Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet Transfers Summer 2020

I like Lewis but he can be very inconsistent. I think he only had a few good games for us last season but hopefully he can get a good run of games and chip in with some goals and assists

The times Lewis did play last season he looked desperately short on self belief. There's a lot of pace and skill in him, but he really needs a couple of goals at our level to cement it. It's an important season for him this year. I'll be honest if it was down to purely budget I'd rather have kept Kearney though.

Given the usual standard of my football and motorcycle racing predictions though, Lewis will probably get a bundle of goals.

The times Lewis did play last season he looked desperately short on self belief.
I think this is the key. There's not too much doubt about his technical quality; he's also one of those lads who would have been told "sorry son, you're too small" 30 or 40 years ago, but that's not such an obstacle these days.

There were a couple of games shortly before he went out on loan when he was very close to grabbing that elusive goal that might have boosted his confidence and self belief, but just didn't quite have the luck or composure at the crucial moment.

The manager clearly has faith in him as a raw young player to offer him another season within a restricted budget and that's good enough for me right now.

No 1pm daily announcement of a new signing so far today.

I think this is the key. There's not too much doubt about his technical quality; he's also one of those lads who would have been told "sorry son, you're too small" 30 or 40 years ago, but that's not such an obstacle these days.

There were a couple of games shortly before he went out on loan when he was very close to grabbing that elusive goal that might have boosted his confidence and self belief, but just didn't quite have the luck or composure at the crucial moment.

The manager clearly has faith in him as a raw young player to offer him another season within a restricted budget and that's good enough for me right now.

No 1pm daily announcement of a new signing so far today.

He scored some nice goals at Carshalton and thats part of the reason why I am still quite high (perhaps overly) on him. Hoping he can hit the ground running when their new season kicks off. Would be interested to know how long he's with them for.

I have (rather sadly) placed the goals in the spoiler below. You get the feeling that he might have missed some of those in a Dulwich shirt earlier that season.

He scored some nice goals at Carshalton and thats part of the reason why I am still quite high (perhaps overly) on him. Hoping he can hit the ground running when their new season kicks off. Would be interested to know how long he's with them for.

I have (rather sadly) placed the goals in the spoiler below. You get the feeling that he might have missed some of those in a Dulwich shirt earlier that season.

Think that's a salient point. If we don't have much cash can we afford to be paying guys to be out on loan?

Also we have released Clunis, Hunte, Ainseworth and Dylan. We have not got many wide/attacking players as it stands. Defence looks good though.

I hope we can sign at least one midfielder who can contribute a few goals.

Looking back to last term that was a big gap, while I agree with the sentiment about Chapman he struggled in front of goal, as did that kid who came from Charlton and all the other 30 year old journeymen who rolled in and collected the cash while contributing very little, goals or otherwise.

Whilst we don't yet have enough confirmed signings I feel those we do have look reliable. I'm sure the picture will become clearer once the friendlies get underway and at least we don't seem to have committed to handing contracts to a load of misfits like last year!

Updated

Confirmed:
*Diogo Barbosa
Aaron Barnes
Jesse Debrah (Millwall)
Jordan Higgs (Bromley)
David Kuagica
Danny Mills
Jeffrey Monakana
*Maliq Morris
*Jamie Splatt
Quade Taylor
Michael Timlin (Stevenage Borough)
Lewis White

Unconfirmed:
Tom Chambers
Charlie Grainger
Shamir Mullings

Loans expired:
Reise Allassani

Departures:
Lionel Ainsworth (Welling United)
Ben Chapman (Ebbsfleet United)
Nyren Clunis (Carshalton Athletic)
Jack Connors
Preston Edwards (Brentwood Town)
Connor Hunte
David Ijaha (Dartford)
Dylan Kearney (Hayes & Yeading)
Marvin McCoy
Kieran Monlouis (Horsham)
Richard Orlu
Christian Smith
Nathan Smith (Welling United)
Aryan Tajbakhsh (Cray Wanderers)
Dominic Vose

* edited

Last edited:
Whilst we don't yet have enough confirmed signings I feel those we do have look reliable. I'm sure the picture will become clearer once the friendlies get underway and at least we don't seem to have committed to handing contracts to a load of misfits like last year!

Updated

Confirmed:
Aaron Barnes
Jesse Debrah (Millwall)
Jordan Higgs (Bromley)
David Kuagica
Danny Mills
Jeffrey Monakana
Quade Taylor
Michael Timlin (Stevenage Borough)
Lewis White

Unconfirmed:

Diogo Barbosa
Tom Chambers
Charlie Grainger
Maliq Morris
Shamir Mullings
Jamie Splatt

Loans expired:
Reise Allassani

Departures:
Lionel Ainsworth (Welling United)
Ben Chapman (Ebbsfleet United)
Nyren Clunis (Carshalton Athletic)
Jack Connors
Preston Edwards (Brentwood Town)
Connor Hunte
David Ijaha
Dylan Kearney (Hayes & Yeading)
Marvin McCoy
Kieran Monlouis
Richard Orlu
Christian Smith
Nathan Smith (Welling United)
Aryan Tajbakhsh
Dominic Vose

Tajbakhsh wasn't on the departures list, was he?

