Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Taylor Swift mega-thread

Regarding the smaller artists' payments and the incidental benefits they may experience, presumably the detractors on here would be more content if she did nothing?
I am glad that Apple have appeared to change their policy, but I would be happier if she were honest that this was just about her.

I am glad that Apple have appeared to change their policy, but I would be happier if she were honest that this was just about her.

I'm puzzled as to why you care so much about what you think are her inner motivations, to be honest. This isn't someone running for office. She's a pop singer who's campaigned on a single issue relating directly to her industry and she's succeeded. Good stuff.

I'm puzzled as to why you care so much about what you think are her inner motivations, to be honest. This isn't someone running for office. She's a pop singer who's campaigned on a single issue relating directly to her industry and she's succeeded. Good stuff.
This is a battle of big corporations. Yes, there's a person under all of this, and I wish her all the best. It's the dishonesty that all this is being done for the little people (fans and other musicians) that gets my goat.

I'm puzzled as to why you care so much about what you think are her inner motivations, to be honest.
A general distaste for dishonesty and disingenuous... ness?

A lot of people don't like someone getting undeserved credit, whether it's in the office or a mega-superstar pop person.

For what it's worth, I have no idea if Swift is genuine or not.

My understanding is that she used to be exceptionally nice, but now she's gone meta and (in the process) has meta-slaked about five enemy vengeance quests whilst also being quite meta about it. Radio 4's Front Row and the Guardian covered this in some depth, and Woman's Hour has touched on it, too.

Does this cover all the main bases that a 38yo square needs to know about TS? Or are there finer nuances within her "journey"?

Broad brush strokes is fine.

Tah.

i dont think I have ever heard her music (true story). I only listen to Radio 1 in Ireland which is like Radio 4 in the UK so its mainly current affairs and old stuff...i also avoid high street shops....is she any good (honestly) ?

Back
Top Bottom