Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet Transfers | Summer 2019 - Spring 2020

but we've always made continuous progress from one season to the next under Gavin Rose, which is a notable achievement for me. Most managers spending ten years in the same job will have experienced a season or two with a significantly lower performance than the previous season before trying to rebuild again, and that hasn't happened with us.

Like this, a lot!

Michael Chambers' trial with Carlisle seems to have amounted to nothing as he reportedly played as a triallist for Wrexham against Fleetwood on Friday evening.

Meanwhile Carlisle have just offered a one year contract to a far more experienced player for the same position, which really illustrates the gamble someone at our level is taking in hoping to win a contract at a bigger club in this way:

CONTRACT: Experienced defender joins the Blues

Michael Chambers' trial with Carlisle seems to have amounted to nothing as he reportedly played as a triallist for Wrexham against Fleetwood on Friday evening.

Meanwhile Carlisle have just offered a one year contract to a far more experienced player for the same position, which really illustrates the gamble someone at our level is taking in hoping to win a contract at a bigger club in this way:

He's still welcome back at Carlisle apparently.

MANAGER: He had the offer of a trial at another club

He’ll be in Chester by Friday...

George Essuman turned out for Braintree yesterday.

Retained:
Nyren Clunis
Preston Edwards
Aryan Tajbakhsh
Quade Taylor
Dominic Vose

Arrivals:
Ryan Case (Oxford City)
Ben Chapman (Gillingham)
Jack Connors (Dover Athletic)
Charlie Grainger (Leyton Orient)
Connor Hunte (Billericay Town)
Danny Mills (Ebbsfleet United)
Jeffrey Monakana (Wealdstone)
Kieran Monlouis (Hemel Hempstead)
Richard Orlu (Welling United)
Christian Smith (Wealdstone)
Ade Yusuff (Folkestone Invicta)

Unconfirmed:
Dipo Akinyemi
Charlie Allen
Ashley Carew
Jacob Erskine
Caio Guimaraes
Simon Jorgensen
Michael Onovwigun
Jamie Splatt

Loans expired:
George Essuman (released by Torquay United)
Jamie Mascoll
Luke Wanadio (Dartford)

Departures:
Michael Chambers (Carlisle United - triallist)
Anthony Cook (Welling United)
Nathan Ferguson (Crawley Town)
Nathan Green (Welling United)
Sanchez Ming (Welling United)
Magnus Okuonghae (Welling United)
Jay Rich Baghuelou (Welling United)
Dan Thompson (Kingstonian)

I think that's it so far. I'd been waiting to see whether anything was announced today as a lot of full-time players' contracts will have officially expired yesterday.

*Anyone heard anything on Chambers and Cook joining new clubs? I don't do Twitter, but as each announced his departure via that medium presumably they'll spill the beans on their next moves the same way.

*updated as per responses below

It appears Jamie Mascoll is currently a free agent as of 1st July. I guess he may get an offer from a League club, having just been released by a club newly promoted to the Second Division.

I assume the 16 players we've announced have all signed contracts, in which case I imagine there will be no further definite announcements at least until after the first few pre-season matches. Given the intense schedule over the next week I expect there will be quite a few additional players featuring on a trial basis, and maybe one or two of those still unaccounted for from last season?

Confirmed:
Nyren Clunis
Preston Edwards
Aryan Tajbakhsh
Quade Taylor
Dominic Vose
Ryan Case (Oxford City)
Ben Chapman (Gillingham)
* David Ijaha (Welling United)

* updated

Unconfirmed:
Dipo Akinyemi
Charlie Allen
Ashley Carew
Jacob Erskine
Caio Guimaraes
Simon Jorgensen
Michael Onovwigun
Jamie Splatt

Loans expired:
George Essuman (Braintree Town)
Jamie Mascoll (released by Charlton Athletic)
Luke Wanadio (Dartford)

Departures:
Michael Chambers (Wrexham - triallist)

Last edited:
The Dulwich/Welling merry go round continues. Feel like we're getting the better end of the deal mind.

Remember this bloke clear as day from the games last season and if I'm being honest I wasn't impressed. Constantly winging, very aggressive but in the wrong ways. However, I'm hoping that he's one of those players that you hate playing against, but love having on your side. I hope that is the case.

He's got a good CV and obviously isn't the worst player in the world, so if this is what it takes to get us up then I'm all for it.

Remember this bloke clear as day from the games last season and if I'm being honest I wasn't impressed. Constantly winging, very aggressive but in the wrong ways. However, I'm hoping that he's one of those players that you hate playing against, but love having on your side. I hope that is the case.
Was he the number 4 who was trying to referee the game on the opening day of the season? I suppose he'll be less irritating in our colours.