Maliq Morris played in the Spurs friendly.

Half those players werent on the departures list.

Ok half is an exaggeration but Ainsworth, N.Smith werent.

Tajbakhsh wasn't on the departures list, was he?

Maliq Morris played in the Spurs friendly.
Half those players werent on the departures list.

Ok half is an exaggeration but Ainsworth, N.Smith werent.
Various players have posted Twitter messages announcing their own departure, which have been linked on here, and a couple have been reported as playing for other clubs.

The team that played against Spurs hasn't been publicised, other than the Spurs report naming Monakana as our goalscorer, so I've no idea who played on Saturday.

I'm just collating what's in the public domain as accurately as I can.

Various players have posted Twitter messages announcing their own departure, which have been linked on here, and a couple have been reported as playing for other clubs.

The team that played against Spurs hasn't been publicised, other than the Spurs report naming Monakana as our goalscorer, so I've no idea who played on Saturday.

I'm just collating what's in the public domain as accurately as I can.

Certainly not having a go, i'm with ya. Keep the lists coming! Love lists.

Seeing as the club aren't going the A. Trialist route with pre-season line ups, looks like these are some of the new (and less new) players turning out at VCD Athletic:

Fairly Confident:
Patrick Ohman - Goalkeeper - was at Carshalton Athletic and Hendon last year, Chelmsford City before then, as well as Hungerford Town
Aaron Simpson - Defender - a couple of Aaron Simpson's out there, but as he's playing at full back likely to have been with Dover Athletic last season, has also played for Maidstone and Wolverhampton Wanderers
Tobi Coker - Midfield - looks like he was at Braintree Town last season, AFC Hornchurch before that as well as Barnet
Dean Ager - Winger - left Colchester United's academy at the end of last season
Korey Henry - Forward - Korrey Henry who was at Welling United last season, has played previously for Bromley, Braintree Town and Yeovil Town

Guessing a Bit:
Brandon Chambers - could be Brandon Young-Chambers, a full back who played for Romford Town and Chipstead on loan from Bromley last year
Andrew Ajiwole - could be Andrew Ijiwole, who finished his scholarship with Huddersfield Town at the end of last season, in which case he's a winger
Anderson Pinto - possibly Anderson Pinto Nogueira who's seemingly had a career - Walton & Hersham, Hendon, Royston Town amongst others

No Clue:
Marco - I'm imagining a mercurial Brazilian playmaker
Pablo Gonzalez - don't think he's a 35 year old Argentinian striker who's played in Italy for most of his career, but nothing else to go on

Those Who Have Served:
Sanchez Ming - could the bright lights of Dartford not have been enough for Sanchez after all?
Diogo Barbosa - returning after his handful of appearances at the end of last season

Last edited:
Seeing as the club aren't going the A. Trialist route with pre-season line ups, looks like these are some of the new (and less new) players turning out at VCD Athletic:

Fairly Confident:
Patrick Ohman - Goalkeeper - was at Carshalton Athletic and Hendon last year, Chelmsford City before then, as well as Hungerford Town
Aaron Simpson - Defender - a couple of Aaron Simpson's out there, but as he's playing at full back likely to have been with Dover Athletic last season, has also played for Maidstone and Wolverhampton Wanderers
Tobi Coker - Midfield - looks like he was at Braintree Town last season, AFC Hornchurch before that as well as Barnet
Dean Ager - Winger - left Colchester United's academy at the end of last season
Korey Henry - Forward - Korrey Henry who was at Welling United last season, has played previously for Bromley, Braintree Town and Yeovil Town

Guessing a Bit:
Brandon Chambers - could be Brandon Young-Chambers, a full back who played for Romford Town and Chipstead on loan from Bromley last year
Andrew Ajiwole - could be Andrew Ijiwole, who finished his scholarship with Huddersfield Town at the end of last season, in which case he's a winger
Anderson Pinto - possibly Anderson Pinto Nogueira who's seemingly had a career - Walton & Hersham, Hendon, Royston Town amongst others

No Clue:
Marco - I'm imagining a mercurial Brazilian playmaker
Pablo Gonzalez - don't think he's a 35 year old Argentinian striker who's played in Italy for most of his career, but nothing else to go on

Those Who Have Served:
Sanchez Ming - could the bright lights of Dartford not have been enough for Sanchez after all?
Diogo Barbosa - returning after his handful of appearances at the end of last season
Good effort.

Back
Top Bottom