Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Strawberry Fair, Cambridge (June 7th)

Or the Kingston if you want ale and a garden.

The Kingston is excellent for beer! :cool:

BUT the Old Spring (previosuly unknown to me, and I thought I knew the best Cambridge alehouses!) looks truly excellent on that BITE review ....

Live and Let Live to close, though? Sounds insane :( :mad: :eek: it's such a good pub ... Deb and I will be going there tonight to give it some custom, on our way to the Fort later.

Anyway hopefully a pub retreat will be unnecessary tomorrow .... is it raining in Cambridge now?

You can smoke outside The Live, just not if there's hordes of you. Which is fair enough as it's on an extremely residential street.
Not raining here for now....

The Elm Tree (in my dim recollection) always used to be good, maybe it's got even better now, judging from Stig's mention.

So many pub choices! Hopefully they won't be necessary tomorrow though, at least not til after the end!! :D

:eek:

The Kingston is excellent for beer!

BUT the Old Spring (previosuly unknown to me, and I thought I knew the best Cambridge alehouses!) looks truly excellent on that BITE review ....

Live and Let Live to close, though? Sounds insane :( :mad: :eek: it's such a good pub ... Deb and I will be going there tonight to give it some custom, on our way to the Fort later.

Anyway hopefully a pub retreat will be unnecessary tomorrow .... is it raining in Cambridge now?

Ah, but you're dealing with an expert now, mate! If a slightly outdated expert... I used to be obsessed about Cambridge pubs! :)

When I knew I was leaving Cambridge, I decided to revisit every pub before I left, which is when I discovered that site I linked to earlier. I almost wish I hadn't done it, though, because it simply reinforced the fact that there are dozens of fabulous pubs in Cambridge, and I was leaving them! :eek:

Just had word that my son is on his way home from Gosport tonight, if the timing isn't right then no Fort for me and will save my drinking powers till tomorrow :cool:

Still dry. . . .

The Kingston is excellent for beer! :cool:

Adavnced warning - The Fort St George has had a 'refurb'. The former array of ales now replaced by only IPA and Adnams IIRC.

it hasn't rained yet today, it's been really quite warm and overcast and although it's threatened rain it's been dry....

fingers crossed for tomorrow........

Gonna head up about lunchtime. Find "the Walworth", then settle into an afternoon's/evenings beer drinking. And hopefully not end up doing what I did last Sunday night... (something along the lines of: last train back to London, asleep, woken up at 2am by network rail man, had to climb a fence to get out of station)

The Elm Tree (in my dim recollection) always used to be good, maybe it's got even better now, judging from Stig's mention.

I checked with my locals, and they say it's a Banks & Taylor; when they opened they had 10 ales on. We're intending to get there about 11:30am for a post-breakfast tipple, then head up to the festival.

Cambridge weather...

once again, it's overcast and a bit chilly. it honestly looks like rain. :(

although i've been standing on my back doorstep, peering upwards, and can see some blue behind the grey......

<hopeful> :)

sod Midsummer Common, and the wet grass.

let's all pile round your house perplexis.

unix can bring her juggling ballls. :cool: ;)

Have a good day, those of you who go. My back and knees are bad today, so I am not going to any festival, even if the weather is fabulous (which I hope it is!). :)

would've been good to see you trashy - and meet your lil lad, but i don't blame you.

it's spitting now..... :(

<hunts for wellies> :rolleyes:

My Metcheck premium account so it might drizzle a ickle bit but no serious rain, and getting some sun later this afternoon!

sod Midsummer Common, and the wet grass.

let's all pile round your house perplexis.

unix can bring her juggling ballls. :cool: ;)

Yeah, fuck it why not? :D
Actually, I probably should go to the fair first for a bit at least :)

If anyone's leaving from Kings X shortly, can we come with you please?

You need 4 for groupsave (8 quid each) otherwise me and BF work out at 18 quid each, which is a bit much tbh. :hmm::(

Back
Top Bottom