Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Stunning pictures of the North

Malham, N. Yorks

29O2Xq1.jpg

Skye?! If we're posting Scotland pics then there's a world of stunning pics waiting for us. I was hoping weepiper or someone would start a mundane and/or stunning thread in the Scotland forum. But if not, then I guess we can claim it as the North! :cool:
Hmm I think you're right, a thread on the Scottish forum would be better

It's a mundane sight, but I think the pic is stunning? We're in danger of making the North entirely about the national parks in this thread. Which, when you consider the state of some of the towns, might be fair enough. I dunno?

Large parts of the North are part of National Parks - we seem to have more than our fair share. But there's plenty of other stuff that isn't within NP boundaries, and is equally lovely. :)

Large parts of the North are part of National Parks - we seem to have more than our fair share. But there's plenty of other stuff that isn't within NP boundaries, and is equally lovely. :)

Agreed, and by NP I meant including the picturesque bits of countryside between them. But are we really saying that no towns/cities can appear in this thread? That not one mundane sight can be stunning? That just re-enforces the "grim North" stereotype, I think. Fair enough, that steelworks isn't something I'd choose to be there, but that pic of it shows that even the ugliest of structures can be beautiful and appreciated. And it's part of what made the North what it is.

We can't ignore our history! :)

Back
Top Bottom