Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet Transfers | Summer 2019 - Spring 2020

"Have to say I wasn't that impressed by Chapman".

Moroccan fella I reckon you will be once he has played a few league games

Last edited:
"Have to say I wasn't that impressed by Chapman".

Moroccan fella I reckon you will be once he has played a few league games

I meant that in the sense that he didn't stand out to me, rather than that he underperformed. To be fair, I thought he looked a lot better v Bromley.

Updated to include everyone appearing in pre-season games so far. The recent Southwark News interview with Gavin Rose stated that he hopes to add another centre back, a full back who can cover either side, and another forward. I assume these three players could potentially come from amongst the triallists seen so far, in which case Ambroisine looks a strong contender for the first role based upon game time, Barnes a possible for the second after playing well for 90 minutes yesterday, and possibly Akinyemi for the third seeing as we already know about him; but then there are going to be further players becoming available over the next couple of weeks as other clubs decide they aren't what they're looking for.

Confirmed:
Nyren Clunis
Preston Edwards
Aryan Tajbakhsh
Quade Taylor
Dominic Vose
Ryan Case (Oxford City)
Ben Chapman (Gillingham)
Jack Connors (Dover Athletic)
Charlie Grainger (Leyton Orient)
Connor Hunte (Billericay Town)
David Ijaha (Welling United)
Danny Mills (Ebbsfleet United)
Jeffrey Monakana (Wealdstone)
Kieran Monlouis (Hemel Hempstead)
Richard Orlu (Welling United)
Christian Smith (Wealdstone)
Ade Yusuff (Folkestone Invicta)

Included in Pre-season Squad:
Dipo Akinyemi
Yannis Ambroisine (Welling United)
Jean-Paul Antwi (Wealdstone)
Terrique Anderson (Charlton Athletic)
Aaron Barnes (Colchester United)
Aristede Bassele (ex-Welling United)
Antonio Belo (Stumbras - Lithuania)
Thomas Chambers (ASPIRE Academy)
Sandro Costa Dias Fernandes (Mildenhall Town)
Ambrose Gnahore (Bischofshofen - Austria)
Maliq Morris (ASPIRE Academy)
Darnell Smith (Barnet)
Jamie Splatt
Lewis White (Concord Rangers)

Unconfirmed:
Jacob Erskine
Caio Guimaraes
Simon Jorgensen

Departed:
Charlie Allen (Welling United)
Ashley Carew (Beckenham Town)
Michael Chambers (triallist at Carlisle United and Wrexham)
Anthony Cook (Welling United)
Nathan Ferguson (Crawley Town)

Nathan Green (Welling United)
Sanchez Ming (Welling United)
Magnus Okuonghae (Welling United)
Michael Onovwigun (Carshalton Athletic)

Jay Rich Baghuelou (Welling United)
Dan Thompson (Kingstonian)

Loans expired:
George Essuman (Braintree Town)
Jamie Mascoll (released by Charlton Athletic)
Luke Wanadio (Dartford)

Last edited:
Updated to include everyone appearing in pre-season games so far. The recent Southwark News interview with Gavin Rose stated that he hopes to add another centre back, a full back who can cover either side, and another forward. I assume these three players could potentially come from amongst the triallists seen so far, in which case Ambroisine looks a strong contender for the first role based upon game time, Barnes a possible for the second after playing well for 90 minutes yesterday, and possibly Akinyemi for the third seeing as we already know about him; but then there are going to be further players becoming available over the next couple of weeks as other clubs decide they aren't what they're looking for.

