Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Stunning pictures of the North

Striding Edge

dsc03631copy.jpg
That is just stunning

No stunning pictures of it that I can find, then. I always called it mini Stoodley :)

Lumb Falls, Hebden Bridge
Lcq8CuB.jpg
That's 20 minutes walk from me and I've walked there loads but your photo makes it look a bit more magical than I've ever seen it :D

That's 20 minutes walk from me and I've walked there loads but your photo makes it look a bit more magical than I've ever seen it :D

Yep, I found some even more 'magical' looking ones, but I liked this one best.

I was there two years ago in the snow and it had frozen over for the first time in years and it truly did look magical. It was a treacherous climb to get back to the road though! :eek:

Yep, I found some even more 'magical' looking ones, but I liked this one best.

I was there two years ago in the snow and it had frozen over for the first time in years and it truly did look magical. It was a treacherous climb to get back to the road though! :eek:
Next time you're out this way for a ramble, let me know :)

The 2014 Tour de France is coming down through Pecket and then heading up Cragg Vale. Cragg Vale is apparently the longest continuing incline in Britain.

I nicked that from the Tour's website ;)

I've cycled down it, but never up. I did attempt to cycle up to Pecket from Hebden but I had to get off and push before I was even out of the woods. Killer!

Next time your out this way for a ramble, let me know :)

My ex was from there, so I am unlikely to be making anywhere near as many trips as I used to. I used to be there every month or so!

edit: but of course will let you know if I do :cool:

Course I don't. You have demonstrated excellent organisational skills. You organise it :p I'll come along though :)

I was waiting for that! :D

Let me have a think of what might be suitable - and within fairly easy travel distance for the likely attendees. If anyone else would be up for a walk let me know. :)

I went to a pub somewhere near Wensleydale to watch a friend compete in the Cheese Triathlon or something like that :confused: Anyway, this pub had a waterfall out the back. Does anyone know what it's called? Wolfie thinks it had a dragon in the name.

Thornton Force, near Ingleton. The walk along the cascades of the Twiss and the Doe are amazing, and worth the entry fee (it is private land sadly). The last time I was there must have been twenty or more years ago on a geology field trip (there's an important geological feature at this waterfall, which can be seen in this picture).

Artistic picture:

600Thornton-Force-7206.jpg

Angry picture:

flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

There's another waterfall somewhere in the North that you can walk behind - you approach it by a path on the right hand side of the fall. I went there as a kid (must have been around 7 or so), and my mam has some awful photos of me and my sister, with me wearing a parka and basin hair cut. I can't remember what it is called, so does anyone know what it is called?

Back
Top Bottom