Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Suarez gets 8 match ban

Most fans of most clubs would have reacted the same way that Liverpool's did. The rank amateurish and disgraceful way that the club handled it is what sets this situation apart from any other club and Dalgleish in particular should take a large part of the blame, his behaviour throughout the whole episode was questionable and then he goes and reignites things again after Suarez's comeback game, he must have known that question was coming and all he had to say was 'it is good to have him back' but he could not even manage that.

No matter what Koppites may think, LFC have been made to look like cunts in the eyes of many people both in the football world and now even beyond it, and it is all self inflicted.

Most fans of most clubs would have reacted the same way that Liverpool's did. The rank amateurish and disgraceful way that the club handled it is what sets this situation apart from any other club and Dalgleish in particular should take a large part of the blame, his behaviour throughout the whole episode was questionable and then he goes and reignites things again after Suarez's comeback game, he must have known that question was coming and all he had to say was 'it is good to have him back' but he could not even manage that.

No matter what Koppites may think, LFC have been made to look like cunts in the eyes of many people both in the football world and now even beyond it, and it is all self inflicted.

Hate to say it, but you're right. You cunt.

The FA find 99.5% of all cases that come before them guilty, the proof required is clearly so low its virtually non existant, would Suarez have been found guilty by any other panel/board/court ?, considering Evra withdrew his accusation of a word that we all accept is unacceptable to use in this country, instead saying he was called a word that the panel didnt know if it was a bad word or not and asked a linguistic expert who didnt think it was a bad word, but the FA found Suarez guilty anyway, no witnesses or hard evidence they just took one persons word over another persons word that it was meant in a nasty way.
The FA should have tried the case to a higher standard, as it wasnt the normal was it or wasnt it a dangerous tackle ?, Suarez could get labelled in some quarters because of a kangeroo court verdict, Evra has form for accusing people, lots of people think from what they have read of the evidence in the Suarez case is there was not enough evidence to warrent a guilty verdict, not in most trials/courts.

When Suarez leaves English football [may get hounded out sooner rather than later the way things are going, hope not] or retires i wonder if he will say what he thinks about Evra, the English FA, the English press and football in England in general.

The FA find 99.5% of all cases that come before them guilty, the proof required is clearly so low its virtually non existant, would Suarez have been found guilty by any other panel/board/court ?, considering Evra withdrew his accusation of a word that we all accept is unacceptable to use in this country, instead saying he was called a word that the panel didnt know if it was a bad word or not and asked a linguistic expert who didnt think it was a bad word, but the FA found Suarez guilty anyway, no witnesses or hard evidence they just took one persons word over another persons word that it was meant in a nasty way.
The FA should have tried the case to a higher standard, as it wasnt the normal was it or wasnt it a dangerous tackle ?, Suarez could get labelled in some quarters because of a kangeroo court verdict, Evra has form for accusing people, lots of people think from what they have read of the evidence in the Suarez case is there was not enough evidence to warrent a guilty verdict, not in most trials/courts.

When Suarez leaves English football [may get hounded out sooner rather than later the way things are going, hope not] or retires i wonder if he will say what he thinks about Evra, the English FA, the English press and football in England in general.
Bit fuckin late aren't you?

Please tell me who Evra has accused before?

Have you read the report? Suarez is damned by his own stupidity and his own teammates testimony.

God, you're stupid.

Only Suarez admitted using the word, and the linguistic expert confirmed it was offensive in his country, which would seem pretty cut and dried to me, but there you go. It's probably the English nazis fault though, I'm sure.

Uraguayan President begs to differ with 'expert 'opinion :

Jose Mujica felt the situation surrounding the 25-year-old Liverpool player and his eight-match ban for racially abusing Manchester United's Patrice Evra had been over-hyped.
Speaking to Uruguayan radio station M24, the president said: "There is solidarity with Suarez. Suarez is not a racist and never will be."
In a separate interview, with weekly newspaper Busqueda, he added that the case had been "exaggerated".
"There is nothing racist," said Mujica, adding that "some do not understand" Suarez and did not study "diplomatic protocol".
Mujica added: "He's a young genius on the football field, (and) humble."