Confirmed:
Nyren Clunis
Preston Edwards
Aryan Tajbakhsh
Quade Taylor
Dominic Vose
Ryan Case (Oxford City)
Ben Chapman (Gillingham)
Jack Connors (Dover Athletic)
Charlie Grainger (Leyton Orient)
Connor Hunte (Billericay Town)
David Ijaha (Welling United)
Danny Mills (Ebbsfleet United)
Jeffrey Monakana (Wealdstone)
Kieran Monlouis (Hemel Hempstead)
Richard Orlu (Welling United)
Christian Smith (Wealdstone)
Ade Yusuff (Folkestone Invicta)

Included in Pre-season Squad:
Dipo Akinyemi
Yannis Ambroisine (Welling United)
Jean-Paul Antwi (Wealdstone)
Terrique Anderson (Charlton Athletic)
Aaron Barnes (Colchester United)
Aristede Bassele (ex-Welling United)
Belo (unkown)
Thomas Chambers (ASPIRE Academy)
Sandro Costa Dias Fernandes (Mildenhall Town)
Ambrose Gnahore (Bischofshofen - Austria)
Maliq Morris (ASPIRE Academy)
Darnell Smith (Barnet)
Jamie Splatt
Lewis White (Concord Rangers)

Unconfirmed:
Jacob Erskine
Caio Guimaraes
Simon Jorgensen

Departed:
Charlie Allen (Welling United)
Ashley Carew (Beckenham Town)
Michael Chambers (triallist at Carlisle United and Wrexham)
Anthony Cook (Welling United)
Nathan Ferguson (Crawley Town)

Nathan Green (Welling United)
Sanchez Ming (Welling United)
Magnus Okuonghae (Welling United)
Michael Onovwigun (Carshalton Athletic)

Jay Rich Baghuelou (Welling United)
Dan Thompson (Kingstonian)

Loans expired:
George Essuman (Braintree Town)
Jamie Mascoll (released by Charlton Athletic)
Luke Wanadio (Dartford)

You down with Monlouis? (Yeah you know me)
Who's down with Monlouis? (This whole party)

Couple of Millwall fans I spoke to on Saturday seemed to think we could have a really good player on our hands if he can stay free of injuries so will be interesting to see how he gets on in the remaining pre-season games (assuming he's still involved).
There seem to be parallels with Reise Allassani when you read about how his career has stalled through injury at the wrong moment, as well as the way he describes himself as a player and even his physique and appearance. He played against us as a substitute in the goalless draw at Concord Rangers in February.

Who on earth is Belo?
He came off the bench against both Bromley and Spurs and that's the only name that was announced for him, in the fashion that players from Portugal/Brazil often seem to go by a single name. I suspect that's where he originates from but it makes googling him for any background information impossible.

Except he wasn't still with us because his contract had expired back in May and he didn't return to training until after other players.
So basically I was right then! He played in the second pre-season match at Chester and was with the matchday squad for subsequent matches. Spin it how you like, he was clearly "here" and not playing or on trial with Wrexham or Orient or Carlisle.

I'm pleased to hear of players being retained, or the best of the triallists signing for us, but these announcements that there's going to be an announcement just seem ridiculous to me when it's something everyone anticipated anyway. If it's already happened why not just tell us in the first place? (No doubt it's all down to generating extra website or Twitter hits, which may be very exciting for some people but not for me)

Last edited:
So basically I was right then! He played in the second pre-season match at Chester and was with the matchday squad for subsequent matches. Spin it how you like, he was clearly "here" and not playing or on trial with Wrexham or Orient or Carlisle.

I'm pleased to hear of players being retained, or the best of the triallists signing for us, but these announcements that there's going to be an announcement just seem ridiculous to me when it's something everyone anticipated anyway. If it's already happened why not just tell us in the first place? (No doubt it's all down to generating extra website or Twitter hits, which may be very exciting for some people but not for me)

Interesting to hear your feedback on this. We’re trying a number of new things across the club media this season and generally this style of announcement seems to go down well on social media.

You have to appreciate that many of our fans don’t come to pre-season games and they’re certainly not scouring the teamsheets to see which players are in the match day squad. These sort of club announcements are for their benefit as much as anything. Equally, there’s every chance that triallists wouldn’t end up being offered a contract.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom