Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tamsin Omond to stand against Green Party’s Bea Campbell Labour’s Glenda Jackson

bakunin had it right: This is an ego trip. Elections bring them out the woodwork, especially I suppose since the large parties cred is so low. But running against Comrade Campbell without a significantly different platform is not politically constructive. How hard to stand in another London contstituency? Whatever the reason it looks like she is putting herself first.

It wouldn't surprise me if this wasn't an utterly cynical attempt to get the Green leadership to take notice of her and make her an offer. Though it also wouldn't surprise me if her politics aside from the green coating is some variety of right-wing individualism far to the right of the greens.

Wow! Very surreal.

Awaits a member of class justice to pop up and tell us all how he'll spunk in her face, force it down her throat, make her choke on her class privilege.

It wouldn't surprise me if this wasn't an utterly cynical attempt to get the Green leadership to take notice of her and make her an offer. Though it also wouldn't surprise me if her politics aside from the green coating is some variety of right-wing individualism far to the right of the greens.

Maybe she's got some ideas for how to thin the population out...

Fucking hell the only one I could vote for is Jackson. Didn't Bea Campbell right a hilarious defence of accepting an OBE (or something similar) as a triumph of feminism?

Have to agree if only on 'just about a lesser evil' grounds** -- so far as she compares with Campbell and that Ta Ra Ra Tamsin anyway. Both utterly obnoxious, Tamsin especially. And I remember when Campbell claimed to be communist, and I didn't like her then either :hmm:

**I don't live there so hypothetical only, chaps! ;)

Early doors and not a fully formed market but approx:

LibDems: 2.1
Etonians: 2.9
NL Luvvies: 6.0
The Rest: Any price you like

this is way out - LDs will fall way - winners will be either Lab or Con.
Everywhere says Libdems at 45-48% chance. At this distance you have to think the market is largely informed by polling insiders. That particular market is now effectively fully formed:

2.1 = 47.62%
2.9 = 34.48%
6 = 16.67%
50 = 2.00%

Total = 100.77%

But it's a new seat so . . .

I think they've got it wrong

a) LDs got a massive boost in 05 from anti-war vote in Hampstead, not as strong now
b) They run an upopular Camden council and will suffer from local protest
c) there has been a big Tory revival - mostly at LD expense since 05 - Cameron is much more acceptable to middle class urbanites than was Howard
d) the fact it is a close run election nationally might well see LD vote squeezed
e) There is another LD target seat in neighbouring Brent Central, where Sarah Teather is trying to get re-elected. This will stretch their activisits.

On the ground, I've seen loads of Liberals working Kilburn and the Brondesbury/Queen's Park area. Tories all over Hampstead/West Hampstead. No Labour at all so far.

Lib Dems council candidates came to my door the other way - sized me up, heard my accent and said only they could beat the Tories. I asked them what was the point when they were in coalition with the Tories in Camden and running Brent dependent on Tory support.

Suspect Labour have written it off and are concentrating on other north/west London marginals.

Lib Dems have the base in Kilburn/Queens Park from the old Brent East seat - they won't win if they aren't gaining ground in Hampstead. Jackson might have found that her rebelliousness hasn't won many friends with the regional Labour party so the seat has been de-prioritised.

Don't rule out a Tory win here.

You in the same seat? I'm on the Brent side of the High Road, so I can't throw a fairtrade tea bag without it bouncing off half a dozen Liberals at the moment.

I'm sure Labour could win if they could get their vote out in the estates, but Jackson is meant to be extremely lazy. Mate of mine saw her knocking doors on her own along Iverson Road, however.

This Tamsin seems to be a bit of a man-hater and an elitist with her more or less exclusively female 'Climate Rush' campaign, and her disdain for unshaved men and the great "unwashed" to use her words. With their quaint costumes, glazey eyed stares and robotic mantras, Climate Rush actually ended up looking more like a scene from the film 'The Stepford Wives', than an environmental campaign.

On the ground, I've seen loads of Liberals working Kilburn and the Brondesbury/Queen's Park area. Tories all over Hampstead/West Hampstead. No Labour at all so far.

Lib Dems council candidates came to my door the other way - sized me up, heard my accent and said only they could beat the Tories. I asked them what was the point when they were in coalition with the Tories in Camden and running Brent dependent on Tory support.

Suspect Labour have written it off and are concentrating on other north/west London marginals.

The only person who ever contacts me (I'm in fortune green) is fucking Chris Phipps who drops off personally addressed envelopes addressed to Mrs [my name]. Really fucks me off

Back
Top Bottom