Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Strawberry Fair, Cambridge (June 7th)

i haven't been to this for about 12 years.. about time to rectify that. is there a rendezvous arranged?

I was gonna say that, I'm now definitely going and wanna meet up but i'm not wearing some sort of weird sandwich man placard :) so is there a home refuge type place that's been arranged ? (looks like it might rain though :(

Randomly I dont suppose anyone whose going speaks german ? cos pigeon english with my new girlfriend is forming a right mystery.

those weather thingies are annoying though - i remember a few years back, when they forcast constant downpours, so quite a few people changed their minds about coming........

and it was blazing hot all day long! :rolleyes: :mad:

You're right. They're fluctuating quite a bit for Cambridge on Saturday at the moment ;) ( :eek: )

Ignore any foecasts til Thursday, will stick spikes in my hands to stop myself posting about it til then ...

No meetup fixed yet, but the best place is -- surely? -- the second beer tent at the very centre of the site. The one with the Acoustic Stage attached, ie NOT the main/biggest beer tent on the Western edge of the site that has inflatable strawberries on the roof.

There should be a bunch of us there for most of the time from early afternoon ....

Disajecta asked about recognition .... Get trashed enough to approach randoms outside the beer tent and burble about Urban75. They'll either look uncomprehending or welcome you in!! :p

Just looked on the Strawberry Fair website and it says no glass on site - does this mean they'll be searching bags? I'll have my tequila selling bits (measures and shot glasses) for the weekend on me and I don't fancy having all that taken off me.

Just looked on the Strawberry Fair website and it says no glass on site - does this mean they'll be searching bags? I'll have my tequila selling bits (measures and shot glasses) for the weekend on me and I don't fancy having all that taken off me.

There's no way in practice that they can search anything up to 20,000 or so thousand people (figure for a nice day), coming onto an open common :eek:

I guess they are discouraging glass, and strongly encouraging people not to leave or break it. And if the organisers have any sense, there'll be recycling for glass (even though it's officially 'banned') as well as for cans etc.

Hope you've got a licence to sell alcohol. :hmm:

So hard, I've been drinking all evening til now :p

Unspiked tho .... well it IS midweek :p :D

distracts self's attention from worried weather thoughts ... I got soaked THREE times today! :mad: :hmm:

merciless searching at trainstation between 9am and 3pm.

otherwise, pretty d'd chill.

No meetup fixed yet, but the best place is -- surely? -- the second beer tent at the very centre of the site. The one with the Acoustic Stage attached

there are always a bunch of urbanites as close to that bar as you can get and still have a large mixed bunch in sun/shade/wet/dry/earshot of band/out of earshot of band.

Look for: people being pedantic about the beer, the crack of nitrous, several chaps twirling taches, too many cameras, someone posting on a mobile, and - if all else fails - ask for Cillet Bang.

A little reminder for anyone planning to get the train.

Last year the police had the station on lock down and were stop and searching anyone they could, they had sniffer dogs to.

It took many people half an hour or more to leave the station.

We managed to avoid this by going to the toilets and then leaving by the side exit into the car park.

Yeh I've heard about the police pressence can't say I'm too happy about the prospect. :rolleyes:

Also, if there's a group of 4 or more it's really worth getting groupsave to save a bit of dosh on the train fare. :)

I checked and you can use it on the Kings Cross to London train.

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/promotions/pr354fdc0a0400020101fea1769fbf60/details.html

We use the group saver tickets every year Zenie, it's a great deal. :) We leave from Liverpool Street or Tottenham Hale.

Last year was my first experience of the police coming down hard at the station. I'd imagine they'll be doing the same this year.

Yep. You can expect to meet a bunch of bullying cunts in the form of inspectors at Cambridge station as well as a full body search from the cops.

We use the group saver tickets every year Zenie, it's a great deal. :) We leave from Liverpool Street or Tottenham Hale.

Last year was my first experience of the police coming down hard at the station. I'd imagine they'll be doing the same this year.

Oh really? i didn't know you could get a train from there, wonder if there's a dofference in time from Liverpoll St.

I'm a bit bothered about all this police talk :(

Don't be worried love, be creative!:D

Nah not worried about being stopped and caught so much as why the fuck do we need police everywhere? I'm going for a nice day out in the countryside, picnic, lover, dog, why do the police feel the need to search me? :confused::mad::hmm:

Easy for the figures innit. Big concentration of people, bound to be a few fare dodgers and people with some drugs on 'em. And if you find a kid or better! two with knives, major PR victory as you've stopped gang activities. Probably gang wars planned via the internets :mad:. And the only people you upset are people like us and kids, no-one important or middle class.

It's a win-win situation for the cops.

i thought it was quicker from Kings X.

i bet double check before i leave on Saturday :D

i might get off one stop before and get a cab or summat :D

Easy for the figures innit. Big concentration of people, bound to be a few fare dodgers and people with some drugs on 'em. And if you find a kid or better! two with knives, major PR victory as you've stopped gang activities.
I wasn't dodging the fare but still got stung with a fine by some pug-faced, pen-pushing twat who cheated me out of my money (he claimed that if I could prove that there were no signs warning that you needed a ticket before boarding the train at Kings X, I'd get my money back. I took photos to prove that was the case, but like fuck did I get my dollar back).

Back
Top Bottom