He's got a good CV and obviously isn't the worst player in the world, so if this is what it takes to get us up then I'm all for it.

Hoping for a few of these as well

The Dulwich/Welling merry go round continues. Feel like we're getting the better end of the deal mind.

Strange one this. What do we need another midfield destroyer for when we already have Smith and Tajbakhsh? How are we going to fit all these central midfielders on the pitch (Monlouis, Chapman, Vose)?

He was an extremely dislikeable individual for Welling, too. How about we just give him back to Welling and they give Green back to us?

I think it's clear we will have far more leadership this season with a strong central midfield that can play and battle.

As for Green, though sad to see him go, if he couldn't do the training there was no choice.

Think we've definitely got the better of the Welling/Dulwich trades.

I think it's clear we will have far more leadership this season with a strong central midfield that can play and battle.

As for Green, though sad to see him go, if he couldn't do the training there was no choice.

Think we've definitely got the better of the Welling/Dulwich trades.

Six central midfielders is odd though, especially at this level. There's no way all six will stick around for very long. The only thing I can think is that Ijaha will play at centre half with Orlu, given that the only other centre half we have is Quade.

Then again, Erskine can play at centre back so I suspect that's where he'll slot in. Dodger seemed confident he saw him in the first video and I'm sure he was furiously peddling away at the back of that spin class. This has got 'YTC Saatchi-esque marketing ploy' written all over it.

Six central midfielders is odd though, especially at this level. There's no way all six will stick around for very long. The only thing I can think is that Ijaha will play at centre half with Orlu, given that the only other centre half we have is Quade.

Then again, Erskine can play at centre back so I suspect that's where he'll slot in. Dodger seemed confident he saw him in the first video and I'm sure he was furiously peddling away at the back of that spin class. This has got 'YTC Saatchi-esque marketing ploy' written all over it.

You're seeing things mate. Remember Ijaha plays defence too, so can be utilised as a CB I believe, as he was when scoring the above goal for Whitehawk.

This was the biggest flaw in last season's squad for me, far more so than not having sufficient individual footballing ability in any position. We lost Beaney, Weatherstone, Hayles, Acheampong and gained only Okuonghae with similar leadership qualities, then in the spells when he (and Kargbo) was out injured we often looked clueless as soon as anything went wrong especially away from home. You could almost visibly see heads drop whenever we conceded the first goal, which was often shortly followed by another. We must have lost almost every away game in which we conceded first, rare exceptions being the wins at Slough and Hungerford during the early part of the season.

It's as much about character as ability. Most of the individuals who've gone to Welling could still have done a decent job in my opinion, but we weren't going to improve by keeping all of them.

Six central midfielders is odd though, especially at this level. There's no way all six will stick around for very long.
Nonsense! I've had enough of fancy modern football, you can't compete in the big boys league playing like that. We now have the depth and resources to play with a false 9, a false 10 and false wingers.

Strange one this. What do we need another midfield destroyer for when we already have Smith and Tajbakhsh? How are we going to fit all these central midfielders on the pitch (Monlouis, Chapman, Vose)?

He was an extremely dislikeable individual for Welling, too. How about we just give him back to Welling and they give Green back to us?
I’d say we need ‘another midfield destroyer’ So they can rotate when the suspensions kick in...:D

Last edited:
Too many tackling midfielders? What's going on there then, it doesn't seem very Gavin?

How will we fit in all the just off the striker type players?:confused:

Updated to include everyone appearing in pre-season games so far. (I'm guessing the five remaining unconfirmed players from last season have all departed, but I'll leave them there until it's confirmed or they resurface elsewhere.

Confirmed:
Nyren Clunis
Preston Edwards
Aryan Tajbakhsh
Quade Taylor
Dominic Vose
Ryan Case (Oxford City)
Ben Chapman (Gillingham)
David Ijaha (Welling United)

Included in Pre-season Squad:
Dipo Akinyemi
Yannis Ambroisine (Welling United)
Jean-Paul Antwi (Wealdstone)
Terrique Anderson (Charlton Athletic)
Aristede Bassele
Thomas Chambers
Sandro Costa Dias Fernandes (Mildenhall Town)
Ambrose Gnahore (Bischofshofen - Austria)
Darnell Smith (Barnet)

Unconfirmed:
Jacob Erskine
Caio Guimaraes
Simon Jorgensen
Michael Onovwigun
Jamie Splatt

Departed:
Charlie Allen (Welling United)
Ashley Carew (Beckenham Town)
Michael Chambers (Wrexham - triallist)

Loans expired:
George Essuman (Braintree Town)
Jamie Mascoll (released by Charlton Athletic)

Luke Wanadio (Dartford)

Back
Top Bottom