Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Taylor Swift mega-thread

I'm sure she's a very decent and talented person but the music just does nothing for me. You'd have to pay me to go to one of her concerts.
yeah. just so bland. I think it's more about the idea of it and the PR/marketing now. 'going to a Taylor Swift concert' is now something people I know are doing just as a sort of box-ticking exercise, which explains the obscene prices.

not aimed at you, unless you're saying you are going just to tick it off?
this is the TS mega-thread, so seemed the obvious place.

I'm not a big fan by any stretch of the imagination but fuck me, I don't think anyone can slate her song writing ability. The woman has a way with words that I think is very rare.
The show is supposed to be superb - I'd go just to see someone who will become legend at her peak

Red Cat - I can't abide Lana del Ray either

I think my top 5 at the moment are:
But Daddy I Love Him
I Can Do It With A Broken Heart
Who’s Afraid Of Little Old Me
Down Bad
The Bolter

This is likely to change a lot but they’re the ones I’ve been humming at work.

Last edited:
I fell deeply, deeply in love with Folklore about 3 months ago and have had it on a loop since. Almost literally. None of her other albums (yet). TTPD was on in the cab this morning (she's EVERYWHERE :D) and I'm giving it a proper listen now. Like it so far :)

Well, just like Radiohead this album is getting better the more I listen to it. Glad I didn't give up!

So far these stand out
Down Bad :thumbs: (I love it when a song clicks for the first time!)
Fresh out the slammer - having fun playing this one on the guitar Ultimate Guitar Pro - Play like a Pro
Guilty as sin
Who’s Afraid of Little Old Me?
Chloe or Sam...
The Prophecy - also fun on the guitar :)
The bolter

Taylor Swift's new album 'The Tortured Poets Department' is packed with references and Easter eggs. Here are the key details you may have missed.

Last edited:
I fell deeply, deeply in love with Folklore about 3 months ago and have had it on a loop since. Almost literally. None of her other albums (yet). TTPD was on in the cab this morning (she's EVERYWHERE :D) and I'm giving it a proper listen now. Like it so far :)
I've played Folklore and Evermore to death for ages. Remarkable albums.

And she's helping the ailing pub trade in London!

The last six days have been some what of a dream for London pub The Black Dog.

After Taylor Swift released her record-breaking new album, The Tortured Poets Department, on April 19 — featuring a bonus track titled “The Black Dog” — everything changed for the local pub.

“It’s been surreal,” Marketing Manager Amy Cowley tells PEOPLE of the response the pub has had. “We’re quite lucky because we’re a well-established and well-loved local pub already, but that’s the key word, we’re a local pub, so to get this worldwide attention has been crazy.”

Swifties have been flocking to the bar, which is located in south London, from around the world to see the now-famous location mentioned by Swift, 34.

“We’ve had people from all over,” Cowley tells PEOPLE. “We’ve had interest from the States, Spain, Germany and Australia. It’s been far-reaching.”

“Every single day since the album has been released we’ve had to turn people away as we’re at max capacity, so that shows the levels that we’re talking about,” she continues of the attention the pub has received. “What’s been great though is that the fans have been amazing. We’ve had them shifting up to share tables with strangers to let people get in the door which is really cool.”

And I'm so happy for the Blue Nile:

And when a Swift song starts out with the lines “Drowning in the Blue Nile / He sent me ‘Downtown Lights’ / I hadn’t heard it in a while,” as “Guilty as Sin?” does, chances are that streams for “Downtown Lights” are going to explode. Indeed, the Scottish pop-rock group the Blue Nile’s 1989 single “The Downtown Lights” rose from 3,000 streams from Apr. 12-15 to over 48,000 streams from Apr. 19-22 — a whopping 1,400% increase from one four-day tracking period to the next.

Rumours abound that TTPD is being added to the Eras set after pictures of her rehearsing for Paris. Would be nice to shake it up but I wouldn’t want to lose too much Folklore or Evermore.
Also she might add some Debut as that’ll come out this year.

About to book Ealing hotel for the august date so that’ll be sorted.

Got this in the post this week. 😊
IMG_3597.jpeg
IMG_3596.jpeg

I think my top 5 at the moment are:
But Daddy I Love Him
I Can Do It With A Broken Heart
Who’s Afraid Of Little Old Me
Down Bad
The Bolter

This is likely to change a lot but they’re the ones I’ve been humming at work.

I was just singing the tune of Cassandra in the queue at Waitrose and a customer in the next queue was looking about trying to find the source 🤣

We bought one of those horrific everything is pink magazines for a friends 11 year old daughter (parent probably weren't happy but she loved it)...anyway, nearly half the magazine was Taylor Swift...no mention of any other pop musician other than a tiny thing on Billie Ellish on the back page. Was quite something to see.

I asked the girl if she liked Taylor Swift and she said no not really! From reading this thread doesnt sound like its really music for 11 year olds, but god knows the machine is forcefully pushing her down kids throats.

We bought one of those horrific everything is pink magazines for a friends 11 year old daughter (parent probably weren't happy but she loved it)...anyway, nearly half the magazine was Taylor Swift...no mention of any other pop musician other than a tiny thing on Billie Ellish on the back page. Was quite something to see.

I asked the girl if she liked Taylor Swift and she said no not really! From reading this thread doesnt sound like its really music for 11 year olds, but god knows the machine is forcefully pushing her down kids throats.

Mini Fire is 11 and is totes obsessed with the new album.

I bought her a special edition from Rough Trade. Her first vinyl lp.

We're watching a livestream of the Paris concert. She's changing things up! I'm sad that one of my favourites, Long Live, is cut, but excited about the upcoming TTPD set.

We're watching a livestream of the Paris concert. She's changing things up! I'm sad that one of my favourites, Long Live, is cut, but excited about the upcoming TTPD set.
I’m gutted about Long Live. I’ve been so excited to see her play it live for so long. It’s iconic!

I’ve just rewatched The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived and it’s incredible. The stream I saw didn’t show what was happening on stage as well.

I am so excited!

Back from Paris.

The lighting and stage production... just crazy good.

It seems as if she swaps colour every night. On the Thurs she wore this black two piece but on Friday it was white. Thursday's blue dress became red on Friday.

Is this the VIP box?
Yeah! Fancy box, limited edition prints, tote bag, VIP lanyards, postcards, enamel pin, commemorative fancy tickets. We got two, so we've unboxed one and will keep the other one untouched in the back of the wardrobe so she can give it to her grandchildren :D

Attachments

• IMG_20240516_190207.jpg
    IMG_20240516_190207.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom