Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Stunning pictures of the North

Isn't Wherneside meant to be really boring? I should probably go up it to see for myself as it's the only one of the Yorkshire three peaks I've not been up, but everyone just complains about it when I ask them. Long and boring, apparently? :hmm:

I'm up for whatever, though.

Isn't Wherneside meant to be really boring? I should probably go up it to see for myself as it's the only one of the Yorkshire three peaks I've not been up, but everyone just complains about it when I ask them. Long and boring, apparently? :hmm:

I'm up for whatever, though.

Don't know whether it boring or not - never been up it either. But its the highest point in Yorkshire, so the county top - if it is boring then be extension the whole of Yorkshire is boring too. :p

But the other one I posted is Ingleborough instead - a wee bit longer but still perfectly doable in a day. :)

Don't know whether it boring or not - never been up it either. But its the highest point in Yorkshire, so the county top - if it is boring then be extension the whole of Yorkshire is boring too. :p

But the other one I posted is Ingleborough instead - a wee bit longer but still perfectly doable in a day. :)

Oh aye, they're all easy to do. I went up and down Ingleborough in about 2 hours earlier this year. You can do all three and the walking between them in under 12 hours, easily. I've never attempted more than one per day though :)

Ambleside, Lake District. Massively touristy so a bit claustrophobic, but a lovely place nonetheless. They also have good mint cake shops with some odd varieties that you don't see one sale elsewhere.

Ambleside.jpg
What cracks me up about Ambleside and quite a few other lake district places are the small town devoted to walking attire shops and nice cakes for people who love walking in the lakes but a mile out of the town, there is not a soul to be seen as people go to well, amble in expensive walking shoes that have never seen a summit.

What cracks me up about Ambleside and quite a few other lake district places are the small town devoted to walking attire shops and nice cakes for people who love walking in the lakes but a mile out of the town, there is not a soul to be seen as people go to well, amble in expensive walking shoes that have never seen a summit.

I know what you mean. I suppose the manufacturers and retailers couldn't care less whether people use for their intended purposes.

York is the most desirable place to live according to a recent poll farmerbarleymow, so you're not alone. And that street name and numbering system is superb.

neonwilderness - you've started a trend now! Stunning threads popping up all over the place :cool:

I think York is lovely not only because of its deep history but that it feels calm and peaceful, at least compared to other places. Sadly I'll almost certainly not live there, but hey ho!

Back
Top Bottom