The president's support came hours after Uruguay captain Diego Lugano gave his backing to his international team-mate in the wake of more criticism for not shaking Evra's hand in last weekend's 2-1 defeat at Old Trafford.
"Keep in mind that England is a country historically colonial and racism is very delicate, but we know that has nothing to do with the relationship between Luis and the United player," he told Uruguayan television station Canal 10.
Lugano added that Suarez "has gone through a few months he did not deserve".
"All of us in football know it's a big circus. For what did Luis on Saturday must have balls. He followed his convictions," said the defender who plays for Paris Saint Germain - the side today linked with a summer move for Suarez.
"We live in a democracy and if you do not want to greet someone, do not greet them."

Chelsea groundstaff, Senegal supporters.
So he's basically someone who reports racial abuse when he hears it.

You think other black players never get racial abuse? Of course they do. They just don't report it - and given the grief Evra's getting, is that surprising?

You think other black players never get racial abuse? Of course they do. They just don't report it - and given the grief Evra's getting, is that surprising?

Quite the opposite in Evra's case about reporting racial abuse as there wasn't any.

In the Chelsea case he actually said that he hadn't heard the alleged remark. The alleged remark was found to be fictitious , Evra was found guilty of assualting two Chelsea staff and the FA concluded 'We find Mr Evra’s account exaggerated and unreliable.'

Phelan and Hartis , Utds goalkeeping coach ( he must have his hands full with DeGea) , were the ones who was stated by the FA to have allegedly heard the 'racist remark'. The FA concluded 'Mr Phelan particularly did not impress us.
We were also not convinced by Mr Hartis, who claims to have heard the same remark from a position at a similar distance from Mr Bethell. We prefer the evidence of Mr Bethell himself.'

In other words they were lying.

Know what, if ever something like this happened to an England player, David Cameron is the man I'd want an opinion from.

The right wing are in opposition, its the Broad Front , an alliance of leftist groups, who make up the government.
Obviously Uraguay is a small country , been subjected to colonialism by Spain, invaded by Portugal and Britain who you shouldn't know anything about before expressing an opinion. They are not worthy.

The right wing are in opposition, its the Broad Front , an alliance of leftist groups, who make up the government.
Obviously Uraguay is a small country , been subjected to colonialism by Spain, invaded by Portugal and Britain who you shouldn't know anything about before expressing an opinion. They are not worthy.
Yeah, that's what I said. I couldn't give a toss what the president of Uruguay thinks, tbh. I don't need to hear his opinion to form mine.

and? Is a linguist? Is he a black Uruguayan? Can he, as a politician in a country where football is popular and Suarez is one of the stars of the national team, be considered objective?

so only black people can express a view on racism? LOL! You ought to have read the John Barnes article on racism in the Times this week.

Also read up a bit on Uruguay before you come in with your dismisal of jonny wop

Chelsea groundstaff, Senegal supporters.
you're either an idiotic unwittingly spreading lies or a liar.

Evra did not report the Chelsea groundsman for racist remarks, or Finnan before that

read this you clown, it's from a Liverpool fan

as for the Senegal incident, he never described it as racism, he wasn't happy about it, but he didn't describe them as racist because they called him "a white mans monkey" for choosing to play for France. Welbeck got similar from Ghana fans but again I don't think he presented as racist.

But hey you can't trust them blacks, always playing the race card, chip on the shoulder etc

Keep on spinning lies, just like your classless cunt of a club, whose offical columnist took to twitter to make these accusations against Evra. I feel sorry for the decent Liverpool fans who have been made to look like wankers, especially those fans who stood up for the truth and sought to debunk these lies.

you're either an idiotic unwittingly spreading lies or a liar.

Evra did not report the Chelsea groundsman for racist remarks, or Finnan before that

read this you clown, it's from a Liverpool fan

as for the Senegal incident, he never described it as racism, he wasn't happy about it, but he didn't describe them as racist because they called him "a white mans monkey" for choosing to play for France. Welbeck got similar from Ghana fans but again I don't think he presented as racist.

But hey you can't trust them blacks, always playing the race card, chip on the shoulder etc

Keep on spinning lies, just like your classless cunt of a club, whose offical columnist took to twitter to make these accusations against Evra. I feel sorry for the decent Liverpool fans who have been made to look like wankers, especially those fans who stood up for the truth and sought to debunk these lies.
Evra went along with the Chelsea groundsman thing, Evra was banned for 4 games for striking a groundsman, Evra led a mutiny of the French national team and was banned, does that make Evra a reliable witness in lots of peoples books ?
Classless c**t of a club you say, im not a Liverpool.:p

Evra went along with the Chelsea groundsman thing, Evra was banned for 4 games for striking a groundsman, Evra led a mutiny of the French national team and was banned, does that make Evra a reliable witness in lots of peoples books ?
Classless c**t of a club you say, im not a Liverpool.:p

Evra didn't say he was racially abused by the groundsman in fact he testified he never heard any racist abuse.

