Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet Transfers | Summer 2019 - Spring 2020

Fair enough, never heard of him so can't really comment. Look forward to seeing him.

Interesting point here is the use of the 12th Man fund to sign him. In the past the fund has been drawn on much later in the season (with exception of last season's dire needs), so quite surprised to see this being funded so early. Change in approach?

Has a fee been paid for Nathan Ferguson? Crawley are a league side, Ferguson is a young, powerful attacking player. Surely worth a bob...don’t want to see him go, let alone for nothing...

Interesting point here is the use of the 12th Man fund to sign him. In the past the fund has been drawn on much later in the season (with exception of last season's dire needs), so quite surprised to see this being funded so early. Change in approach?

Possible that the majority of the remaining budget has been assigned to players yet to be announced, and the opportunity to sign Chapman came up and was decided too good to turn down?

I’m absolutely guessing there, by the way.

Has a fee been paid for Nathan Ferguson? Crawley are a league side, Ferguson is a young, powerful attacking player. Surely worth a bob...don’t want to see him go, let alone for nothing...
There is a fee, I saw it confirmed by a club director somewhere (probably on Facebook) but the figure is unlikely to be publicly disclosed.

Possible that the majority of the remaining budget has been assigned to players yet to be announced, and the opportunity to sign Chapman came up and was decided too good to turn down?

I’m absolutely guessing there, by the way.
I can't find the link now, but I found a local news article from around four weeks ago stating that Ben was one of several Gillingham players to be offered a new contract by the club, although they were without a manager at that time. So either he turned it down, or the new manager was appointed before he could sign it and it was agreed he should leave.

I can't find the link now, but I found a local news article from around four weeks ago stating that Ben was one of several Gillingham players to be offered a new contract by the club, although they were without a manager at that time. So either he turned it down, or the new manager was appointed before he could sign it and it was agreed he should leave.

Isn't their new manager Steve Evans? Very good judgement to move on, I'd say.

aaand another:

Orlu could be a good signing for you guys. He's solid and experienced, and as long as you expect him to do nothing more than kick/head the ball away from your goal on a regular basis then he'll do that well.

However, he can't pass a football for shit. So don't ask him to, otherwise your goals against column will start looking pretty scary. It's a shame our manager in 2017/18 couldn't work that out, otherwise we probably wouldn't have been relegated.

Orlu could be a good signing for you guys. He's solid and experienced, and as long as you expect him to do nothing more than kick/head the ball away from your goal on a regular basis then he'll do that well.

However, he can't pass a football for shit. So don't ask him to, otherwise your goals against column will start looking pretty scary. It's a shame our manager in 2017/18 couldn't work that out, otherwise we probably wouldn't have been relegated.

Unusual signing then if that's correct, given that Gav has a clear preference for defensive players that CAN do more than just defend. I guess Wetherstone was a bit limited on ball, but was dangerous at set plays.

Weirdly, this feels like the biggest indication yet of the change in direction the club is taking this season.

We've got two goalkeepers signed on contract for the year seemingly with the intent of creating genuine competition for the role, compared to having a reserve keeper on standby and bringing them in only when needed because the clear first choice wasn't available in seasons past.

The biggest challenge will surely be getting all these new players bedded in and playing as a team, but if that can be tackled quickly we could be in for an interesting season.

Weirdly, this feels like the biggest indication yet of the change in direction the club is taking this season.

We've got two goalkeepers signed on contract for the year seemingly with the intent of creating genuine competition for the role, compared to having a reserve keeper on standby and bringing them in only when needed because the clear first choice wasn't available in seasons past.

The biggest challenge will surely be getting all these new players bedded in and playing as a team, but if that can be tackled quickly we could be in for an interesting season.

Perhaps it also means we'll put a goalie on the bench next season? I'd definitely be in favour of that.

Perhaps it also means we'll put a goalie on the bench next season? I'd definitely be in favour of that.
One thought occurred to me. Is the number of permitted substitutes on the teamsheet going to be raised from 5 to 7 in line with higher leagues and the FA Cup?

Charlie Grainger is aged 23 and was in Orient's first team squad for 5 seasons, so I'd say he's come here with a clear intention of becoming first choice sooner rather than later.

Or two, if we want to avoid a repeat of Weston
Weird that Cook and Thompson each finished his Hamlet career playing in goal in the same match.

Am sure he’ll be doing his one man Follow Friday act on Twitter tomorrow!
I make that 16 confirmed now? With 6 or so unconfirmed who were at the Club last year but haven’t announced elsewhere...? What would be the right target squad size do you think, 22...?
I assume the 16 so far confirmed have all signed contracts. I reckon we normally carry around 22 in total including a few non-contract and one or two promoted from the academy. Then there will always be a few triallists during pre-season which may throw up an opportunity to sign someone useful.

With a large influx there's always the danger one or two won't be quite right one way or another (e.g. Lawrence, Pappoe, Figueira last year) and will agree to leave or need to be placed somewhere on loan so we can afford someone else. Maybe another 2 or 3 could be confirmed but I reckon we'll want to give ourselves a bit of room for manoeuvre until the season actually gets underway.

Back
Top Bottom