Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tamsin Omond to stand against Green Party’s Bea Campbell Labour’s Glenda Jackson

The only person who ever contacts me (I'm in fortune green) is fucking Chris Phipps who drops off personally addressed envelopes addressed to Mrs [my name]. Really fucks me off

The Tories seem to be focusing their activity round your way, they have a regular stall outside West Hampstead library and a big Cameron poster by the tube (so far undefaced although in fairness it's one of those revolving ones and would be very hard to get to).

I went for a walk round the cemetry at Fortune Green with Mrs Howie the other day :)

You in the same seat? I'm on the Brent side of the High Road, so I can't throw a fairtrade tea bag without it bouncing off half a dozen Liberals at the moment.

Brent Central, yes. I've had 3 direct mails from the Lib Dems this week? :mad:

The Tories seem to be focusing their activity round your way, they have a regular stall outside West Hampstead library and a big Cameron poster by the tube (so far undefaced although in fairness it's one of those revolving ones and would be very hard to get to).

I went for a walk round the cemetry at Fortune Green with Mrs Howie the other day :)

There is a hilarious Tory poster on the wall by the Thameslink at W Hampstead of a woman saying 'I've never voted tory before but someone needs to sort out the mess we're in.' She doesn't look old enough to have voted more than once, if that :D

Alan Coren is in Hampstead Cemetery somewhere (not sure where). I used to walk round there a lot when the foal was small. Now I'm worried he'll run on graves :oops:

Interview with Tamsin:

"I want to go in there and be a different vision of what an MP is," she says. "If people are drawn to that and feel it delivers stuff for them in their area that's great. If it doesn't work, then we've got to keep thinking about different ways to get people involved in politics."

Die.

Omond has approached Giles Coren
@gilescoren @tothecommons come for a canvas?.. X

via her tantalisingly absurd "twitter" http://twitter.com/tamsinomond

Giles Coren is an author of sensible and polite emails to editors:

that is as bad as editing can be. fuck, i hope you're proud. it will be small relief for the author that nobody reads your poxy magazine.

never ever ask me to write something for you. and don't pay me. i'd rather take £400 quid for assassinating a crack whore's only child in a revenge killing for a busted drug deal - my integrity would be less compromised.

I can't believe somebody went to the effort of interviewing her. And typing it up.

Speech-to-text software. All they would need to do is post an MP3 recorder to her with a sheet of questions, have her answer, then plug it into a PC or Mac. No interaction necessary.

with-archbishop.png

The Commons is you and me. It’s the kid on the skateboard, the woman struggling with her shopping, and the guy who serves us coffee in the morning.

:D Perhaps she lives in some late 80s time warp where all the kids are wearing backwards baseball caps and rolling up and down her gated community on their boards. I guess that's the butler their refering to at the end.

she is a posh girl on an ego trip - missed out on a job with Plane Stupid and so set up her own environmental group.

Apparently, a major donor to the Tory party is funding her candidacy in H&K in order to take votes off Labour and the LDs.

she is a posh girl on an ego trip - missed out on a job with Plane Stupid and so set up her own environmental group.

Apparently, a major donor to the Tory party is funding her candidacy in H&K in order to take votes off Labour and the LDs.

So what?

so it's unpleasant to watch her trying to pass herself off as the face of a new radicalism. She's not important - it's just compulsive watching, like a car crash in slow motion.

Unpleasant? What's she actually going to affect? It isn't like there's some authentic 'new radicalism' that she's blocking the onward march of.

And it really isn't compulsive. I'd never heard of her before I read this thread, and haven't seen her mentioned anywhere else. Or perhaps I've seen something in passing without it registering. Irrelevancies only tend to register if you let 'em.

Unpleasant? What's she actually going to affect? It isn't like there's some authentic 'new radicalism' that she's blocking the onward march of.

And it really isn't compulsive. I'd never heard of her before I read this thread, and haven't seen her mentioned anywhere else. Or perhaps I've seen something in passing without it registering. Irrelevancies only tend to register if you let 'em.

It is not important at all, and of course you're right that she is not a block on anything. However it is interesting to some of us, even in a compulsive way.

LLETSA: I'm not sure what your point is? Just another meaningless grouch from an armchair commentator with nothing to say.
You're not interested - who cares?

where's that stat from? strangely the H&K Tories had a stall "Vote Philp" stall at Willesden Green on Saturday - which isn't even in their seat.

I'm not sure what your point is? Just another meaningless grouch from an armchair commentator with nothing to say.

Says articul8, speaking from his armchair.

The point? Look at the length of this thread about some nonentity. Jesus.

Back
Top Bottom