Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Taliban attack army school in Pakistan

In no way am I seeking to justify this unspeakable barbarity...but gotta ask...what sort of a fucked-up concept is an Army run school?

here you say they're savages because of their actions. then you say they're savages because of their intent. are you being dishonest here or in your later insistence on thought-crime? or both?

What a pisspoor, disingenuous and nonsensical attempt at debating.

If a person carries out an act of savagery, then they are a savage. If a person commits to carrying out an act of savagery, they're a savage. You asked at what point the label started to apply, and I answered. There is no inconsistency there. Can you call a person who has shot up a school a savage? Fuck yes. Could you have applied that label earlier in the timeline? Yes, as stated above. Attempting to present that as dishonest is just woeful.

Or invited massive retaliation?

Either would work for them, given the massive dissatisfaction in the tribal areas against both the Taliban/faux-Taliban/Salafis and the military. Massive retaliation by the the Pakistani state could see the public in the tribal areas picking sides, rather than keeping their heads down and hoping (usually against hope) that things will improve.

Either would work for them, given the massive dissatisfaction in the tribal areas against both the Taliban/faux-Taliban/Salafis and the military. Massive retaliation by the the Pakistani state could see the public in the tribal areas picking sides, rather than keeping their heads down and hoping (usually against hope) that things will improve.
Whey it seems they are getting the retaliation, just wonder how many innocents will be killed by that?
Just seems to be an endless circle

These actions are savage. For the people committing them they are actions that will define their lives. It's not unfair to call them savages. The point is they've ruined hundreds of lives. Not every tax payer can be accused of the same thing. Sometimes pedantry is worthwhile, I wouldn't say this is one of those times.

I agree with violent panda that we're all potential monsters given the right circumstances, but these people are those monsters now, as we speak.

Whey it seems they are getting the retaliation, just wonder how many innocents will be killed by that?
Just seems to be an endless circle

It is, pretty much. :(
Pakistan and Afghanistan are a "G-dsend" to the Salafi twats who foster so much of the dissent, and they're able to do so in those states because of poor literacy, because of poverty and because people want their lives to not be futile. In some parts of Pakistan and Afghanistan, the only "welfare" and education systems in operation besides a few international NGOs and the poorly funded national systems (which are fee-paying) are run by Saudi charities that push the Salafist/Wahhabi line. What was it the Jesuits used to say? "Give me a child until he is seven, and I will give you the man"? Same principle - suck 'em in and indoctrinate them to be the next wave.

Similar to Army Cadets / CCF in UK schools and the Military Academies in the US?

Yep, exactly.

Someone earlier posted that such an atrocity could happen in the UK, and I can't understand why any school would seek to encourage the perverted logic of the jihadis by hosting military activity.:(

Cheers for reminding me about CCF in schools, I had forgotton that we had them or similar in my school...uurrrgghhh

Probably more like the Duke of Yorks school and similar,which cater for bairns who's parents are in the armed forces.

Yeah, but they don't need a specifically military school to provide an education, do they?

Lemon Eddy you said 1) they are savages because of what they've done then 2) because of what they planned to do. these statements are not consistent. it is a pity you just want to bluster on instead of saying 'i'm sorry, i was wrong then and think this now'. let's move on now but i hope you can see why you appear dishonest here, saying one thing and perhaps meaning another.

no, a school for the children of soldiers not a school for children to become soldiers, that's my understanding of the syatus of the school

Still seems completely unnecessary to me; why would members of any specific occupation require a schooling system separate from the rest of society?

Still seems completely unnecessary to me; why would members of any specific occupation require a schooling system separate from the rest of society?
Boarding school so they can get a stable education from 11 onwards,rather than being dragged from pillar to post.

...and why, when the 'enemies of the state' might regard such children as a "legitimate target", would it make sense to concentrate them in a single, exclusive institution?

Yep, just seems like a bit of an unnecessary (not to say anachronistic) risk to take with children's safety.

For the same reason I don't think it appropriate for any other school to host military activity on it's premises.

Last edited:
A number of schools in the Croydon area (state & private) allow their pupils to travel to and fro school in their CCF uniforms.

FFS:facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom