Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Taliban attack army school in Pakistan

12 Students were murdered at Columbine.
19 people were killed when the IDF bombed the school in Jabaliya earlier this year.
Here 132 children where hunted down and killed this morning. Hunted like they were vermin and executed.
Witnesses claim a female teacher was doused in petrol and burned alive in front of her pupils.
If you think your post accurately reflects your reactions to this, then knock yourself out.

I can understand rage and the feeling of impotence, but to visit it on children or any other defenceless group who have no bearing or influence on the actions of those the perpetrators want to hurt is nowt short of sadistic murdering cowardice,par the course for most terrorist organisations.
Go for the security forces, the politicians etc,but hitting the innocent is the lowest of the low.

12 Students were murdered at Columbine.
19 people were killed when the IDF bombed the school in Jabaliya earlier this year.
Here 132 children where hunted down and killed this morning. Hunted like they were vermin and executed.
Witnesses claim a female teacher was doused in petrol and burned alive in front of her pupils.
If you think your post accurately reflects your reactions to this, then knock yourself out.
This is urban, so my first reaction is to query your standpoint. O weatherman, wtf does Columbine have to do with this? Are you just playing the numbers game? Wow, we are cultural relativists. But yanno, I'm actually a human being too so your last three sentences strike home and I'd agree with you and say: I don't care what the political motivations of the perps were, or what their strategic arguments, their actions are disgusting. (And go on to lament in a predictable way the predictable way people will start to equate this atrocity to other grotesquely-labelled collateral damage...)

Have they started blaming India yet?

Virtually every credible source is claiming it to be a direct reprisal for zarb e azb a six month military campaign that is claimed to have killed over 1000 millitants and unspecified number of civilian casualties. Get the feeling there could be a mai lai situation on the horizon.pk military arnt exactly reknown for restraint and this has upped the ante.

Last edited:
Virtually every credible source is claiming it to be a direct reprisal for zarb e azb a six month military campaign that is claimed to have killed over 1000 millitants and unspecified number of civilian casualties. Get the feeling there could be a mai lai situation on the horizon.pk military arnt exactly reknown for restraint and this has upped the ante.
And no one will care:( can't see the Pakistan army interested in the rules of war or how waterboarding is bad at the moment.This sort of stuff always backfires.

Fucking nora :(

Kerry banging on about it - how many Pakistani civilians have you killed by drone strikes? you utter fucking cock!

'Living Under Drones', an excerpt from the Executive Summary of the report:

First, while civilian casualties are rarely acknowledged by the US government, there is significant evidence that US drone strikes have injured and killed civilians. In public statements, the US states that there have been “no” or “single digit” civilian casualties.”[2] It is difficult to obtain data on strike casualties because of US efforts to shield the drone program from democratic accountability, compounded by the obstacles to independent investigation of strikes in North Waziristan. The best currently available public aggregate data on drone strikes are provided by The Bureau of Investigative Journalism (TBIJ), an independent journalist organization. TBIJ reports that from June 2004 through mid-September 2012, available data indicate that drone strikes killed 2,562-3,325 people in Pakistan, of whom 474-881 were civilians, including 176 children.[3] TBIJ reports that these strikes also injured an additional 1,228-1,362 individuals. Where media accounts do report civilian casualties, rarely is any information provided about the victims or the communities they leave behind. This report includes the harrowing narratives of many survivors, witnesses, and family members who provided evidence of civilian injuries and deaths in drone strikes to our research team. It also presents detailed accounts of three separate strikes, for which there is evidence of civilian deaths and injuries, including a March 2011 strike on a meeting of tribal elders that killed some 40 individuals.

Lol!

The thing about message boards is that you can join as late as you like and read what others have posted before.

Everything that you've hawked up on this thread has been shit.

And unarmed is the only equitable way to challenge you. :)

Last edited:
Probably more like the Duke of Yorks school and similar,which cater for bairns who's parents are in the armed forces.

Hasn't been exclusively military for about 50 years, though.
My grandad, whose father died serving in WW1, was sent to the DYMS at Folkestone, back when it was boarding only, from 1920-1926. My dad took him back there in 1986, by which time my grandad was blind, but he was still able to pace off the corridors perfectly, as he'd walked them and doubled down them so often he knew exactly where to turn. :)

No, but the ones I'm on about tend to provide a curriculum aimed at producing the next generation of service personnel.

Which is why we used to end up with so many pathologically-thick cunts as junior officers.
Iain Duncan Smith. Need I say more?

i got the impression it's a school for the children of army officers, similar to the sort of school you sometimes hear about on other army bases

Sort of, but more of a boarding school type of environment, rather than a "day school". The idea isn't to generate the next generation of the officer class, but to give the privileged children of privileged adults the sort of networking possibilities that the scions of the ruling classes get over here.

Still seems completely unnecessary to me; why would members of any specific occupation require a schooling system separate from the rest of society?

In Pakistan's political environment, it would make sense to the military (who are, fundamentally, Pakistan's ruling class in a more immediate way than the land barons are) to fund their own elite education system outside of the normal state boundaries. It enables the indoctrination of the next generation of bureaucrats and potential senior officers.

It is of course the military should have been at the school simply to protect against this type of thing?

Unless you have the school in a compound with watchtowers at the compass points, and 24-hr full-scale manning, then you only need a little bit of luck and ingenuity to fuck over any security system. Add to that the attackers not really giving a fuck whether they live or die, and even the beefiest security system, manned by Rambo clones would get over-run.

Unless you have the school in a compound with watchtowers at the compass points, and 24-hr full-scale manning, then you only need a little bit of luck and ingenuity to fuck over any security system. Add to that the attackers not really giving a fuck whether they live or die, and even the beefiest security system, manned by Rambo clones would get over-run.
yeh. although a lot of schools feel like prisons, very few of them actually are.

Taliban perpetrate hideous crime. Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb obsess about whether "savage" is an appropriate comment on the matter.

Nothing like trying to derail a topic that makes them uncomfortable.

Oh look, FH being a self-righteous smug cunt again. It's always good to be able to rely on some things never changing!

Back
Top Bottom