What the fuck does Evras row with a groundsman got to do with anything, or his heroic uprising against French management, got to do with the value of his word regarding racism? If he was a liar surely he would have said he had heard racism from the groundsman?

Suarez on the otherhand was banned for biting another player during a game and is known for doing almost anything to win. Furthermore Evra himself has said he does not think Suarez is racist per se but did engage in racist abuse.

I suppose Kuyt is another liar, considering his statement matched up with Evras?

Still you can't trust those blacks, especially not the uppity ones...

so only black people can express a view on racism? LOL! You ought to have read the John Barnes article on racism in the Times this week.

Also read up a bit on Uruguay before you come in with your dismisal of jonny wop
Except I mentioned two other aspects, didn't I? He could also be, for example, a white person without an obvious populist reason to support Suarez, or perhaps somebody with a professional knowledge of the nuances of language and context. So your point is utter bollocks, based on deliberately misinterpreting what I said.

And whilst I only know a handful of Uruguayans, my partner is from the culturally almost identical Argentina so I'm guesing I'm a bit closer to understanding cultural nuance in Uruguay than you are. Not that matters, when the case is so utterly cut and dried.

oh, and an aside, brilliantly stupid implication that because the president is from the Left he defacto can't be defending racism. Because no left-wing politician has ever done anything racist ever. GENIUS!

what bit of cultural nuance am I missing in "because you are black" given in response to Evra asking why Suarez kicked him, or for that matter "I don't talk to blacks"?

Evra didn't say he was racially abused by the groundsman in fact he testified he never heard any racist abuse.

What the fuck does Evras row with a groundsman got to do with anything, or his heroic uprising against French management, got to do with the value of his word regarding racism? If he was a liar surely he would have said he had heard racism from the groundsman?

Suarez on the otherhand was banned for biting another player during a game and is known for doing almost anything to win. Furthermore Evra himself has said he does not think Suarez is racist per se but did engage in racist abuse.

I suppose Kuyt is another liar, considering his statement matched up with Evras?

Still you can't trust those blacks, especially not the uppity ones...
It is not the first time that Evra has given evidence to an fa tribunal, and seeing as the last time it was Evra that was seen as the inconsistent one and was found guilty and banned, Evra this time was likely to be well prepared, Suarez apparently used a translator to speak to the panel.

Evra is apparently a Spanish speaker, yet he mistranslates a word he should understand ?, if has mistranslated that, why should we take as fact everything that he is translating and giving as evidence ?
Also, he says to the ref during the game that he has been called a ''blah blah'' so was he mistaken at that point ? and then at what point did he admit to mistranslating it ?, after he had heard what Suarez version was and after there was no video evidence forthcoming ?

right the FA decided to just pick on Suarez and go with the word of a player they had previously disciplined? Likewise I imagine the Liverpool players whose statements match that of Evra's are also in on this conspiracy?

Did the FA also take control of Suarez's brain (what little there is) and make him construct an absurd defence on the basis that referring to someones skin is an act of endearment where he's from, even when you are having a confrontational rough?

Fuck the tribalism of United v Liverpool for a minute and think about how you are justifying a racist prick and spreading lies and falsehood in order to do so. Lies and falsehoods that all carry a none to subtle subtext of chips on shoulders and uppity blacks.

Address the following points 'revol68' that Evra is apparently a Spanish speaker, yet he mistranslates a word he should understand ?, if has mistranslated that, why should we take as fact everything that he is translating and then giving as evidence ?
Also, he says to the ref during the game that he has been called a ''blah blah'' so was he mistaken at that point ? and then at what point did he admit to mistranslating it ?, after he had heard what Suarez version was and after there was no video evidence forthcoming ?

Also would Suarez had been found guilty by a court/panel/board that had a higher proof of burden than the English FA ?, who apparently find 99.5% of all cases put before it as guilty.

Good on Mario and Yaya for complaining about those twats last night.

Back
Top Bottom