Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet Transfers | Summer 2019 - Spring 2020

See here
Vanarama's National League South Fan Preview: Billericay Town - The Vanarama National League

A Billericay fan forgot to rate Maidstone for the title next season and thinks Welling will be challenging because?

"Who are the other sides to watch out for and could be in the promotion mix?

Havant will be there or thereabouts. Bath City and Welling United will be up there too".

This H&R supporter has predicted Dulwich Hamlet will finish 6th. He’s created a video with all all his predictions

(It’s a bit of a slog)

More importantly, he has predicted Billericay to finish one place below us.

6EA37A94-4111-46A3-A64C-00FFC446434B.png

Interesting to hear your feedback on this. We’re trying a number of new things across the club media this season and generally this style of announcement seems to go down well on social media.

You have to appreciate that many of our fans don’t come to pre-season games and they’re certainly not scouring the teamsheets to see which players are in the match day squad. These sort of club announcements are for their benefit as much as anything. Equally, there’s every chance that triallists wouldn’t end up being offered a contract.

Cheers!
It wasn't intended as a criticism, just an observation. Better to have frequent updates than things happening without anyone being told. I'm still adjusting to the reality that I'm not quite in step with the modern world.

I'm really pleased that we've signed Barnes. Have been very impressed with him in the last few games. Looks to have huge potential and already seems to have established a very good understanding with Nyren down the right wing.
He's still relatively young at 22, originally from Croydon and an ex-Arsenal Academy player. Hopefully Gavin & Junior can polish him and help him develop as a player as they have done with numerous others in the past.

So we now have a squad of 20 confirmed players, but as of last weekend as many as six of them appeared to be carrying an injury of some sort therefore I guess there may be a place on the bench at Tonbridge tomorrow for someone from outside that group, either an Academy player or one of the pre-season triallists or someone we haven't seen yet. (Although I would imagine most if not all of those pre-season triallists have now moved on in search of another club.)

2019/20 First Team Squad:
Dipo Akinyemi
Nyren Clunis
Preston Edwards
Aryan Tajbakhsh
Quade Taylor
Dominic Vose
Yannis Ambroisine (Welling United)
Aaron Barnes (Colchester United)
Ryan Case (Oxford City)
Ben Chapman (Gillingham)
Jack Connors (Dover Athletic)
Charlie Grainger (Leyton Orient)
Connor Hunte (Billericay Town)
David Ijaha (Welling United)
Danny Mills (Ebbsfleet United)
Jeffrey Monakana (Wealdstone)
Kieran Monlouis (Hemel Hempstead)
Richard Orlu (Welling United)
Christian Smith (Wealdstone)
Ade Yusuff (Folkestone Invicta)

Included in Pre-season Squad:
Jean-Paul Antwi (Wealdstone)
Terrique Anderson (Charlton Athletic)
Aristede Bassele (ex-Welling United)
Antonio Belo (Stumbras - Lithuania)

Thomas Chambers (ASPIRE Academy)
Sandro Costa Dias Fernandes (Mildenhall Town)
Ambrose Gnahore (Bischofshofen - Austria)
Marvin McCoy (Aldershot Town)
Maliq Morris (ASPIRE Academy)
Darnell Smith (Barnet)

Jamie Splatt (ASPIRE Academy)
Lewis White (Concord Rangers)

Departed:
Charlie Allen (Cray Wanderers)
Ashley Carew (Beckenham Town)
Michael Chambers (Wrexham)
Anthony Cook (Welling United)
Nathan Ferguson (Crawley Town)

Nathan Green (Welling United)
Sanchez Ming (Welling United)
Magnus Okuonghae (retired)
Michael Onovwigun (Carshalton Athletic)

Jay Rich Baghuelou (Welling United)
Dan Thompson (Kingstonian)

Loans expired:
George Essuman (Braintree Town)
Jamie Mascoll (Wycombe Wanderers)
Luke Wanadio (Dartford)

Unconfirmed:

Jacob Erskine
Caio Guimaraes
Simon Jorgensen

Last edited:
I think of those trialists, it's safe to assume Antwi, Anderson, Bassele, Fernandes and Smith have all gone. None have been involved in the last few friendlies.

Gnahore is a bit of an unknown. He picked up an injury, so it's not clear whether he's still recovering or if he's been released. Likewise, Belo: he featured throughout but was noticeably absent for the Palace game.

White and McKoy were both brought in towards the end, so I'd expect them to be still floating about. Whether Gav has signed them in the last week to cover injuries remains to be seen.

He tends to keep Aspire graduates around for a while too, so I expect Splatt, Chambers and Morris will still be around.

I think of those trialists, it's safe to assume Antwi, Anderson, Bassele, Fernandes and Smith have all gone. None have been involved in the last few friendlies.

Gnahore is a bit of an unknown. He picked up an injury, so it's not clear whether he's still recovering or if he's been released. Likewise, Belo: he featured throughout but was noticeably absent for the Palace game.

