Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Taylor Swift mega-thread

I'd love to go. I really really like the Folklore and Evermore albums - they've soundtracked my disintegrating love life and feel very personal - so it might be odd to hear those songs being belted out by thousands in the EnormoDome!
It’s not my preferred type of venue but I think it works. I saw her Reputation tour there and she makes as much use of the space and size as she can. She was travelling over the fans in a carriage and jumping between platforms. The light shows are amazing with fans wearing bracelets/lanyards that change colour etc

It’s a shame she never got to tour Lover in its own right as it would have been visually beautiful and colourful.

I think she has managed to pull off the more low key vibe of folklore, Evermore and parts of Midnights.

There’s so much content on TikTok of her US tour.

I’m bracing myself for an Ed Sheeran appearance as they’re friends and have 3 tracks together. I might go for a wee. 😄

It’s not my preferred type of venue but I think it works. I saw her Reputation tour there and she makes as much use of the space and size as she can. She was travelling over the fans in a carriage and jumping between platforms. The light shows are amazing with fans wearing bracelets/lanyards that change colour etc

It’s a shame she never got to tour Lover in its own right as it would have been visually beautiful and colourful.

I think she has managed to pull off the more low key vibe of folklore, Evermore and parts of Midnights.

There’s so much content on TikTok of her US tour.

I’m bracing myself for an Ed Sheeran appearance as they’re friends and have 3 tracks together. I might go for a wee. 😄
Folklore and Evermore are in my top 5 most played albums of the last two years! I like bits of Midnights, but it doesn't come close to the previous two. At least for melancholy, self reflection and mulling over loss! :)

Seems like a good time to bump this thread.

The Eras tour film is out and I’m going tomorrow. Anyone else?

I debated whether to spoil the surprise before going to the show but actually I’ve watched most of it ok TikTok anyway. They’ve cut a few tracks that has caused outrage but it’s a fucking long set list.

1989 Taylor’s Version is out next week too. I’ve got it on pre-order. I’m really enjoying the vault tracks on each re-release.

I also went to Swiftogeddon last night which is a club night where they just play Taylor Swift. 😄

It was honestly brilliant. People were lovely and friendly, chatting, giving out friendship bracelets and badges. There were certain tracks (All Too Well 10 minute) they played where it felt like such a weird but bonding experience singing/screaming along in a room full of other fans.

End of round up. 👍

I went with my youngest and at some point it was out of sync and they couldn't fix it so I just had to adapt as my daughter loved it so much and people were dancing and I felt I just couldn't afford to be pissed off about it. At the end, a girl came up with her dad and gave us friendship bracelets. We are due a refund, so my daughter wants to go again to watch in sync 🤣

I went with my youngest and at some point it was out of sync and they couldn't fix it so I just had to adapt as my daughter loved it so much and people were dancing and I felt I just couldn't afford to be pissed off about it. At the end, a girl came up with her dad and gave us friendship bracelets. We are due a refund, so my daughter wants to go again to watch in sync 🤣
Oh no! It's a long film to go and see twice too. 😄

OH wanted to go to this at Stratty picturehouse before he went to work on Saturday afternoon but changed his mind when he realised it was £20 a ticket.

Can someone recommend any Swift songs that are any good? After she simultaneously won the Super Bowl and the US presidential election last week I feel like I ought to at least acquaint myself with her work. I tried a couple of songs which were listenable, but a bit formulaic. Something must've pushed her above her peers commercially.

Can someone recommend any Swift songs that are any good? After she simultaneously won the Super Bowl and the US presidential election last week I feel like I ought to at least acquaint myself with her work. I tried a couple of songs which were listenable, but a bit formulaic. Something must've pushed her above her peers commercially.
Try All Too Well - one of the best break up songs ever written, IMO.
Or anything from Folklore and Evermore.

Almost too many :)

Agree, All Too Well is a near flawless breakup pop classic, but I like her earlier, more country period, Our Song is a toe tapping beaut. But like ed says, anything on Folklore/Evermore is wonderful; although I closely associate both with lockdown, solitude, and general despair :D

For which, they’re perfect.

If you watch the Folklore documentary you'll get a sense of her songwriting ability. And the Tiny Desk version of All Too Well is beautiful but the whole of that (small) set shows you her talents, musical, and her intelligence, her ability to connect with an audience etc.

Midnights is a great album and I’m really excited to hear the new one and where she’s gone with it.
I like a lot of the older stuff too. She has obviously developed her song writing and her voice has matured but the talent and skill was clearly there.

One of my favourites is Death By A Thousand Cuts from Lover. Another great breakup song.

I have her first two albums a listen yesterday... "Taylor Swift" and "Fearless"... Pretty good I thought.

So I started to watch the Eras tour video and was initially blown away by the sheer scale of the production - a total Hollywood showbiz onslaught.

But when she played a song from Folklore with a flotilla of dancers and video razzmatazz, I had to turn it off as it seemed totally at odds with the melancholy, introspective mood of the album.

I’ve been having to listen to 1-2 songs a morning to familiarise myself with her set list before I’m made to attend one of her Paris shows.

I’ve somehow managed to escape the last four days. :thumbs:

I will resist any logic saying that means I have to listen to four in a row.

So I started to watch the Eras tour video and was initially blown away by the sheer scale of the production - a total Hollywood showbiz onslaught.

But when she played a song from Folklore with a flotilla of dancers and video razzmatazz, I had to turn it off as it seemed totally at odds with the melancholy, introspective mood of the album.
I think they did Folklore and Evermore really well. Yes it’s a huge production but I thought it worked for those albums.

I’m waiting for the stuff to make friendship bracelets to arrive. No idea what I’m wearing yet.

I’m now going to Girls Aloud the same weekend in June. 😄

The soundtrack to everything my daughter - the first album she bought in her own right was 1989, I bought her Folklore on vinyl, but shes kind of drifting away from Taylor Swift now as she approaches 16. I'm still a fan though - Loved Midnights......

Back
Top Bottom