't do better

Lucy Wainwright through to her 500m final as well :)

Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

What's really funny is that the Aussies were the inspiration for the UK's current training regime and whole approach to sports training in general - in fact, much of the world has based it's training around the Australian example! Being bitten in the ass.

It's funny living with one tho :D

I see the BBC have finally caught up with the story of the USA having a different version of the medals table - Matt 'should have stuck to boats' Pinsent just did a smallish piece on it.

Fwiw, I don't think it's that big a deal - after all, they can't even organise d/m/y in the right order.

Dont worry, we'll stave them off! :cool: We'll get a gold in the 4x1 relay ...ooops no wait... the triple jump.... oh...

You gotta feel sorry for the Aussies tho.

They just got knocked out the Hockey.:D

If Britain's cyclists were a nation they'd be ninth in the table!

:cool: And we've still hopefully got Shaneze Reade to go for her medal. *fingers crossed for a dry day or two*

For 2012, need to get a few more womens track events onto the programme, Shaneze can ride track too, so could double up and join our other female track stars.

Yeah, another example of Australians whingeing about being beaten fair and square and within the rules

:cool: And we've still hopefully got Shaneze Reade to go for her medal. *fingers crossed for a dry day or two*

For 2012, need to get a few more womens track events onto the programme, Shaneze can ride track too, so could double up and join our other female track stars.

that was ridiculous, just having three events for the women and seven for the men

VP could have won three golds and been sports personality of the year

that was ridiculous, just having three events for the women and seven for the men

VP could have won three golds and been sports personality of the year
Chris Hoy said they (as in international cycling) had to junk some of the cycling (mostly the women's events :mad:) to make space for BMX. No problem here with including BMX, but it seems crazy that there were (men and women) cyclists unable to defend their golds just because a couple of extra events were being held at an entirely different venue.

Back
Top Bottom