Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Taliban attack army school in Pakistan

A number of schools in the Croydon area (state & private) allow their pupils to travel to and fro school in their CCF uniforms.

FFS:facepalm:

There's been a UK wide advisory about students travelling in CCF uniform issued recently (i.e. they shouldn't do it).

Fucking nora :(

Kerry banging on about it - how many Pakistani civilians have you killed by drone strikes? you utter fucking cock!

I've had an interesting conversation on a forum mainly dwelled by americans.

They kept bleating on about it being revenge for that Woman who won the nobel peace prize, totally ignoring the fact that there'd been a statement issued saying it was retaliation for pakistani actions in Waziristan, and that if anything its muslim on muslim (tribal) violence.

They just can't help but involve themselves :facepalm:

Lemon Eddy you said 1) they are savages because of what they've done then 2) because of what they planned to do. these statements are not consistent. it is a pity you just want to bluster on instead of saying 'i'm sorry, i was wrong then and think this now'. let's move on now but i hope you can see why you appear dishonest here, saying one thing and perhaps meaning another.

Oh do fuck off you tedious pissant.

Let me give an example. In this thread, you're being a prick. At what point did you become a prick? Hard to say precisely, but presumably at some point in the past, when you decided you were going to act like a prick.

Notice the sheer lack of contradiction there? Is that easy enough for you to follow, or do you want to prattle on some more about thought crimes, dishonesty or other vaporous claims.

There's been a UK wide advisory about students travelling in CCF uniform issued recently (i.e. they shouldn't do it).

Oh right, has there? I seem to remember that a similar advisory was made during the mainland bombing campaign.

Sensible though the advice may be, it does just kind of reiterate that getting kids to dress up as soldiers at school is not a very clever idea.

Similar to Army Cadets / CCF in UK schools and the Military Academies in the US?

i don't think so, i think this one is just the same as any of the five (?) Primary Schools within Catterick Garrison, or those within UK bases in Germany or Cyprus. just a school in a place where all the parents happen to share the same employer.

One of the places I was at school had a significant number of pupils with one / both parents in the RAF and a smaller number in the Navy. Getting moved about with frequent postings really plays havoc with schooling. :(
Surprisingly, the CCF wasn't that active.

Slight coincidence or not that UK cadet forces were told to not wear uniforms a few days ago. apols if repost

Children in school cadet forces have been warned not to wear their army uniform in public amid fears of a terror attack.
Pupils were also told to carry out searches of training areas and accommodation before setting up camp.
A notice published on a Facebook group told individual units to ensure with ‘immediate effect’ that ‘appropriate security measures’ were put into place in all detachments.
Fail link:

Kerry banging on about it - how many Pakistani civilians have you killed by drone strikes? you utter fucking cock!

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2014/nov/24/-sp-us-drone-strikes-kill-1147

"Some 24 men specifically targeted in Pakistan resulted in the death of 874 people. All were reported in the press as “killed” on multiple occasions, meaning that numerous strikes were aimed at each of them. The vast majority of those strikes were unsuccessful. An estimated 142 children were killed in the course of pursuing those 24 men, only six of whom died in the course of drone strikes that killed their intended targets."

What a pisspoor, disingenuous and nonsensical attempt at debating.

If a person carries out an act of savagery, then they are a savage. If a person commits to carrying out an act of savagery, they're a savage. You asked at what point the label started to apply, and I answered. There is no inconsistency there. Can you call a person who has shot up a school a savage? Fuck yes. Could you have applied that label earlier in the timeline? Yes, as stated above. Attempting to present that as dishonest is just woeful.

Anyway...Calling people "savages" doesn't really help, does it? This isn't one lone person on an isolated incident.

Besides, one act of savagery doesn't make you a savage, anymore than one act of homosexuality doesn't make you a homosexual. (Not that there is any relationship between homosexuality and savagery!)

Saying these people are savages is like saying "Hey everyone, let's not bother to solve the problem, these people can't change."

Of course, we can't solve the problem. Perhaps others closer to the problem can. Hopefully, they won't write people off as "savages".

And no...I'm not for one minute suggesting "Hug a Taliban" !

Its shocking and despicable that they would go this far to hurt the childrens' fathers. Its like an act of pure rage. Just glad British troops are out of it now. It seems so hopeless. A terrible incident in itself but also one which will cause even more bitterness. I don't understand and can scarcely believe that someone could do this. But it has to be said when it happens to the 'bad guys' noone really cares. Is this in the name of God? (honest question) Or is this a separatist dispute? I don't know enough...

12 Students were murdered at Columbine.
19 people were killed when the IDF bombed the school in Jabaliya earlier this year.
Here 132 children where hunted down and killed this morning. Hunted like they were vermin and executed.
Witnesses claim a female teacher was doused in petrol and burned alive in front of her pupils.
If you think your post accurately reflects your reactions to this, then knock yourself out.

Anyway...Calling people "savages" doesn't really help, does it? This isn't one lone person on an isolated incident.

Besides, one act of savagery doesn't make you a savage, anymore than one act of homosexuality doesn't make you a homosexual. (Not that there is any relationship between homosexuality and savagery!)

Saying these people are savages is like saying "Hey everyone, let's not bother to solve the problem, these people can't change."

Of course, we can't solve the problem. Perhaps others closer to the problem can. Hopefully, they won't write people off as "savages".

And no...I'm not for one minute suggesting "Hug a Taliban" !

Sorted a few posts back.

What was sickening was the media ramming microphones into the faces of students and parents who were obviously in deep shock.
Then came the 'blame game' how could the authorities let this happen?
Whey personally, I feel you can't guarantee protection from these people, the authorities can do their best but there are too many of them, ranging from isolated people with mental health problems, to well organised terror groups protected by a sophisticated cell structure and a myriad of would be martyrs in between.
Fun times ahead.

Its shocking and despicable that they would go this far to hurt the childrens' fathers. Its like an act of pure rage. Just glad British troops are out of it now. It seems so hopeless. A terrible incident in itself but also one which will cause even more bitterness. I don't understand and can scarcely believe that someone could do this. But it has to be said when it happens to the 'bad guys' noone really cares. Is this in the name of God? (honest question) Or is this a separatist dispute? I don't know enough...
god's holding his hands up and going "hey, not in MY name"

12 Students were murdered at Columbine.
19 people were killed when the IDF bombed the school in Jabaliya earlier this year.
Here 132 children where hunted down and killed this morning. Hunted like they were vermin and executed.
Witnesses claim a female teacher was doused in petrol and burned alive in front of her pupils.
If you think your post accurately reflects your reactions to this, then knock yourself out.

Well how should I react to any of those incidents?

Furthermore, I have not tried to compare the Pakistan school incident with any other.

Considering that I'm not emotionally involved in any of it, a responsible thing to do would be take advantage of that situation and refrain from adding emotion to it all and discus in a rational manner.

Back
Top Bottom