Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Strictly Come Dancing 2021

I’ve just caught up as I totally forgot it was on last night until my mate texted me about a dress.

Nothing really to say that hasn’t been except Strictly is going to kill my vague crush on Greg Wise unless he stops pulling those fucking faces. 😄

I really really can’t stand Dan Walker so I hope he’s shit and goes soon.
I’m trying not to hold my hatred of Gordon Ramsey against his poor child so hopefully he doesn’t show up too often.

One last thing, those fucking vocals. Seriously, why do they keep them year after year. It’s embarrassing and Shake It Off was one of the worst things I’ve ever heard.

Just caught up
AJ - blimey! I love her to bits. And I'm developing a crush on Kai too so one of my fave couples.
John and Johannes - ooh gave me shivers. When those 2 do a rumba I think I might have a bit of a moment.
Katie - meh, not particularly memorable
Greg Wise I'm finding as irritating as hell. And didn't Karen have a face on her going up the stairs
Dan Walker surprisingly has found a personality and I like him much more than I thought I would.
Nina Wadia- that dress was an abomination and made her look like she had no neck and shoulders up around her ears. That spoiled the dance for me. Do better next time Wardrobe!
Rhys - contain his energy well - was concerned he'd be a bit frenetic. Will go far unless the SCD traditionally racist divide kicks in
Adam Peaty's bum should get points just for being there
Ugo - head to toe fluorescent pink was arresting but distracted from his dancing. Which may have been the point
Poor Tilly is hampered by my irrational dislike of her partner, who is probably a very nice chap but has a face I'd like to punch
Tom Fletcher - meh. Needs to up the ante a bit
Robert Webb - someone in Wardrobe is having a laugh. Entertaining but not a particularly good dance in any technical sense
Rose - fabulous dress, amazing that someone who can't hear the music can move that well to it! I've got a feeling she's going to improve in leaps and bounds
Judy - loved that American Smooth!
I like Sarah but I think she's going to struggle

Here is the thread!

I rather loved it all last night. No one was Widdecome-dreadful, though the first four or five out seem evident. Bloody hundreds of them, is it more than usual this year? Not sure we needed two young soap women and teen Tilly. The swimming lad was cute. I liked him. And Greg Wise was fine and will try hard. Robert Webb otoh is clearly much more annoying in real life than I’d imagined. He’s constantly mugging and clowning. I do not like.

John and Johannes was wonderful and important. I’m glad John can dance.

AJ was pretty great. Not nines for me, on replay - her legs are a little unfocused compared to his. I also thought the cbbc lad was very impressive.

I need to rewatch Judy’s. There was something I didn’t like about it at the time.

Obviously Dragon’s den woman was weakest, but if you took all the dubious comedy out of Robert Webb’s I don’t think they were that far apart.

Just caught up and loved it all apart from Tilly and Hollyoaks woman, both of which I found very dull.

:eek: That’s going to fuck with the mcfly tour.

I‘m way too hungover to type anything more coherent other than I concur with QueenOfGoths 100%

I was at a friends house for dinner and there were two 12 year old girls watching it and dancing while we ate dinner. I really wanted to be in two places at once. They sounded like they were having the best time ❤️

Just caught up. Loved AJ, Adam, John, Rhys, Nina and, surprisingly, Dan Walker. Greg was good and the Beeb must be delighted to have Emma Thompson in the audience.

I was astonished to se that Sarah Davies is only 37! I thought she was my age at least.

Just caught up. Loved AJ, Adam, John, Rhys, Nina and, surprisingly, Dan Walker. Greg was good and the Beeb must be delighted to have Emma Thompson in the audience.

I was astonished to se that Sarah Davies is only 37! I thought she was my age at least.
Wow. Me too. She comes across really properly middle aged.

Watched the first half on Monday but have only just managed to do the second. The first half was pretty good, but the second half, blimey o’reilly, astoundingly good. Webb’s rubbish but highly entertaining, thingy and doodah were pretty decent. But the final three look pretty set already. AJ!! Adam! Cake Guy!!!

Back
Top Bottom