Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet Transfers | Summer 2019 - Spring 2020

I assume the 16 so far confirmed have all signed contracts. I reckon we normally carry around 22 in total including a few non-contract and one or two promoted from the academy. Then there will always be a few triallists during pre-season which may throw up an opportunity to sign someone useful.

With a large influx there's always the danger one or two won't be quite right one way or another (e.g. Lawrence, Pappoe, Figueira last year) and will agree to leave or need to be placed somewhere on loan so we can afford someone else. Maybe another 2 or 3 could be confirmed but I reckon we'll want to give ourselves a bit of room for manoeuvre until the season actually gets underway.

We could sign some quality on loan as well, and with a more intense training regime should have access to better players. Still need a LB and another attacker.

I think Connors is the new left back, RabbleLevi. I'd say we'd need another centre half and a wide player to cover right back and/or one of the wings.
Yeah, Connors is the left back. Desperately need 1/2 new centre backs IMO, I love Quade but he wasn't making our team week in, week out last season even when we were playing three at the back at some points! Wingers we look light, only have Clunis and Monakana at the mo. Hunte can do it, but I think he looked much more threatening in the 10.

Last edited:
If we were playing a match tomorrow I reckon we could field the following side. (For the sake of simplicity I've given preference to those remaining from last season.)

1 Edwards
2 Case
3 Connors
4 Tajbakhsh
5 Taylor
6 Orlu
7 Clunis
8 Vose
9 Mills
10 Hunte
11 Monakana

Subs:
Grainger
Monlouis
Smith
Chapman
Yusuff

Yeah, Connors is the left back. Desperately need 1/2 new centre backs IMO, I love Quade but he wasn't making our team week in, week out last season even when we were playing three at the back at some points! Wingers we look light, only have Clunis and Monakana at the mo. Hunte can do it, but I think he looked much more threatening in the 10.

Agree re: Quade. His best performances last season came when he was playing in midfield! I hope he gets another chance in there.

Retained:
Nyren Clunis
Preston Edwards
Aryan Tajbakhsh
Quade Taylor
Dominic Vose

Arrivals:
Ryan Case (Oxford City)
Ben Chapman (Gillingham)
Jack Connors (Dover Athletic)
Charlie Grainger (Leyton Orient)
Connor Hunte (Billericay Town)
Danny Mills (Ebbsfleet United)
Jeffrey Monakana (Wealdstone)
Kieran Monlouis (Hemel Hempstead)
Richard Orlu (Welling United)
Christian Smith (Wealdstone)
Ade Yusuff (Folkestone Invicta)

Unconfirmed:
Dipo Akinyemi
Charlie Allen
Ashley Carew
Jacob Erskine
Caio Guimaraes
Simon Jorgensen
Michael Onovwigun
Jamie Splatt

Loans expired:
George Essuman (released by Torquay United)
Jamie Mascoll
Luke Wanadio (Dartford)

Departures:
Michael Chambers (Carlisle United - triallist)
Anthony Cook (Welling United)
Nathan Ferguson (Crawley Town)
Nathan Green (Welling United)
Sanchez Ming (Welling United)
Magnus Okuonghae (Welling United)
Jay Rich Baghuelou (Welling United)
Dan Thompson (Kingstonian)

Anyone got time to do a quick update of the retained/signed/departed list? Cheers
I think that's it so far. I'd been waiting to see whether anything was announced today as a lot of full-time players' contracts will have officially expired yesterday.

*Anyone heard anything on Chambers and Cook joining new clubs? I don't do Twitter, but as each announced his departure via that medium presumably they'll spill the beans on their next moves the same way.

*updated as per responses below

Last edited:
Retained:
Nyren Clunis
Preston Edwards
Aryan Tajbakhsh
Quade Taylor
Dominic Vose

Arrivals:
Ryan Case (Oxford City)
Ben Chapman (Gillingham)

Unconfirmed:
Dipo Akinyemi
Charlie Allen
Ashley Carew
Jacob Erskine
Caio Guimaraes
Simon Jorgensen
Michael Onovwigun
Jamie Splatt

Loans expired:
George Essuman
Jamie Mascoll
Luke Wanadio (Dartford)

Departures:
Michael Chambers
Anthony Cook

I think that's it so far. I'd been waiting to see whether anything was announced today as a lot of full-time players' contracts will have officially expired yesterday.

Anyone heard anything on Chambers and Cook joining new clubs? I don't do Twitter, but as each announced his departure via that medium presumably they'll spill the beans on their next moves the same way.

Cook has joined Welling...

Cheers PP

Retained:
Nyren Clunis
Preston Edwards
Aryan Tajbakhsh
Quade Taylor
Dominic Vose

Arrivals:
Ryan Case (Oxford City)
Ben Chapman (Gillingham)

Unconfirmed:
Dipo Akinyemi
Charlie Allen
Ashley Carew
Jacob Erskine
Caio Guimaraes
Simon Jorgensen
Michael Onovwigun
Jamie Splatt

Loans expired:
George Essuman
Jamie Mascoll
Luke Wanadio (Dartford)

Departures:
Michael Chambers
Anthony Cook

Anyone heard anything on Chambers and Cook joining new clubs? I don't do Twitter, but as each announced his departure via that medium presumably they'll spill the beans on their next moves the same way.

Cook has joined Welling...
Hasn't been mentioned on their website or forum yet but they seem to like "saving up" their new signing announcements and doing several at a time.

Wow, didn’t recognise chambers there!
They seem to have found a picture of Dumebi Dumaka playing for Grays against a Welling team that may well have included Michael Chambers, who was there that season. Which one they think is Chambers is anyone's guess. He is currently at Carlisle though

MANAGER: These lads have an opportunity to show us what they can do

Hope it works out and he gets signed. We often have raw young players going on trial during the season and it usually amounts to nothing. However I think having 3 years of regular men's football with us behind him should stand him in good stead, wheras one of the other triallists in that group has played for Everton academy and Cardiff development team, plus a loan spell at Hereford; the players we sign with that sort of background often seem to need a bit of rehabilitation or acclimatisation.

Team that finished 14th and only 2 of the 5 started every game they were available to play in.
But only 1 of the 5 we've retained started every game he was available to play in.

I think most of those who went to Welling could still have played his part in a stronger Hamlet squad, but the transition to a new training regime has probably played a part in some of the departures. And if the manager simply didn't see one or two as part of the future that's his prerogative.

I know very little about most of the newcomers but we've always made continuous progress from one season to the next under Gavin Rose, which is a notable achievement for me. Most managers spending ten years in the same job will have experienced a season or two with a significantly lower performance than the previous season before trying to rebuild again, and that hasn't happened with us.

Back
Top Bottom