Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Taylor Swift mega-thread

Ruddy Yurts would never have made up music beef for PR purposes :( His feud with Three Fingers Joe Washington was both deadly serious and kept out of the public eye for over a decade, until Joe called the cops that night in New Orleans when Ruddy and two roadies were trying to break down his hotel door with an alligator. They did make up eventually, and I'd like to say everything was fine after that, but their pseudonymous collaboration on the Last Starfighter concept album in 1984 really is best forgotten.

existentialist Pickman's model

Ruddy Yurts would never have made up music beef for PR purposes :( His feud with Three Fingers Joe Washington was both deadly serious and kept out of the public eye for over a decade, until Joe called the cops that night in New Orleans when Ruddy and two roadies were trying to break down his hotel door with an alligator. They did make up eventually, and I'd like to say everything was fine after that, but their pseudonymous collaboration on the Last Starfighter concept album in 1984 really is best forgotten.
Very droll: I have the album with the free flexi ep with best forgotten and pseudonymous collaboration on the a side and the eight minute night in New Orleans on the b side.

Is there anyone who has a "feud" with someone (be it another artist, a neighbour, or with a county council) who isn't a completely fucking awful person?

Answer. No.

Time has not been kind to Mr Yurts though has it ? He is rarely talked about these days outside the un-hallowed walls of U75 as his music isn't so much old skool as old fashioned and resolutely of it's time. Which has now (sadly?) passed. Can't be long before the RIP thread appears along with a thread of crocodile tears.

Whereas the elfin perfectly-formed Ms Swift continues to astonish a mostly adoring world. And I for one count myself in it ....

taylor_swift_in_the_woods___digital_painting_by_sinate-d6lwpde.jpg

Taylor who? And isn't Taylor a surname?

I have never heard of her or her drum playing. She plays the bongos, right?

#morealternativethanCheesypoof

Taylor seems to have the hump once again.

It all seems very complicated and is basically contract law vs the rights of the artist, once again.

She has mobilised her fans against those she thinks have wronged her. It's all a bit involved but these articles sum it up.

The music scene is littered with artists making it massive then feeling aggrieved at the terms they signed up for when they were trying to make it: Prince, George Michael and Van Morrison all have had huge spats with their record labels iirc

Taylor Swift’s feud with her old record label has entered a new and messy public phase

The Taylor Swift/Scooter Braun controversy, explained

Taylor seems to have the hump once again.

It all seems very complicated and is basically contract law vs the rights of the artist, once again.

She has mobilised her fans against those she thinks have wronged her. It's all a bit involved but these articles sum it up.

The music scene is littered with artists making it massive then feeling aggrieved at the terms they signed up for when they were trying to make it: Prince, George Michael and Van Morrison all have had huge spats with their record labels iirc

Taylor Swift’s feud with her old record label has entered a new and messy public phase

The Taylor Swift/Scooter Braun controversy, explained
They've backed down.

Now has more AMA (29) awards than the previous highest (25) and he's dead.

Their Artist of the Decade. Here's the performance. The crowd is all famous people apparently.

She's mostly been living down-low in London the past few years, surprised none of you metropolitan types have bumped into her, frankly ;)

Anyway, this is the best thing she's ever done:

I did!

Was working in Highgate walking down Fitzroy Park (private road) with a couple of colleagues and a blond woman was walking towards us with a man by her side with 2 guys walking about 10 feet behind her. Walked past, got a dirty look from the boyfriend because we'd obviously rubber necked a little bit and then realised it was Tay tay.

That was it. True story though, you can tell because it's really dull.

Us Highgate types became a little jaded bumping into famous people. You can only see Ray Davies so many times in a week before you become immune to the excitement of seeing household names.

I put it on this morning when I was doing some exercise and quickly realised that it was not a suitable album.

It's a well put together album but not for me really - I didn't feel any real energy from any of the tracks.

My dirty secret if you can't like Taylor you're probably deaf or dead it's what the X-Factor is all about but never is on that excrescence of a show. Listening to folklore on TIDAL brilliantly produced and addictive. Thanks for the tip-off #editor consider the happiness shared.

I'm a fan even if it's the fakest of fake...(which is probably isn't)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom