Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Strawberry Fair, Cambridge (June 7th)

Met Office said:
Predominantly fair and quite warm with just one or two light showers. Rather wet in the southeast on Friday and in the northwest on Sunday.

This festival seems charmed. Its been good weather every year for all the years I've been.

So when are people getting the train?

If everyone gets to the station at the same time then we can take advantage of the 4 ticket offer.

i might get off one stop before and get a cab or summat :D

I'd definately recommend that!

Me and my mate got searched last year.. looked very much like the copper had decided I was going to be searched before the dog even got near me!

We were there for fucking ages and subsequently I missed Back To The Planet who were one of the main reasons I'd travelled down from the Midlands.

It wasn't just the searches that pissed me off, it was that fact that you had to wait for fucking ages whilst they PNC'd everyone searched, whether you had anything on you or not :mad:

Not a nice welcome to Cambridge tbh. Once out of the station though I thought that the police presence was pretty low. Especially considering how many people were at the festival, and how many of them were very pissed.

It's put me off going tbh. It's a long way for me to go to go and drink in a park and to get all that hassle. :(

Saturday's weather looks really good :)

Rutita1 said:
Liverpool St/Tottenham hale are easier routes for me though.

Of course. :) I shall see you there rutita hopefully, I'm thinking of getting the train mid morning from Kings X but obv. it's easier for you to go from Liverpool St. :cool: (it's about the same for me so I'll get the quicker train. :D)

Saturday's weather looks really good :)

Of course. :) I shall see you there rutita hopefully, )

I was thinking about giving it a miss this year and only going to Stokefest but all this talk of good weather is changing my mind;)....we have always had a great time at Strawberry Fair, including the 20 last minute dash and shenanigans to make the last train home....Let's see, if the weather is good it will be hard for me to resist. :D

i might get off one stop before and get a cab or summat :D

Royston I believe, about 15 miles from town. Just need to make sure you don't catch the express train from Kings X as it's non-stop all the way to Cambridge, although the stopping one only takes about 15 mins longer if that :)

I wasn't dodging the fare but still got stung with a fine by some pug-faced, pen-pushing twat who cheated me out of my money (he claimed that if I could prove that there were no signs warning that you needed a ticket before boarding the train at Kings X, I'd get my money back. I took photos to prove that was the case, but like fuck did I get my dollar back).
Fair play to you for going back with the photos though :D

Cool I won't have much on me anyway, just don't want to get my green confiscated at the start of the day...

I was thinking about giving it a miss this year and only going to Stokefest but all this talk of good weather is changing my mind;)....we have always had a great time at Strawberry Fair, including the 20 last minute dash and shenanigans to make the last train home....Let's see, if the weather is good it will be hard for me to resist. :D

Yeh if it's gonna rain I won't go either lol

If not then it'll be Stokefest the next day :cool:

Damn BBC says rain in Cambridge Saturday and rain for London Sunday now. Bet you anything they'll change their minds a few times in the next 24 hours though. I'm still going to both though, got the tickets now. Paradise gardens was plenty of fun the other sunday even with no sun. Perhaps we'd all better pack heavy rain gear just to ensure it's sunny.

Perhaps we'd all better pack heavy rain gear just to ensure it's sunny.

Standard procedure for going within 30 miles of Cambridge. I shall have poncho and probably tent pegs to fasten it down with if the wind gets up as well. (It's fifteen years since I lived there, and the wind still scares me!)

Nah not worried about being stopped and caught so much as why the fuck do we need police everywhere? I'm going for a nice day out in the countryside, picnic, lover, dog, why do the police feel the need to search me? :confused::mad:

According to this character, it is to reassure you! :rolleyes:

BTP replicates similar reassurance-type operations throughout the year at various events across the South of England including Luton Carnival, Marlow Regatta, Glastonbury and Reading Festivals. All these pre-planned operations produce a relatively high number of pro-actively sought arrests, mainly for drugs offences.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/cn_news_letters/displayarticle.asp?id=315885

So, do you feel safer? :hmm: :(

Yep. You can expect to meet a bunch of bullying cunts in the form of inspectors at Cambridge station as well as a full body search from the cops.

Just to clarify -- this arseholery was from the ticket inspectors in collaboration with the British Transport Police ...

On site, the Cambridgeshire Police have traditionally been quite unobtrusive, fairly few in number, and reasonably laid back. Once you get on the Common, just be sensible is all .... ;)

The Cambridge Evening News can suck my fucking cock, the fuckwits. One of the worst 'newspapers' in the country IMO.

The Cambridge Evening News can suck my fucking cock, the fuckwits. One of the worst 'newspapers' in the country IMO.

When there was a Gong Appreciation Society in Cambridge, the Evening News ran a headline "GAS BLASTS ROCK ROYSTON". That got integrated into the posters for a while.

But apart from that, tell us how you think about it?

Back
Top Bottom