White and McKoy were both brought in towards the end, so I'd expect them to be still floating about. Whether Gav has signed them in the last week to cover injuries remains to be seen.

He tends to keep Aspire graduates around for a while too, so I expect Splatt, Chambers and Morris will still be around.
Yes, it would be interesting to know whether any of the triallists have signed National League registration forms on a non-contract basis, although anyone who has may well be on the bench this afternoon. Past precedent suggests Chambers, Morris and Splatt may sign for Isthmian clubs on a dual registration basis within the next few weeks to gain experience at Senior level.

Yes, it would be interesting to know whether any of the triallists have signed National League registration forms on a non-contract basis, although anyone who has may well be on the bench this afternoon. Past precedent suggests Chambers, Morris and Splatt may sign for Isthmian clubs on a dual registration basis within the next few weeks to gain experience at Senior level.

Just seen a picture of a training session from this week. Splatt is there with Mills, Orlu, Quade and co., so he's definitely still around.

Registered First Team Players:
Dipo Akinyemi
Yannis Ambroisine
Aaron Barnes
Ryan Case
Ben Chapman
Nyren Clunis
Jack Connors
Preston Edwards
Charlie Grainger
Connor Hunte
David Ijaha
Danny Mills
Jeffrey Monakana
Kieran Monlouis
Maliq Morris
Richard Orlu
Christian Smith
Aryan Tajbakhsh
Quade Taylor
Dominic Vose
Lewis White
Ade Yusuff
Ashley Maynard-Brewer (on loan from Charlton Athletic)

Last edited:

Loving this statement - He also explained why he’s a good fit for the armband. “I’m a winner, I love to win,” he said. “I don’t like losing!”.

I wasn't there at the weekend but I remember that from Welling on the opening day last season. He's was extremely voca,l but now he's our extremely vocal skipper

I think he might move better than Reise

Which clearly isn't to say he is better

Look forward to seeing more

I think he might move better than Reise

Which clearly isn't to say he is better

Look forward to seeing more

Completely agree. He's the kind of player that the fans love because he will run himself ragged all over the pitch. At Tonbridge he lost the ball in the opposition's corner and ended up tracking back to the diagonally opposite corner.

Looking forward to seeing more of what he can do on the ball, though.

Gavin Rose can be ruthless.

Dipo I can understand. He looks no were near match match fit, in my eyes third choice striker, behind Danny and Yussuf. The fact he left pre-season, came back and started against Wealdstone May have reflected the injury/ suspensions but he does look sluggish.

I’m more surprised about Yussuf, who I thought was a great signing. He was Prolific in the Bostik (50 goals in 100 games), is lighting quick up front, not on the wing were Gavin Rose tried to show horn him into Pre-Season. Watching Yussuf train pre-match with the bench players I got the impression he isn’t that happy.

Maybe one or both have dual-registered? Or we have another striker lined up. Both deserve more minutes but are definitely not going to start ahead of Danny Mills who has been brilliant.

Gavin Rose can be ruthless.

Dipo I can understand. He looks no were near match match fit, in my eyes third choice striker, behind Danny and Yussuf. The fact he left pre-season, came back and started against Wealdstone May have reflected the injury/ suspensions but he does look sluggish.

I’m more surprised about Yussuf, who I thought was a great signing. He was Prolific in the Bostik (50 goals in 100 games), is lighting quick up front, not on the wing were Gavin Rose tried to show horn him into Pre-Season. Watching Yussuf train pre-match with the bench players I got the impression he isn’t that happy.

Maybe one or both have dual-registered? Or we have another striker lined up. Both deserve more minutes but are definitely not going to start ahead of Danny Mills who has been brilliant.
Assuming they're under contract they can't be "dual registered". Dual registration is for non-contract players. Last season for example I think Caio Guimaraes played for Merstham on Good Friday then was on the bench for us at Wealdstone on Saturday. That sort of thing can't happen with contracted players who are loaned out. They've gone for those periods of time, then they'll be back at the end of those periods unless there's a mutual agreement to extend the loan period. As you say, Gavin can be ruthless if he doesn't feel players are doing what's asked of them.

The immediate worry of course is what happens if Danny Mills pulls a hamstring in the first five minutes tomorrow. There must be someone lined up to come in, probably a young striker on loan from a Football league club is my guess.

Must be difficult, as we only play with one up, to have someone happy to be on the bench but then good and fit enough to make an impact if called upon

Website has been changed, just confirming Yussuf’s move now, nothing about Dipo’s. Looks like the original Tweet for the story which included Dipo has been deleted as well.
Media censorship!

Cheshunt are playing in the FA Cup tomorrow so we wouldn't have wanted Dipo cup-tied, which explains the announcement that he wouldn't join them until Sunday. If he's still joining them at all!

Reactions: YTC
Back
Top Bottom