Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet Transfers | Summer 2019 - Spring 2020

Looks like Monlouis is back and available for selection (if he's wanted)
I hope that two months of regular starts will have boosted his confidence. He never looked poor for us, he just never made much of an impact. A lot of talented young players these days reach their early twenties without ever playing regular senior football. It's all youth and development teams, loan spells at lower league clubs where it's not always easy to make an instant impression, followed by one year contracts at a smaller club and more loan spells below that level. It seems like a bit of a conundrum trying to coax these players to fulfil their potential before they slip through the net altogether.

I hope that two months of regular starts will have boosted his confidence. He never looked poor for us, he just never made much of an impact. A lot of talented young players these days reach their early twenties without ever playing regular senior football. It's all youth and development teams, loan spells at lower league clubs where it's not always easy to make an instant impression, followed by one year contracts at a smaller club and more loan spells below that level. It seems like a bit of a conundrum trying to coax these players to fulfil their potential before they slip through the net altogether.

I'm encouraged that he has gone out and influenced games with goals and assists. If he can come back and play with more assertiveness/decisiveness then perhaps he can be a serviceable option for us, though he's probably more suited to being the third man in midfield. He's certainly a different profile to our other central midfield players as someone that is happy to carry the ball.

I'm encouraged that he has gone out and influenced games with goals and assists. If he can come back and play with more assertiveness/decisiveness then perhaps he can be a serviceable option for us, though he's probably more suited to being the third man in midfield. He's certainly a different profile to our other central midfield players as someone that is happy to carry the ball.

I will be very surprised if Monlouis is in Gavin's plans.

This is great news. He'll learn a lot playing with Christian Smith and gives us height, pace and strength as well as footballing ability.

Re: Monloius, he may just need a run of games to get up to speed. Going from Tiptree to Hamilton in the SPL is a big jump. A lot of folk don't realise how fast and psychical Scottish football is and that may have dented his confidence. Particularly as Hamilton have a weird plastic pitch and are guaranteed to be in the relegation dogfight every year.

Lewis White got another goal for Carshalton, scoring past Preston Edwards in the Cheshunt goal.

Doesn't look Connor Hunte was involved for Worthing.

Mullings seems to be sticking around for the rest of the season too. Wonder if that’s a reaction to Mills’ apparent injury on Saturday?

Updated:

This season's Squad:
Aaron Barnes

Tom Chambers (on loan to Fisher)
Ben Chapman
Nyren Clunis
Jack Connors

Preston Edwards (on loan to Cheshunt)
Charlie Grainger
Connor Hunte (on loan to Worthing)
David Ijaha
Danny Mills
Jeffrey Monakana
Kieran Monlouis

Maliq Morris (on loan to Fisher)
Richard Orlu
Christian Smith
Jamie Splatt
Aryan Tajbakhsh
Quade Taylor
Dominic Vose

Lewis White (on loan to Carshalton Athletic)

Arrivals since start of season:
Lionel Ainsworth (Weymouth)
Reise Allassani (on loan from Coventry City)
Diogo Barbosa
Jesse Debrah (on loan from Millwall)

+Jarvis Edobor (Chelmsford City)
Dylan Kearney (Sutton United)
David Kuagica (Ermis Aradippou - Cyprus)
Marvin McCoy (Aldershot Town)
Shamir Mullings (Aldershot Town)
Nathan Smith (Dagenham)

Departures since start of season:
Dipo Akinyemi (Braintree Town)
Yannis Ambroisine
Joe Bedford (loan from Dover Athletic expired)
Ryan Case (Chippenham Town)
Ben Dempsey (loan from Charlton Athletic expired)

Ashley Maynard-Brewer (loan from Charlton Athletic expired)
Amos Nasha (Salisbury City)
Ade Yusuff (Dover Athletic)

*Long-term injured

+Seems unlikely that Edobor is still involved, but I've left him there until it's confirmed otherwise.

Last edited:
Jamie Splatt played (and scored) for Staines Town in their 3-2 defeat at Chalfont St Peter on Saturday. Not sure if that's a loan, dual registration, or he's been released.

Back
Top Bottom