Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Summer sports...

Dulwich Mishi

Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!
R.I.P.
So what do you do?

I've still got some football, with Supporters Team related stuff. Going to Altona 93 next week, and will get two other games in over there.
And in Scotland, for the Queen's Park Supporters competition on 6th June...it's the Scottish Junior Cup Final at Kilmarnock the next day.
Other than that, I'm not a cricket watcher, though nothing against the sport. Enjoy rugby league, might fit in a match or two, before football kicks back in early July, for the pre-seasons.
Would be half-tempted by a bit of speedway down at Sittingbourne, but the race on Mondays at the early time of 6.30pm, which wouldn't make it doable from work.

So what do you do?

I've still got some football, with Supporters Team related stuff. Going to Altona 93 next week, and will get two other games in over there.
And in Scotland, for the Queen's Park Supporters competition on 6th June...it's the Scottish Junior Cup Final at Kilmarnock the next day.
Other than that, I'm not a cricket watcher, though nothing against the sport. Enjoy rugby league, might fit in a match or two, before football kicks back in early July, for the pre-seasons.
Would be half-tempted by a bit of speedway down at Sittingbourne, but the race on Mondays at the early time of 6.30pm, which wouldn't make it doable from work.
watch rugby union ! on telly

Don't count...on the bloody telly! might as well say that you watch Coronation Street in the summer...

Football.

Silly season till end of May - Essex County league on till 30 May at least. Go on holiday for couple of weeks. Pre-season starts last weekend in June at Peckham Town and Hamlet in early July (probably).

Cricket for me. Already done a couple of Surrey games before the end of the Hamlet season: Oxford University away (a pre-season) was a nice day out, and completed by set of all 18 county grounds plus the two Oxbridge grounds. Also had a day of the first home Championship match against Essex.

Was intending to do most of last week's match against Leicestershire, but was struck down by a severe attack of gout and missed the lot! Frustratingly I spent Monday morning in KCH A&E on a drip while Kevin Pietersen was compiling Surrey's highest score since 1899 barely a mile away! It occurred to me that I could have hopped on a bus when I was discharged on crutches around 11.30am, but remembering my Oystercard wasn't at the forefront of my mind when I had to call myself an ambulance at 5.30am!

I should be able to do a couple of days against the Kents at Beckenham starting next weekend.

Cricket for me. Already done a couple of Surrey games before the end of the Hamlet season: Oxford University away (a pre-season) was a nice day out, and completed by set of all 18 county grounds plus the two Oxbridge grounds. Also had a day of the first home Championship match against Essex.

Was intending to do most of last week's match against Leicestershire, but was struck down by a severe attack of gout and missed the lot! Frustratingly I spent Monday morning in KCH A&E on a drip while Kevin Pietersen was compiling Surrey's highest score since 1899 barely a mile away! It occurred to me that I could have hopped on a bus when I was discharged on crutches around 11.30am, but remembering my Oystercard wasn't at the forefront of my mind when I had to call myself an ambulance at 5.30am!

I should be able to do a couple of days against the Kents at Beckenham starting next weekend.
do still watch rugby league ?

I'll be playing a little cricket mid- week and weekends. Watching Lancs.. games at Surrey (sun 31/5), Sussex, Essex and Kent planned.

I'll try and get some more league games in at Skolars (I've been playing for them since 96) and Broncos

Last edited:
I am far too lazy. I only go Skolars a couple of times a season. They are rubbish, but it's entertaining rubbish! ;)

I am far too lazy. I only go Skolars a couple of times a season. They are rubbish, but it's entertaining rubbish! ;)

To be honest I only really go Skolars, I try and help out with the junior teams when I can as well. I'll let you know next time I'm going up

A few of us have watched them occasionally, down the years. I was always more into them than the Broncos. I used to watch, as did a few of us, South London Storm, especially in their 'halcyon' seasons back in National Three.

A few of us have watched them occasionally, down the years. I was always more into them than the Broncos. I used to watch, as did a few of us, South London Storm, especially in their 'halcyon' seasons back in National Three.

My big rivals played and coached against them many times..... and broke a total of 6 fingers in the 6 last games v Storm

I do recognise a few Dulwich fans from them going to Skolars / Storm so I must have bumped into you a few times in the past

Good! hope it hurt! ;)
Though, to be fair, back then my 'rugby league t*****g' were Wests!

Dirty... dirty Wests! Mark the player coach use to have two plastic shin pads strapped to his arm and boy did he love to smash you in the chops!! Ended up mayday hospital surgery with a smashed thump after one souths game ... so yes hurt

My friend plays for Hemel Stags, in the same league as Skolars, so might try and get to a couple of games. This used to be a lot easier when I lived in the North actually!

Usually nip down to The Oval a few times, certainly going on 3rd July for the 20/20.

I wouldn't mind watching Dulwich Cricket Club a few times. Have good memories of boozy afternoons with Shaun Dooley and about ten cans of Red Stripe each. Although I always felt a bit like I was encroaching at the Dulwich Sports Club, like it's a private ground and wandering in.....is it actually OK??!

Mainly following Glamorgan CCC results, attend when I can or fancy it. Been once already for a county championship game this season. Though I'm not massively into the format, I wanted to go to the t20 game against Surrey on Friday but I wasn't about. Quite fancy going to the Oval regardless of opposition this summer.

Usually nip down to The Oval a few times, certainly going on 3rd July for the 20/20.

I wouldn't mind watching Dulwich Cricket Club a few times. Have good memories of boozy afternoons with Shaun Dooley and about ten cans of Red Stripe each. Although I always felt a bit like I was encroaching at the Dulwich Sports Club, like it's a private ground and wandering in.....is it actually OK??!

Where do Dulwich CC play, didn't Grahame Thorpe play for them?

Is it tight for space?

Where do Dulwich CC play, didn't Grahame Thorpe play for them?
No, Graham Thorpe's original club was Farnham.

Can I have a dozen for the Ashes test please, Friday or Saturday if possible.

Thanks in anticipation.
Members' guest tickets are only for Surrey Championship and CB50 Cup matches. Even members have to pay for Test tickets, we just get priority booking in the best seats.

Back
Top Bottom