Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Strike!

the bloke from the head teachers union who spoke, spoke too long. He wasn't wrong in what he was saying though. Just went on a bit.

Be fucked if I'd want olose a days pay in the run up to christmas just because some union cunt wants to be seen on the telly.

And out wheelie bins have been emptied as normal this morning.

Brighton and Hove won't be taking the money off strikers until Feb 2012...which shows some sort of solidarity.

Cheers - Louis MacNeice

Hey man, instant La Monte Young drone album at your fingertips!

(Were they in force on a demo you were on today, DC?)

in the square where there was speeches the blat drone accompanied every good point and pause, drowning out the claps. I looked for the cunts wielding the satanic horn but couldn't see them.

Cracking turnout in Bristol. Very civilised march and rally.
Almost took me back to 1978 or thereabouts and that would probably have been a Sunday.

Someone who was on the Glasgow march has just posted a status update that says the STUC are claiming 20,000 were on that. He thinks more.

crossposted from the other thread:

Went to the university of Birmingham in the morning. loads of security present who were waving cars through and trying to be intimidating, plus 4 senior managers. Lots of students out in support of the lecturers (more students than lecturers actually, though UCU were spread around 5 entrances at least, whereas all the students were at the main gates.

Birmingham demo was good - Birmingham Mail are saying around 10,000 and it was at least that - took nearly half an hour to walk past, width of one side of a road (2 and a bit car widths).
Too big for me to really guess a number anyway.

Couple of more militant groups on the march - IWW with their guillotine - I'll find a picture later - and occupy birmingham.. but only to the extent of more militant chants.

Having said that, the march happening at all is a bit more militant than usual, as the council tried to charge £10k for the march and the unions refused to pay and said they would march anyway, and did. I don't remember seeing any police at all, just stewards. I imagine there must have been some police around though.

Didn't go to the rally to listen to Brendan Barber and the like.

Bristol's Daily Fail lite has downplayed the event and posted an amazingly lack-lustre photo - they say 10,000, organisers were giving police estimates of 20,000

DSCN5820.JPG

Manchester.
Public-sector-workers-mar-004.jpg

Just got back from Brighton rally & march. What a fucking fantastic turnout. At a guess i'd say 10-15,000. Far more positive support from the public than negative this time.

My GMB goods turned up before time (thanks B50) & we had far more support on the picket than i thought.

Dead on my feet, time for a beer!

In solidarity :cool:

hmm, what? There are 28,000 students at the university, and the lecturers were spread around different gates.. I'm not going to say the turnout from lecturers was good or anything, but I also have no idea how many stayed home but didn't go on the picket line

Massive demo in Birmingham, biggest for years, at least 10,000 I reckon. Despite the council trying to scupper it!

Thousands out in oxford, brookes university out but oxford university not. The marchers just keep on coming!.

Back
Top Bottom